FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
The difference between FFXV Pocket and this is that this is (presumably) episodic. Which doesn't mean they can't release it on other consoles, but I do think it's less likely.

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
XV's Pocket Edition was episodic too, though. The first chapter was free and the remaining nine could be purchased separately or together.
Was it released episodically or just sold episodically? Never touched the game but it sounds like all chapters of FFXV Pocket were released at once. (Edit: Actually, I guess if Ever Crisis releases in 2022 they're probably releasing it all at once in the same way too)

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
FINAL FANTASY VII EVER CRISIS is a chapter-structured single player experience which will cover the whole of the FFVII timeline, including the events of the original game along with all the FFVII compilation titles, as well as new story elements, penned by FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE story and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, surrounding the origins of SOLDIER.

https://press.na.square-enix.com/FI...INTERGRADE-ANNOUNCED-FOR-PLAYSTATION5-CONSOLE

New story elements.

I wonder if we'll eventually go past Dirge and finally reveal what the fuck Genesis wants with Weiss. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You guys play that Dissidia game, which seems to involve a lot of micro transactions, so you're probably the most knowledgeable about the set up.
For my part, I'm not spending real money on a mobile game lol.

I'm not still playing it, but I never spent any money on it when I played. The random "gacha" shit is equipment, and not characters. Which for me is what makes it more tolerable.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dissidia Opera Omnia does not have "a lot of microtransactions" lol That's the most free-to-play friendly game I've ever even seen. And I have been (and to an extent still am) mobile-game averse.

Most of what you buy from OO are either costumes which are purely cosmetic, or gem packages which are pretty damn generous if you need the boost. Oh, and the moogle pass which is 5 bucks a month to help with stuff. But again, I know people who've been free-to-play since the beginning, and have zero difficulty playing. It's not that serious lol

If Ever Crisis is just a game you can free-to-play and just spend money to maybe get some unique customizable gear/costumes, that'd be perfect.

The mobile games you have to be wary of are games done by Gumi. Like... Brave Exivus :awesomonster:

Union X was pretty damn expensive too and I have no idea how people enjoyed that game since it was so damn dated lol

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Im really bummed this is a mobile game. I was really hoping for the remake to cover all these titles, but i guess it still can.
I mean, it kind of is in its own way (at least as far as incorporating elements from them goes.) A full remake of all of them was unlikely though. This seems to be their way of having the full story out-there without committing to a big budget thing. I'd rather have just had a collection with a BC remake included, but mobile games have less rights issues and more easy-money potential.
I'm not still playing it, but I never spent any money on it when I played. The random "gacha" shit is equipment, and not characters. Which for me is what makes it more tolerable.
Ah, okay. That does sound slightly less terrible.
Dissidia Opera Omnia does not have "a lot of microtransactions" lol That's the most free-to-play friendly game I've ever even seen. And I have been (and to an extent still am) mobile-game averse.

Most of what you buy from OO are either costumes which are purely cosmetic, or gem packages which are pretty damn generous if you need the boost. Oh, and the moogle pass which is 5 bucks a month to help with stuff. But again, I know people who've been free-to-play since the beginning, and have zero difficulty playing. It's not that serious lol
Gotcha. I guess that sets the precedent for how Square does mobile stuff then. So it won't bleed our wallets.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
idk looks like one of those hero based mobile game reskins with a meter to fill and a locked set of abilities to mash.
View attachment 9231
Looks like an ATB meter with icon-based skills instead of menu-based skills. Probably each of those is a materia slot or something.

Ever Crisis will probably be like FFXV Pocket Edition. First chapter free, additional chapters released over time for $2 each or something, and then when they're all out a way to buy everything in one package and maybe a PC port.

Top Bottom