SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 9 Spoiler Discussion

Lex

Administrator
I just got Aerith's "bad" dress (which requires doing no side missions on chapter 8) and I feel like garbage because she's so embarrassed in it. I still think it's pretty!

Also shout out to the fact that there are 3 different versions of Aerith's theme based on which dress she gets lol.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I just got Aerith's "bad" dress (which requires doing no side missions on chapter 8) and I feel like garbage because she's so embarrassed in it. I still think it's pretty!

Also shout out to the fact that there are 3 different versions of Aerith's theme based on which dress she gets lol.

And the people absolutely ROAST her as you're walking to the Honeybee Inn. :alone:

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
I don't have words... how can all of you describe it all so perfectly?

Wow. Just wow. Except for the background music (why didn't they use the OG??) everything got nailed, like really. All the stores, all the characters (the guy sitting around the corner in the weapons shop!). And discovering everything, knowing I'll be able to return and do more stuff. Will I ever get the treasures in the back alleys? Boy, was I excited when I discovered The Wall. Even with the graffiti on it!

But like always, I focus on the things I've missed. :wacky: I didn't get Aerith's limit e.g. (didn't even know it was possible, by the time I fought in the Colosseum again, Aerith was already dressing up). Didn't get the sauce, didn't nail the dance, got Chocobo Sam's side quests, didn't fucking equip my hard earned Champion belt (regretting this at the beginning of Ch. 10)! And no money for Cloud's new sword! Aps shows me I need all that and more...
And a bit bummed the clothes store and the owner are good for practically nothing.

But other than that: Perfection! I love all the new characters! Was sceptical about Leslie when I first saw pictures of him, but he really does a good job as one of Corneo's lackeys. :mon:

And Corneo was just the perfect amount of disgusting. Nail on!

Well, now I did have a fair amount of words, too. :lol:

I totally forgot the food place! Damn, I wanted to eat Today's special so badly!

Oh, and the music when you leave the market! What is it? It sounds so beautiful...
And the fact that you can totally walk back to sector 5 is so pointless, but still so good!:lol: Or is there any point?

Last edited:

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I got Sam's quests with these choices:

"She's in great shape." To Sam when describing Tifa.
"No thanks." To the guy outside the hotel.
Stayed at the hotel at some point, after meeting the trio/winning at the colosseum but before having Aerith get changed I believe as that's when I started grinding materia levels.
Paid for the most expensive massage.
Said "No deal" for the coin flip.

Also said "No," to Johnny when you first meet him and said that Aerith's outfit looked comfortable.

I'm... not really seeing a pattern yet.

Just did this again with a few changes and got Madame M's quests. Changes I made:

"She's a great fighter." To Sam when describing Tifa.
I chose the 3rd option when talking to the guy outside the hotel. Can't recall what that one was now but it wasn't 'How much' or '...No thanks.' :mon:
Did not stay at the hotel at any point.

Everything else stayed the same.

Ok, this time around I got Sam's quest. I picked

- she's in great shape
- no thanks to the guy outside the hotel
- stayed at the hotel
- had the poor man's massage
- 'tails'

So much fun!!!!!

The Shinra Middle Manager is in Wall Market down by the HBI. He's acting pretty cocky and telling his friend that he's there undercover because Avalanche is hiding out in Wall Market. Of course, says the SMM, the big guns will come in to do the heavy lifting. Cloud reaches for his sword when SMM says this, but his friend/underling remarks on how he hasn't investigated anything but the honeygirls. SMM asks his friend not to tell the missus. Later, when Cloud is in his dress, SMM swoons and asks for his/her autograph.

I love the Shinra Middle Manager. I'm really glad they didn't give him a name. It would be cool if in the final installment, after bumping into him all over the planet, the party finally ask him, "So what's your name, man?" and he tells them.

SE did not fail us in Wall Market. It really is everything I hoped it would be.

jeronimus

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Mostly Simple
I've still not actually managed to make the time to play through this entire chapter, but I wanted to chime in and say the first highway music gave me such a headache that I genuinely put this game down for a week and finally forced my way through to get to the end. I might not have been in the mood, but the difficulty of fighting enemies creating multiple hard-to-predict poison zones in cramped dark spaces with noisy repetitive music... that really, really stressed me out.

Oh, and then the Oppressed People remix came in and I... really wasn't expecting a dubstep track that cuts out half the original tune.

