FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
In the EC trailer, we see the in-fire flashes to what seems like a younge Sephiroth with blood on his cheek. Wearing a Shinra uniform with the Shinra logo on his single-bladed katana.

Then in the First Crisis videos from way back, we see a young white haired, troop-wearing Soldier. The models look very similar to me and I take to the be the same character.

Naw, they're not the same character. Young Sephiroth and that other white haired character along with the other SOLDIER candidates from TFS trailer will get their own stories. Ever Crisis is going to cover TFS in it's own storyline centric way.

I'm pretty sure the devs had to come out and explicitly state that the silver haired guy in the First Soldier trailer was not young Sephiroth after the fans went wild. Does seem like they'll be looking at his past in EC based on that reveal though.

Except they did say that the story of named early soldier candidates would be explored in EC, so they could be trolling us with how the first soldier guy is going "predecessor" to Seph. I don't think they're that mean though...

We'll get both stories :monster:

They'll need to keep EC going after all, lol

Reactions: Ite

HeyWhyNot?

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Didn't they post the opening cutscene for the First Soldier content in Ever Crisis some months back? I feel like what we saw in the trailer is, at least the current concept of, part of the opening for the Young Sephiroth content.

waw

Pro Adventurer
Naw, they're not the same character. Young Sephiroth and that other white haired character along with the other SOLDIER candidates from TFS trailer will get their own stories.
I haven't seen this, and I'm not calling you out on it, but if you happened to have a source I'd be be really curious. I'm wondering if it's a fakeout or what. The models just look quite similarly to me.

waw

Pro Adventurer
I disagree they don't at least look similar. The short choppy white hair, we only see from behind the outfits look quite similar to me. But yes, I don't think Nomura and co. lie very often (unlike other creators that rely on that fakeout sort of shtick). I'm quite puzzled now.

Thanks!

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The entrance to Nibelheim in Ever Crisis is quite a bit different from how it appears in the original game and Crisis Core. Notice how it doesn't open up to the water tower as early, the tree on the right-hand side, and the large building in the distance where the road usually curves to the Shinra Manor. Considering that the Remake Project's assets serve as Ever Crisis's base, this may be how Nibelheim will appear in Rebirth. In fact I'm confident of this. I doubt they would give the town a unique design just for a mobile game.

1655633541656.png

1655633845423.png

1655633855256.png

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The fact that Ever Crisis so heavily uses remake assets has me thinking all party members must appear in Rebirth and most major locations just so Ever Crisis doesn't spoil it all for us lol.

Also makes me feel like Dirge HD is guaranteed because they're gonna have to make HD models of the locations and enemies anyway.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Young Sephiroth won't be a focus of the First Soldier story.
He'd be 11 years old at the oldest during those events, since they take place 12 years after the very start of the Jenova Project.

Really excited for Ever Crisis.
I'm also of the mind that a Dirge remake is pretty much guaranteed.
It'll probably come out after Rebirth releases, while EC is covering Dirge content.

Reactions: waw

waw

Pro Adventurer
Young Sephiroth won't be a focus of the First Soldier story.
He'd be 11 years old at the oldest during those events, since they take place 12 years after the very start of the Jenova Project.
Timeline, you're right. I'm curious how "big" 11 year old Sephiroth is. Did he grow at abnormal rate? After all, he's a Wutai War hero that inspires Genesis and Angeal while they're all very young. Like 15-17 or something. He gets world famous before he's 18 to my recollection.

Maybe they're pulling some Goku shenanigans. Jenova-children shoot up really fast?

I'm torn on if First Soldier will be Sephiroth's story or not. In part, I feel like they're going to be definitive and it'll be about him. He's the First Soldier. But the timeline of that game seems to confirm a debate we've long held:

Were their SOLDIERs before Sephiroth? The answer has always been yes and no. All SOLDIERs have Jenova Cells. So did the first Soldier have J Cells before Sephiroth as a successful experiment? Project 0 hints at that. If so, why are we told originally that Sephiroth was the first soldier? My expectation is that First Soldier Ever Crisis will feature three perfect candidates for SOLDIER that get Shinra interested in Project 0 being it's sort of flagship military unit only for all of them to be outclassed by juvenile Sephiroth who's just way more powerful than they are - possibly even slaughters them to prove his strenght (hence the blood on his cheek).

My problem which cheeky Seph? Crisis Core made me believe he only snapped at Nibelheim.

I'm also of the mind that a Dirge remake is pretty much guaranteed.
It'll probably come out after Rebirth releases, while EC is covering Dirge content.
I. Cannot. Wait. I loved the lore of DoC so, so much. Seeing all that remade, remastered, and better? And dear lords if they improve the mechanics of that game... and the possibility of them once again doing the Multiplayer storyline on a new, worldwide multiplayer?!

But to wait for Ever Crisis DoC until then? AAAAAH!

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Were their SOLDIERs before Sephiroth? The answer has always been yes and no. All SOLDIERs have Jenova Cells. So did the first Soldier have J Cells before Sephiroth as a successful experiment? Project 0 hints at that. If so, why are we told originally that Sephiroth was the first soldier? My expectation is that First Soldier Ever Crisis will feature three perfect candidates for SOLDIER that get Shinra interested in Project 0 being it's sort of flagship military unit only for all of them to be outclassed by juvenile Sephiroth who's just way more powerful than they are - possibly even slaughters them to prove his strenght (hence the blood on his cheek).

I figure it's just a technicality thing.
Sephiroth was developed first, but it was as a fetus.
So you have adult SOLDIER candidates being augmented with Jenova cells while Seph is a little kid, and these guys are deployed before he ever is despite not being "first".

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I feel like the flashes to a presumably younger Sephiroth are probably meant to be hinting at the storyline for THE FIRST SOLDIER that they said it'd include, since that's the only new storyline that they've indicated EVER CRISIS will feature.

Project: 0 culminating with Sephiroth wiping out the player characters would be pretty similar to the way the player characters in BC and DC's Multiplayer Mode were given a somewhat unceremonious exit from the story in order to prevent them from interfering with the overarching plot.

SilverArrow20XX

Pro Adventurer
Perhaps the First SOLDIER chapter runs from 18 years ago to 15 years ago, when the Wutai War starts.
Which would give a window for Seph's childhood at the start, and end with 14 year old Seph dominating the battlefield.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
200w.gif

Less than 2 months left in 2022 bruh

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
LMAO, I saw you post this. Who's this dude supposed to be? A-Team or something?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I do wonder though, because they did announce there would be a beta and there’s nothing - so there has to be something buggy/difficult to implement?

I’m seriously losing interest though, at this point Nojima should just release the new stories under an EC umbrella novella lol.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's not just Ever Crisis.

Kingdom Hearts Missing Link has also gone suspiciously MIA.

Either things are just moving slowly due to development delays thanks to covid, or perhaps there's a reassessment of mobile given the sales figures of their past products.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It wouldn't just be FFVII The First Soldier. You also have the Pixel Remaster series and Kingdom Hearts Dark Road.

Clearly, something must have given S-E pause in how they do mobile development. I have a feeling certain new monetization rules regarding gacha also played a part in TFS's early demise.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I have a feeling certain new monetization rules regarding gacha also played a part in TFS's early demise.
I hadn't hear about that. Given Ever Crisis has gacha elements as well, that could explain the vanishing act. Maybe they're restructuring it to be non-gacha? I can dream.

Top Bottom