FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I too succumbed to sleep and awoke to find it very much real.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I took a three hour nap earlier and woke up to my dad's disapproving chiding because apparently I'm not a kid any more and should be sleeping like
like my brother who totally doesn't live in a fantasy world like I do and does not spend his nights playing D&D with his mates :whistle: hate to spoil it for you mom and dad, your son is just as big of a nerd as your daughter is
. So there was no doubt in my mind that I hadn't just dreamt it all.

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
I like how the dialogue was kinda pointed at us for wanting a remake for so long whilst also kind of applying to the game, it's just I'm going to be frothing at their ankles for tangible gameplay footage or something else for a while since what happened with Versus XIII. A trailer's hardly enough to get me amped by itself since this is Square.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
I'm listening to the OG soundtrack while playing Terraria. Such squee imagining the possibilities.

But all this has me nervous over something though. Are they going to butcher Cloud and turn him into a whiny little chocobo-face again? Pleasedon'tpleasedon'tpleasedon't.

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
My favourite is 'You Can Hear The Cry Of The Planet', such an otherworldly song. Makes me think of all the varied geography and locales we'll be scaling if they even come close to the OG game, I can't wait, I hope all the surreal prerendered backgrounds are just brought to life by being redone in HD and aren't completely different looking.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Seeing the announcement and trailer for this just after waking up served as a very effective replacement for coffee. Its ok caffeine, my old friend, I know you want to help, but trust me, I've never been more awake than I am right now.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but did anyone find it interesting how they showed South Edge in the trailer? There were running trains, skyscrapers, etc. It was interesting to see a glimpse of life even after the compilation. It looks like the people really start to thrive.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, can't tell yet if that first bit was post FF7. Or if that was just a subway stop that literally meant the "south edge" of Midgar.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, can't tell yet if that first bit was post FF7. Or if that was just a subway stop that literally meant the "south edge" of Midgar.

Hmm, well I took it as taking place after FF7 since that was when Edge was founded. I just figured it has grown so much that now there is a South Edge. Plus, the architecure looks pretty different from Midgar.

EDIT: Just watched it again and at first I thought the transition to the kids playing at the playground was going from post FF7 to that location during FF7, but I am not sure if it is doing that or if it is transitioning from upper plate to below the plate.

Last edited:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Yeah. Maybe Gamescom, but I'm not going to hold my breath for it. TGS is September, seems like a safer bet.

If it's slated for 2017, we probably won't get a solid PR push for the game until next year, maybe after XV.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It said Winter at the end of the trailer. Gamescom is where we'll see more of FFXV and a new ATR about it.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
It said Winter at the end of the trailer. Gamescom is where we'll see more of FFXV and a new ATR about it.
Ah, how did I miss that?

Well, I guess that means they'll probably be hosting their own event in Tokyo this Winter, huh?

1) Like someone said earlier, the cardboard sword the kid was playing with is one of Cloud's Fusion swords.

2) South Edge

I'm confused as hell. Maybe its not JUST a remake.

This whole "Edge" thing is not unprecedented. It is difficult to make out, but in the second screen of the original game you can read out "North Edge Station".

sZGQvus.png

Difficulty seeing it?

J6Mc7zd.png

Meaning that parts of Midgar already had "Edge" in its naming tradition. There is North Edge (Station) and South Edge (as seen in the trailer).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
ikr, it's like a family.....reunion :monster:
i made this joke on tumblr but imma let this slide because i'm just so happy rn

tbh i am fully expecting a different experience than the original game and i'm fine with that. if i wanted the original, i can go play that whenever i want. frankly i'd like something different

like if they ended the ltd by making tifa and aerith lesbians

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Truth be said, I've been eager to experience the new Dissidia game and hadn't even planned on something like this, mentally... as I had already been preparing myself to try Arkham Knight and FFXV, to say nothing of my eternal love for Guilty Gear.

Now with a 'blast from the past' such as this... I'm starting to wonder how the 'ole Icybrian Crew* from Icy's RPG forum are reacting to all this.

*Twilight Mexican knows what I refer to.

Depending on how things go, I will:

1. Buy a new PC.
2. Buy a PS4
3. Buy a PS4 and TURN IT in to a PC!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm just amazed they've been working on it this whole time to some degree, keeping it secret and taking the hate from fans.

Wherever this secret game developing base is I hereby dub it Squarea 51.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Now with a 'blast from the past' such as this... I'm starting to wonder how the 'ole Icybrian Crew* from Icy's RPG forum are reacting to all this.
!

Icybrian? I remember him. I was never active on the forums or anything but I did submit my first official fanfiction to him ("Day Off"). I remember thinking his character art for himself was hilarious.

Wow... that takes me back to days of working at my first job at a mall management office while chatting to my friends on MSN Messenger and using myspace.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Didn't it say somewhere that they've been working on this for a year and a half? That means that this was already in the works when they revealed the FF7 port last year.

It was a troll hidden within another troll.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Have they even said anything else about the PS4 port? Wasn't it supposed to be out in Spring?

Does it even exist? Was it literally a prank?

Top Bottom