FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13557

Best farming spots? I've seen that Northern Crater is the best but that's the point of no return. I'd like to get to lvl 99 and then take on the Weapons.

D

Deleted member 13557

I just learnt lvl 4 suicide.
I remember someone telling me to use it on a Chocobo or something?

D

Deleted member 13557

Right, I think I've got the reunion down:

Reunion is the Sephiroth clones/copies finding their way back to Jenova, essentially by being telepathically summoned. Since Sephiroth has influence over Jenova, he therefore has influence over the clones. As Sephiroth obtained the head of Jenova, and kept it with him while he was drifting in the lifestream and while he was in his materia cocoon, the clones wandered towards the Northern Crater, where the real Sephiroth resides. Jenova (shapeshifted as, and influenced by Sephiroth) killed the clones at the Whirlwind Maze, returning them to the lifestream, contributing to the ultimate power that Sephiroth seeks. That is the "reunion" amongst the clones; gathering together, and becoming one with Sephiroth. The clones are also tasked with finding the black materia, but that isn't necessarily part of the reunion.
Jenova doesn't require the lost Jenova cells that are in Sephiroth clones to reassemble itself, it just reassembles itself naturally. That's Jenova's (physical) reunion.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Pretty close. It DOES need the physical cells to be reassembled, and that's what Jenova Synthesis is in the final battles, all the Jenova cells that the clones managed to gather at the Northern Cave. Obviously it's not all of them, some are in Sephiroth, Cloud, and all the other SOLDIERs, and maybe clones that didn't make it all the way. And this likely accounts for the gaps in that huge round shape on Jenova Synthesis' back.
However, all that stuff of returning beings to the Lifestream for Sephiroth to absorb and control is all true as well. It's probably true that Jenova's physical Reunion is less crucial to Sephiroth's plan, but hey, why not :monster:
It was more important that they get the Black Materia to his physical body. Now he could have controlled any of the clones to go into the Temple and shrink it down (he likely didn't want to use the Jenova form using his shape), and they were all clearly receiving that hypnotic message, given their rambling. But he specifically wanted Cloud to do it because of his ego.

Best farming spots? I've seen that Northern Crater is the best but that's the point of no return. I'd like to get to lvl 99 and then take on the Weapons.

Not actually past the point of no return, you can trek all the way back out. The point of no return is once you reach the jumping steps to the final bosses. (the "Let's mosey" conversation).

D

Deleted member 13557

Pretty close. It DOES need the physical cells to be reassembled, and that's what Jenova Synthesis is in the final battles, all the Jenova cells that the clones managed to gather at the Northern Cave.

I wonder how the cells actually get to Jenova in order for it to reassemble. Does Synthesis form because the cells are stagnant?

You said "battles". Is Bizzaro and Safer the fusion of Sephiroth and Synthesis, assuming that once killing Synthesis, it's cells are released and Sephiroth absorbs them?

I'd take it Sephiroth killing the clones is what gathered the cells.

It's probably true that Jenova's physical Reunion is less crucial to Sephiroth's plan, but hey, why not
What even is the point of Jenova's physical reunion, bar it being one of Hojo's theories?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yes, the cells from the Copies he killed helped him regenerate and the the rest joined back together with the remaining portion of the main body of Jenova which broke out of the Shinra Building.

It's the pieces trying to come together. After Synthesis dies, the pieces are blown up. Not much are left after that.

D

Deleted member 13557

So with Hojo's theory in mind, do Jenova cells return to Jenova in the same manner that spirit energy returns to the lifesteam?

Gathering up all of the ego deprived clones just quickens the process, I guess.

This will eventually click with me lmao.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Did you ever see Terminator 2, Judgment Day?

Remember when the T-1000 was blown up after being frozen by liquid nitrogen?

All the scattered bits of him when they thawed all made their way to the location of where the main body was. And then they coalesced and reassembled.

That's the Reunion :monster:

D

Deleted member 13557

All the scattered bits of him when they thawed all made their way to the location of where the main body was. And then they coalesced and reassembled.

That's a great analogy!

D

Deleted member 13557

I feel like you're gonna hate me for saying this, but that's more or less what I initially believed the reunion to be :lol:

Regardless, sometimes I need an image in my head of something transpiring to fully understand it, and that T-1000 analogy did just that. Need to watch that film again.

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
Pretty close. It DOES need the physical cells to be reassembled, and that's what Jenova Synthesis is in the final battles, all the Jenova cells that the clones managed to gather at the Northern Cave. Obviously it's not all of them, some are in Sephiroth, Cloud, and all the other SOLDIERs, and maybe clones that didn't make it all the way. And this likely accounts for the gaps in that huge round shape on Jenova Synthesis' back.
Jenova Birth, Jenova Life, Jenova Death,..
This is similar to the stages of a Cetra's life cycle, except it may be missing the return to the Lifestream.
Unless ... Jenova Synthesis?

D

Deleted member 13557

Synthesis is the result of the reunion. Synthesis literally means "the combination of components or elements to form a connected whole". The components being the Jenova cells, the connected whole being Jenova•Synthesis.

I'm not 100% in this but I think Synthesis is the truest representation of Jenova, as most of its cells have returned to it via the reunion. Its humanoid form that you see when its in the Mt. Nibel reactor / captive at Shinra HQ is what it shapeshifted into to fool the Cetra, and much later, Gast. Could also explain why its theme is called Jenova Complete / Absolute.

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
I have to say that, like many people here, I really enjoy following your progress through the game. Thank you for sharing it.

Synthesis is the result of the reunion. Synthesis literally means "the combination of components or elements to form a connected whole". The components being the Jenova cells, the connected whole being Jenova•Synthesis.
I don't know, every being that dies is reunited with the Lifestream as well.
Do the events that the entity named Jenova goes through correspond to a birth, a life and a death? I do not think so. Why then would its name synthesis be inspired by an event occurring in the game?
Hojo briefly evokes a theory, but it may well be a decoy. I don't know if we could speak of a possible Red Herring in this case.

I'm not 100% in this but I think Synthesis is the truest representation of Jenova, as most of its cells have returned to it via the reunion. Its humanoid form that you see when its in the Mt. Nibel reactor / captive at Shiba HQ is what it shapeshifted into to fool the Cetra, and much later, Gast.
I dont know about Synthesis being the truest representation of Jenova. I like the idea of the humanoid form being the last form of an entity capable of shapeshift.
A dying tree returns to the Lifestream and its energy can participate in the birth of a man, it also looks like a shape shifting ability.

Could also explain why its theme is called Jenova Complete / Absolute.
I agree this is an argument.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13557

I never had a favorite game in years of gaming until I played this for the first time last year, I’m right there with you

Bloodborne has been my favourite game for a while, and while it's still up there, this is on a different level.

Cloud finding out his true past, that entire part in the lifestream with Tifa, sealed it for me. That was a genuine 10/10 segment.

Then factor in the combat, the materia system, the characters and the story. I got the flashback scene with Zack for the first time yesterday, and it gave me chills. Cloud picking up the buster sword, and panning to Midgar after Zack talked about them both becoming mercenaries to make some money. No wonder why Cloud was such a dick to Barret about pay lmao. Again, chills.

I love this game.

Top Bottom