FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Wonder what this Jenova thing is. Game did the whole trail of blood thing which led to a murder done (presumably) by Sephiroth. Man, I have so many questions! :D

That is one of my favorite parts of the game, the atmosphere change is so good. The game changes from fighting shinra to this entire horror slaughterfest and now suddenly we're going after some legendary soldier.

Sephiroth looks fucking badass.

16 year old Cloud gets materia and starts doing squats. Amazing.

Ah yes, Cloud squatting is always fun to watch.

Would be an awkward time paradox if she wasn't

To be fair, whenever I watch someone play FFVII for the first time, and they see Tifa get slashed, I always think "I wonder if they're going to have a theory about Tifa being "dead the whole time." DUM DUM DUMMMMMM".

Will do!

Their flashback encounter was so ridiculously captivating.

The Nibleheim incident is, in my opinion, one of the best story devices in faction. Trust, me, it will all get so much better.

Ps, you have to ride the chocobo over the desert to avoid the Midgard Zolom, but you CAN actually defeat it if you know what you're doing, and it can teach you an amazingly overpowered enemy skill.

D

Deleted member 13557

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing for the solider mini game. That was weird.

The second one was fine but the first one had me confused. I try to walk out at the back, and I get pulled back.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13557

Okay, explanation time.
I think I need this I feel a little lost

Do you really want an explanation now? It'll all be made (somewhat) clear eventually.
There are two optional characters whom you have to go slightly out of your way to recruit. You normally meet the first of them in the woods to the east of Junon, but I think you have a chance to bump into her again. You'll have to fight her to recruit her. As for the second one, I can tell you where to find them if you like. Without these optional characters, you lose a really fun side-quest and some interesting backstory.

D

Deleted member 13557

Do you really want an explanation now? It'll all be made (somewhat) clear eventually.
There are two optional characters whom you have to go slightly out of your way to recruit. You normally meet the first of them in the woods to the east of Junon, but I think you have a chance to bump into her again. You'll have to fight her to recruit her. As for the second one, I can tell you where to find them if you like. Without these optional characters, you lose a really fun side-quest and some interesting backstory.

Okay, let me know

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I think you can also bump into the first side character in the woods near Gongaga, that's where I normally get them if I remember right. Even after you bump into them you have to do certain things or they still won't join you. There is one particular bit during the process that could easily trick you if you're not aware of it...kinda unfair in a way, haha.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Jesus you're going fast LMAO holy shit.

You need to run around some forests in the world map and encounter a mysterious ninja. Any forest will do.

Beat the mystery ninja in battle.

Then... And this is most important. Do NOT use the save point. It's a trap. Talk to the ninja girl. And choose...

1. Not interested
2. petrified
3. Wait a second!
4. thats right
5. Lets hurry on

And on the last dialogue option DO NOT pick "whats your name". Pick "Lets hurry on."

You'll have your first secret character. They're important so don't leave them behind :monster:

The second one is in the basement in Nibelheim. You have to solve a puzzle to get the combination number for the safe in one of the mansion's upstairs rooms, then open the safe (which is trickey, as it's hair-trigger and time-sensitive), fight the thing that comes out of it, and take the key to the basement room where you'll find the mystery character. Let's say it's bloody difficult and will drive you batty. After you find and talk to the mystery character, they shut themselves up again, and you have to walk on before they eventually catch you up and insist on joining you.

Top Bottom