FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
FFVII -> ACC -> DC -> CC

No real reason to go outside of the release order. It flows better that way. Each conclusion and hook leads to the next. :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
FFVII -> ACC -> DC -> CC

No real reason to go outside of the release order. It flows better that way. Each conclusion and hook leads to the next. :monster:
Personally I think I'd go FFVII -> Crisis Core -> On The Way To a Smile -> Advent Children :Complete -> Turks: The kids are alright -> Dirge of Cerberus -> Remake, and maybe watch Before Crisis at some nebulous point in there.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
But the hooks between DC and CC are meant to follow their release order lol You'll miss the zing of each ending if you go out of order.

And AC is meant to directly follow FFVII as its follow up movie.

Oh, and of course, CC sorta hints/previews the Remake we ended up getting more than a decade later... :monster:

I honestly wasn't even factoring in the novellas though. I'd read OTWTAS after AC and then the Turks Side Story. Before Crisis, given it's unreleased state, I figure can be watched anywhere lol

But yes.... That's a bit far away for the person playing now, heh heh...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Okay I could see CC working better last, actually, but I think I'd insist on reading OTWTAS first before AC. My only issue is that AC complete kind of expects you to have played Crisis Core first, and I don't think watching the same movie twice should be part of the "compilation experience" even though it was for most of us lol.

This probably isn't the best place for this though. You right.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I think it really depends on the person and what they're looking for, or willing to put up with in some regards. I think it can be most easily separated into chunks.

Original or Remake are the best entry points, depending on what type of games the person enjoys tactically. Original should be played right after remake at the very least, but Remake can be saved for last if original is played first.

Advent Children is probably the next litmus test as to how much deeper the person may wanna go into stuff, as its a pretty low-commitment watch. They can read the novellas before or after, depending on what their preference is really. Personally, I think the movie is confusing enough to create motivation for reading the novels for things to make sense, while I don't think the novels are really interesting enough to make up for the potential deflation at having to read a bunch of stuff to contextualize a silly shounen movie. That's just me though, I'm sure there are many who wouldn't be put off by going through the novels first.

From there, it kind of branches off depending on where their priorities lie. If the person didn't go through the Remake entry point, I'd save it for after Crisis Core. DoC/BC can be delved into whenever.

I don't think there is really a hard pipeline for everything to "flow" nicely tbh. The closest thing is order by release, as it gives the most cohesive evolution as to how the dev's thought process evolves.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I think it really depends on the person and what they're looking for, or willing to put up with in some regards. I think it can be most easily separated into chunks.

Original or Remake are the best entry points, depending on what type of games the person enjoys tactically. Original should be played right after remake at the very least, but Remake can be saved for last if original is played first.

Advent Children is probably the next litmus test as to how much deeper the person may wanna go into stuff, as its a pretty low-commitment watch. They can read the novellas before or after, depending on what their preference is really. Personally, I think the movie is confusing enough to create motivation for reading the novels for things to make sense, while I don't think the novels are really interesting enough to make up for the potential deflation at having to read a bunch of stuff to contextualize a silly shounen movie. That's just me though, I'm sure there are many who wouldn't be put off by going through the novels first.

From there, it kind of branches off depending on where their priorities lie. If the person didn't go through the Remake entry point, I'd save it for after Crisis Core. DoC/BC can be delved into whenever.

I don't think there is really a hard pipeline for everything to "flow" nicely tbh. The closest thing is order by release, as it gives the most cohesive evolution as to how the dev's thought process evolves.
Here I made a thread for this

Oh boy. Wedge!
Wedge?
What does spirit do?
It's your magic defense stat basically.

D

Deleted member 13557

Equipped the chocobo lure materia on Tifa. Take it I just search for battles in the world map until I find one?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Battles on chocobo tracks.

By the way.... You really should try fighting Mus and learning the Enemy Skill LV 4 Suicide.

Then once you learn LV 4 Suicide.... Use it on a Chocobo. Something awesome happens :awesome:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Mus are the little gophers you fight on the world map near the Chocobo Farm.

On the world map, you'll see bird tracks, near the Chocobo Farm and other places. Wearing the Choco Lure materia while running on those tracks will cause you to encounter a Chocobo in battle.

Now, once you learn L4 Suicide, find a Chocobo, feed it some greens and Sense it. And if it has a level that's a multiple of 4, use L4 Suicide on it and enjoy your prize!

Top Bottom