And after being annoyed at some things in Chapter 8, like, severely taken out of the game... yeah, I hate to say it but I wasn't feeling it for a bit. I made it to Wall Market, though, so with some luck I'll feel up to continuing what's supposedly the best part of the game soon.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
There are two side quest paths in chapter 9, one of them is the "Madam M path" which I got, where you do a couple of quests in the run up to the dress. These quests are called "The Price of Thievery" and "Shears Counterattack".

The other is the "Chocobo Sam" path which has quests called "The Party Never Stops" and "A Dynamite Body". The Party Never Stops is a long-ish quest involving Johnny where you do everything you did in the original - go to the bar to get the clothing store owner, the pharmacy to get the digestive, the materia shop guy etc etc.

Which quest chain you get depends on the answers you give to Chocobo Sam and some other choices at the beginning of the chapter:

View attachment 5463

Also I really think this should have been the Wall Market theme:

I got Sam's path and I think the only thing I got right outside of main quest objectives was my answer to Aerith. All the other stuff where I had to choose an answer I did not answer how this guide says to. I also got the normal massage, not the poor one.

I'm fascinated by the fact there's another path.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So a couple additional things about this chapter:

- So basically... Cloud has never heard of a high five before? Is that it? I don't really understand this. Is he this messed up in the head that he had no idea that both Tifa in chapter 7 and now Aerith in chapter 9 are trying to give him a high five? It took like two failed tries for him to catch on that this is what Aerith was doing. It would be one thing if he turned away not noticing that each girl was going for it, but he was staring straight at both of them and just...had no clue?

- The Sam quest chain made me happy because it was basically a slight recreation of what was going on in the OG but with a twist. I guess some people hated Johnny being involved but I enjoyed it. He has a bit if an endearing quality to him.

- That hand massage though. That was awkward but kind of funny. I enjoyed Cloud's reaction to it when it was over. He just stood there flexing his hand in awe of how much better he seemed to be feeling. I only got the middle one. I can only imagine the expensive one.

- I managed to get Aerith's best dress on the first try (at least I'm assuming it's her best dress). I enjoyed Johnny holding back the paparazzi and rolling out a red carpet for her. And Cloud honestly had no idea what to say. XD

- Tifa got the Chun-li outfit. I guess that's the "sporty" one?

- That dance mini game was awkward. I felt awkward doing it. I think that if any of the other party members did it that would be fine. Tifa (maybe), Aerith for sure, even Barret I can see being all, "Hell yeah let's do this!" But Cloud? For some reason just seems wrong. I didn't like it XD

The mini game was hard, too. I guess I shouldn't have watched the line like people said. The camera spun so much I had a hard time telling where it was. Aerith just laughed nervously the whole time and was like, "At least you tried..." :awesomonster:

- Cloud had a much nicer dress than the one in the trailer. Not sure if his best or not? The Don chose him, but that doesn't seem to be optional this time? That makes me sad. I was so proud of myself at first but I guess not. :(

- "Yup, nailed it, moving on." (or however it goes hahaha)

- Tifa and Aerith taking on the Don's men was fabulous, though. And they each got the properly enthusiastic high five from each other that they couldn't seem to get from Cloud.

Wait, is this a metaphor? ?

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So basically... Cloud has never heard of a high five before? Is that it? I don't really understand this. Is he this messed up in the head that he had no idea that both Tifa in chapter 7 and now Aerith in chapter 9 are trying to give him a high five? It took like two failed tries for him to catch on that this is what Aerith was doing. It would be one thing if he turned away not noticing that each girl was going for it, but he was staring straight at both of them and just... didn't had no clue?

I think it's just that high fives are exuberant and decidedly not stoic and cool, so Cloud feels awkward doing it.

Cloud had a much nicer dress than the one in the trailer. Not sure if his best or not?

If you got Sam's quests, then yes it was :monster:

The mini game was hard, too. I guess I shouldn't have watched the line like people said. The camera spun so much I had a hard time telling where it was.

Personally I mostly ignored the line, and just waited for the hexagon to close around the button whenever one showed up. I think I got perfect on all but 2.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what foodstuff is being served on the counter at the Drunkards' Tavern? This image, which I screenshotted from a youtube video, doesn't really do it justice. It looks like a heap of poorly rendered low resolution entrails, which is probably exactly what it is.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 23.36.55.png

Top Bottom