SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 9 Spoiler Discussion

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I'll weigh in with how I got my quests:

I never stayed at the hotel, so that doesn't that factor into anything.

Burning Thighs is available in both instances and so it changes nothing whether you do it or not. I do it just to advance the plot forward instead of wandering aimlessly.

If you want Madam M's quests to get Cloud's white dress you need to ignore everything with Johnny until the story forces you to interact with him when he goes to get Aerith.
Madam M's quests are Price of Thievery and Shears' Counterattack. Choose 'no deal' during Sam's coin flip, and either 'she's a great fighter/she's good at the books'.

I got Chocobo Sam's quests my first run through Wall Market. The only option that matters is 'She's in great shape', and picking heads or tails during the coin flip (I chose heads). Interact with Johnny every chance you get.
Sam's quests are Dynamite Body and The Party Never Stops.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I just did the dancing with Andrea and it was absolutely sensational.

I think they got the tone of everything perfect in Wall Market, with maybe the exception of the background music, which sounds a bit naff.

But genuinely 10/10 for atmosphere in this whole section. Andrea's up there with the Station Conductor from the original game as one of my all time favourite NPCs.

Also I have to say I find it hilarious walking around this den of debauchery and mayhem and sex and drugs and booze and criminality and then Chadley's just standing there like:

7f49f2ad6e866e55aaeb1a65f1588d59.jpg

"Wanna fight a chicken ball, Cloud?"

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I can’t really remember what I did differently between the two besides talking to Johnny all the time, getting the regular massage, and choosing heads for the coin flip for Chocobo Sam. I think he was the first of the Trio that I visited during the first run I did.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
The fact that people are already determining what the little choices do in Wall Market is why the Final Fantasy community is so good. And I love how the game tracks player actions for different outcomes, both in the original and in Remake. So good! How many outcomes are there in Wall Market?

I got Cloud in a blue corset dress and also got dancing with Andrea. This is what I did:
  • Tails for Chocobo Sam’s coin flip
  • “She’s a great fighter” when he asks about Tifa
  • Talked to Johnny a lot
  • Mid-range hand massage
  • “It’s alright” when Madame M is asking about Aerith’s dress.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Alright, I'm here. Clocking about 29 and a half hours.

When I saw Tifa on the chocobo carriage she was wearing her OG dress and I picked "mature" for her back in c3. I'm hoping to get Aerith's red dress too. For Cloud I have no idea, I think I'm just going to try doing everything and talking to everyone I can and see where things end up.

For Aerith’s red dress in the trailers you need to do every available quest with her throughout Chapter 8.

I got Cloud’s blue corset dress after doing all of the quests. Black dress is the bare minimum quest reward, and the white dress is from Madam M’s side quests (as far as I know).

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Slightly disappointing, but it probably would have been a bit much to make 3 versions of the scene. Like was said, this helps strengthen Tifa and Aerith's bond anyway.
Yup. Cloud being picked has always been the most remarkable one, and given how insane the cutscenes are in this game (with thight synchronization), I also assumed that the workload was not worth enough for the thight schedule.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Seeing everybody speculate on "these choices do that or they possibly do that" is so nostalgic for the time before FFVII had been super-hacked and there were Ultimanias aplenty. :monster:
It really is a unique time that brings us back to that mystery of figuring out the game. I love it.

What does Aerith have other than the red dress? Does everyone get the dance with Andrea, or are there quests with the other characters?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
It really is a unique time that brings us back to that mystery of figuring out the game. I love it.

What does Aerith have other than the red dress? Does everyone get the dance with Andrea, or are there quests with the other characters?

Aerith has two pink dresses she can wear that depend on the amount of quests you do with her for the people of Sector 5 in Chapter 8.

I think it looks gold.
RG0BS1U.gif

Top Bottom