SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 14 Spoiler Discussion

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I'm actually playing Ch 16 now, but going back to read previous chapter threads. I got the Tifa scene, had no idea there were others. Of that scene, I found the camera moving to and staying on the water a bit odd. Of the side-quests, I liked that Betty had different dances for each piece of music... but like Maximilian Dood (after I finish a chapter, I watch his play-though of that chapter), I also thought I could just select the right music from the discs collected so far (but it didn't take me as long as it did him to find the quest related music). Tonberry killed me initially... And yeah Wall Market in the day.... yuck. As for the underground lab side-quest, I was surprised by the small amount of gil and EXP you get from the behemoth. I thought there were going to go somewhere with all the strange bioluminescent fungus growing in the sewers, and was disappointed they didn't.

I get the distinct feeling we'll being seeing Leslie in future installments. Hopefully we'll learn more about him, his past, and his quest to find his ex-fiancé .

One big issue though..... WHAT HAPPENED TO WEDGE'S CATS?! Only one survived?! That is not ok!:'(:'( Also.... where is the cat after the gameplay resumes? Yes Marlene is petting it in the cut-scene... but it's nowhere to be found in the house or in the garden..... I know it's not hugely important, but not having the model in the bedroom with Wedge is kinda an oversight, isn't it?

Last edited:

Purple

Charmed
I thought it was a nod to the Lifestream too because it glowed ever so slightly when the camera panned to it

Wait, Marlene pets Wedge’s cat? I must’ve missed that as I don’t recall seeing it. Where does this happen exactly?

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Hey folks,

A bunch of people (myself included, at least at first) had been a little disgruntled at the fact that the collapse of the Sector 7 plate seemed to have spared every named NPC, lessening the impact (:awesome:) of the disaster. So, in my most recent playthrough, I was thinking of making a tally of the Sector 7 slums NPCs with a name (or with whom you have an actual dialogue) who didn't show up as survivors on this chapter to be a bit more factual about this. Let's have a death count!
So far I haven't seen Gwen, Katie (for named NPCs) among the survivors, nor the Scrap Dealer (quest giver on chapter 3), nor the man with a bob hat standing guard in front of the derelict factory (also part of a side quest on chapter 3). Any other missing person?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Question for those who played in JP and have seen Aerith's resolution, did it seem to you that she talked... differently? @odekopeko talked to me about this, and she thinks it's OG!Aerith there - thinking back about it, this Aerith moment seems closer to the Aerith in the OG than the Remake Aerith, so... it'd be interesting because it would mean she's not aware of her fate?

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I've been playing this chapter bit by bit for DAYS given how long and eventful it is... If you tackle each and every side quest, that is. But I just love doing side quests so much :lol: The only things that I left behind are another champion belt (sorry, beefcakes, one round is enough) and whack-a-box on Hard because I was getting tired of failures, but now I rerget it because it would be really great to have that Transference Module. Meh.

Like many others, I got the Tifa scene. My poor heart, again and again.

Found myself in a predicament that I had to complete Chadley's reports, which led me to re-thinking my entire materia set-ups. Should have started earlier, mehhhhhh. As a result, I had to open extra materia slots and carry the stuff I usually find useless (spells like Breach, or Sleep, or Poisona, you see I don't even remember the names of their corresponding materia).

Barret is currently using the Wrecking Ball, not only because it has materia slots aplenty, but also because his melee attacks are amazingly powerful, especially the Overrun, and the unique abilities, too. Like, wow. When I used to play the OG, I hated his melee weapons and the fact that he had to run towards the enemy and back, which looked kind of stupid. Who would have thought :mon:

I was trying to keep the Buster on Cloud's back as much as possible because it's THE sword, but I eventually switched to the Mythril Saber. It has insane magic attack stats, and that's what I need because I gave him the Pray materia when Aerith had left, because someone has to do the grinding while she's away. Works pretty well.

Didn't expect much from going back into the sewers but was pleasantly surprised. The maps are only partially the same, and all the rubble, and the shortcuts, and the chase, the feeling of urgency, and a different kind of enemies make it worth playing.

All the boss and semi-boss and colloseum fights have been super enjoyable except one. Whatever I do, I can't beat Leviaphan :rage: He emerges from below and hits me pretty hard, and Shiva doesn't have much time to make a difference before he casts Tidal Wave and wipes out the entire party. I decided to leave it till later when my party has higher levels and better stats. Perhaps I have to look up some tips, too.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The way Leviathan can just swim through matter and then fly over you out of reach is the most hilarious troll shit ever.

You definitely need strong magic to deal with her, it's not easy if you rely on melee and close ranged attacks. Remember, Leviathan is weak to Lightning and Aerith has Arcane Ward. Use that and zap her with Lightning.

Top Bottom