SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 14 Spoiler Discussion

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Does Leviathan have a gender in Russian?
It doesn't, but every noun falls into a certain gender category (masculine, feminine, or neutral) according to the ending of the word. For instance, a table (стол) is a guy, a lamp (лампа) is a lady, a window (окно) is gender-neutral. Leviathan has a spelling associated with the masculine gender, therefore I automatically assumed it was a guy.

*looks at Ody's comment*

...assumed twice, obviously LMAO

You have the strangest feeling you've been here before...
I've been touched by the Whispers and lost part of my memories...

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
Do you think we should consider Aerith's resolution scene as an expansion of the already existing story and her (and Cloud's) OG character arcs - something that's retroactively always been there even if we didn't see it in the OG - or is it the result of the changes introduced in Part 1? I think Barret and Tifa's scenes fit the former situation, and I tend to believe also Aerith's is on the same level, but I'm not 100% sure. Does the Ultimania say anything about it?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yes, I do. I think this Aerith is the one who already died in the Lifestream - Aerith in Shinra Tower brings forth a version of herself who has memories of the close future (see), and as such, I believe these are her true feelings. What she says is that she doesn't want to fall in love with him because he doesn't love her like that. Which is exactly what went on in the OG, where she did fall in love with him. Here we see her wish that before she falls for him, with the memories of her falling for him in the close future. The only reason for her to say that his feelings for her aren't real is because she is aware of his true feelings for Tifa, so after the Lifestream scene... which is why I think this Aerith is the one from the Lifestream after she dies.

Thenir

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nirnaeth
Aerith in Shinra Tower brings forth a version of herself who has memories of the close future
This is exactly the point that confuses me. If it's Remake Aerith who's consciously bringing forth the memories of her future self, than this scene is a Remake-only thing, as it is a consequence of Aerith knowing more than she should.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think the reason why it's a future Aerith... is so that she does not know her fate. She might have some perception of it (unlike the OG), but I think they have clearly separated the two so that the Aerith of the future can talk about Cloud, his problems and feelings, and as a result the feelings she herself feels at that moment and space. But Aerith in the Shinra tower, the Aerith we have played with at that moment, does not know everything like the Aerith in her resolution does. It's most probable that the ShinraTower!Aerith is much much less aware of the future than the Lifestream!Aerith.

Although I would say that with everything she's said up until then, it's also very probable that she knows or understands to a degree where Cloud's feelings are (the yellow flower) and that is why she has decided to send him that vision of herself. Because she is also aware that she should not fall for him.

Top Bottom