FF7 Headcanons and Discussion

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
New Headcanon!

The reason Sephiroth "appeared" in Kalm and the chocobo ranch was to lure Cloud away from the mountain pass, as confronting Zack's death place might confuse and derail Cloud, the faulty flunkie.

Or he was just looking for the Black Materia in Kalm. It doesn't hurt to be thorough!

Ite

AKA
Ite
What? But Zack and Cloud drove through it before the OG...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
There was high terrain leading to the outskirts of the lower terrain where Midgar is, but Tifa explains in The Kids Are Alright that prior to Meteorfall, getting to Junon from Midgar required going all the way around the continent (as we do in the OG).

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Headcanon: Tseng hit Aeris in fear for his life because he'd forgotten about Barret's gun arm when he stopped by to taunt the terrorists, and had to hide behind her to avoid being shot out of the sky.

I guess using boats would've made too much sense.
I almost went bald thinking about the non-sensical travel limitations in FFVII. In the end I realized it was better to just "go with it" and don't question the lack of boat ferries between Junon and the Midgar coast (among other places).

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Without making any attempt to deny the weirdness of travel in FF7's world, in it's defense I would say Midgar is pretty far from the water in the original game. You have grassy plains before you even get to the wasteland, which is probably not easy travel.

Now, taking a boat from Junon to the Midgar coast and them traveling in from there may well still be faster than going around the other way. But it might not be THAT much of a time-saver when you factor in chocobos and/or vehicles.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
There probably are ferries, but by going through the mines, you don't have to give identification to a ferry operator, I assume.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Okay I may have one that doesn't clash with the Compilation.

In Wutai, Tseng calls Reno after Corneo is killed, but he doesn't actually give the order to find and eliminate AVALANCHE. Reno just said that to mess with them.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
When he was still at grade school level he had his first kill. Mainly so that he could be used to killing people in combat.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Aeris and Tifa are considered equivalent to mob bosses by the inhabitants of the slums.

Also, one of Rufus' wrists is three times the width of the other due to firing a shotgun one handed.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Once infused with Jenova, guys' genitals drop off.
The Remnants spawned without any.

I have no idea where I get this from or why.

Well, they wouldn't need genitals any more because they can reproduce their genetic material by cloning.

Bad news for all the slashfics, though.

^that can work too.

Mako radiation has been coined as an in-universe phenomenon, in ACC and DC (an NPC on the Shera mentions mako radiation). If mako itself always has high radiation levels, then I imagine that the radiation could render somebody sterile.

There's no point in looking for consistency or making sense of this though, since obviously mako is often life-giving and has not been established to cause cancer. I don't think cancer has ever been brought in the canon.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Well natural mako is just Spirit Energy -- the way Shinra pulls it out of the ground with reactors probably does it no favours.

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
I remember one headcanon from someone here about there being a whole race of Dragon Riders somewhere that are isolated from civilization but simply don't interact. Makes me imagine some Monster Hunter style cult where they have absolute laws and are expunged to wander the world like the ones we see if they don't comply.

Even if it'd likely be more equal to 1996 BBS and mobile phone technology as it was made back then in Japan, I like to imagine a fully functional network of mobile phones and internet connectivity. Just because Midgar's a big grungy city.

This is more of a headcanon/speculation about what is in Kazushige Nojima's mind.

I honestly can't shake the near-conviction that Nojima does not accept the idea that Cid's airship "The Shera" is from a lost civilization. I think he intended for the airship that Cid is working on in the OtWtaS novel to be the Shera, even though he didn't specifically name it such in the novel.

On numerous occassions, this evening included, I have tried to write a lengthy article explaining the reason for my paranoia. But the tapestry falls apart. BAH!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
This is more of a headcanon/speculation about what is in Kazushige Nojima's mind.

I honestly can't shake the near-conviction that Nojima does not accept the idea that Cid's airship "The Shera" is from a lost civilization.

What the shitting dicknipples?! :@

This is news to me.

Can we please have a thread listing aaaallll of the stupid shit they have done please? *headdesk*

What the shitting dicknipples?! :@

This is news to me.

Can we please have a thread listing aaaallll of the stupid shit they have done please? *headdesk*

Maybe I should make my pointless article-thread about the matter, if only for those who don't know the full picture. =/ Hmmmm.

Top Bottom