FFVII Character Details, Easter Eggs, and General What-the-fuckery

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream
Something I happened to think of lately and was wondering about was how Cloud and the rest carried all their gear. I mean, by the end of the game, their inventory can be immense. It's a wonder they're even able to move, let alone fight, what with hauling around literally hundreds of items, weapons, and materia and such. I know it's a game and there's supposed to be some disconnect there, I was just curious to see if anyone might have had any ideas about what an in-world explanation for that might be.

Ergo

Sugar Honey Ice & Tea
AKA
Ergo, V
Chocobo
Buggy
Tiny bronco
Highwind

Would only really be an issue pre-midgar escape really as they have transportation throughout. That or the party members not fighting were on mule horse duty and would be there to carry all their shit and setup camp etc.

Pandemonium

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Something I happened to think of lately and was wondering about was how Cloud and the rest carried all their gear. I mean, by the end of the game, their inventory can be immense. It's a wonder they're even able to move, let alone fight, what with hauling around literally hundreds of items, weapons, and materia and such. I know it's a game and there's supposed to be some disconnect there, I was just curious to see if anyone might have had any ideas about what an in-world explanation for that might be.
It was the same with ff15. We never saw them carrying their camping gear

AKA
Mr. Ite
Well technically, their last interaction is him trying to kill her with a sword and then saying “Ugh... what are you making me do.”

If we want to talk about the Real Cloud™️ his last interactions with Aeris are really the moments leading up to the conversation with Sephiroth in the Temple, so Tseng’s death, the glowing pensieve thing, and chasing that blob guy through the Scooby Doo maze. He’s too muddled, triggered, and high-octane after that “Ha ha ha call Meteor” thing to really be himself after that point.
....imo

Does anybody at any point ever say, "But it can't be Sephiroth who killed the President. We know for a documented fact that he died in the Nibelheim reactor four years ago." ? Or do they accept his return from the dead unquestioningly as just the kind of thing a crazy guy like Sephiroth would do?

Roger

Novice DM
AKA
Minato
Does anybody at any point ever say, "But it can't be Sephiroth who killed the President. We know for a documented fact that he died in the Nibelheim reactor four years ago." ? Or do they accept his return from the dead unquestioningly as just the kind of thing a crazy guy like Sephiroth would do?
AVALANCHE straight away goes "Shinra owns the news papers, that don't mean nothing." Most people don't know Sephiroth is back at all, they just remark on black-caped men. Dio has no trouble believing Sephiroth is still around and the people that have sighted him at Junon have no trouble believing Sephiroth is back.

Given the precedent of Genesis, it'd be easy to assume he just broke out of whatever lab Shinra had him stashed in, and was understandably pissed as a result.

Isn't he mostly referred to as 'The Man in the Black Cape', though?

AKA
Mr. Ite
In Kalm, you can overhear two NPCs talking about how AVALANCHE attacked Shinra HQ and killed the President (and injured his son). Earlier in the game (or is it deleted text?) ppl talk about how there was an accident in Nibelheim and Sephiroth was killed.

As far as I know, Shinra News never reports Sephiroth’s return from the grave (they blame Meteor on AVALANCHE as well) but people bring it up, first as a rumour in Junon, then Dio’s like ‘Hoopdee-doo I met that nice young man Sephy tra la tra la.’ But I think the company line is still ‘Sephiroth died in an accident 5 years ago.’

Top Bottom