FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
So I just found out this morning that the FFVII remake is a thing.

5days.png%7Eoriginal

5 days guys.
I'm gone 5 days and I completely miss the remake announcement!? WTF!?

So anyway, (my very late) reaction when I watched the trailer half hour ago was this:

:what:

Quickly followed by this:

It's real, it's actually real. :'(

I don't know how to feel right now. All these at once:

:excited::'(:awesome::headbang::scared::lol::joy::aah::neo:

e.suna

little nerdling
I love hearing people's reactions (no matter how delayed), it makes me excited all over again. :D

So I have a question. Since the game has apparently already been in production for some time now, how realistic/unrealistic would it be to hope for a 2017 anniversary release? Is 3 1/2-ish years not enough time? (oh god I just don't want it to be like waiting for KH3/FFXV)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I told this to Yop on skype, one of the funniest things about this thread was having him (the owner of the site) come in here about 24 hours and 30 pages after the announcement and essentially go "Oh FFVII is getting a remake? Meh don't really care."

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
holy shit I'm back.
it took me 2 days and half to read this thread.
I didn't watch the E3 because of the time zone but some of my friends did it and spent the night and morning after talking about SW Battlefront. then I opened facebook, I saw the trailer and I started yelling at my friends for not telling me.
now I know what I want for my 20th birthday ^_^

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I told this to Yop on skype, one of the funniest things about this thread was having him (the owner of the site) come in here about 24 hours and 30 pages after the announcement and essentially go "Oh FFVII is getting a remake? Meh don't really care."

"we're here with the owner of the internet's premier ffvii website to ask how he feels about news of the remake"
"meh"

anxiousheart

Lv. 1 Adventurer
For me, a 2018 release would be pretty perfect since I will (hopefully) be graduating right about then, so I won't have any pesky degree work to distract me from enjoying it.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I just told my friend that if this game comes out in 2017, I'm not going to celebrate my 29th birthday that year; instead I'm going to throw myself a 9th birthday party because I WILL BE A CHILD AGAIN. :excited: :aah:

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
For me, a 2018 release would be pretty perfect since I will (hopefully) be graduating right about then, so I won't have any pesky degree work to distract me from enjoying it.

wow. That's some forward thinking. I can't imagine even waiting that long, though with Square the notion isn't exactly unrealistic either... /rolleyes

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Square always said that the Compilation wouldn't be finished until the 20th Anniversary. I imagine this'll be released in 2017, especially if they've already been working on it for a year or two.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I just told my friend that if this game comes out in 2017, I'm not going to celebrate my 29th birthday that year; instead I'm going to throw myself a 9th birthday party because I WILL BE A CHILD AGAIN. :excited: :aah:

Howl can I come to your party? My mum said I'm over the biting and peeing my pants thing.

Considering how much care they want to put into the remake, I'd wager more that we'll see this title in 2020. That's just what my gut tells me.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I hope it doesn't take that long. Even with all the usual caveats about not wanting Square to rush it, they should be able to put something out in 2-3 years' time, surely? Especially if they've already been developing it for a year and a half.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
2020 would be way too long. We don't want another Versus XIII situation because by that time they probably might as well port it over to PS5. :wacky:

I'm putting my bets on 2018.

2016=XV
2017=KHIII
2018=FFVII

You heard it here first, folks. :awesomonster:

Lex

Administrator
^That's actually what I'm thinking too. While the 20th anniversary would be nice, it does feel like it would be a tiny bit too soon. Then again, four years of development is actually above average, but we're not talking about just any titles here.

Factors to consider:

- Most titles take between one and three years to develop.
- They may be targeting the 20th anniversary.
- Level of care they're putting into the remake = +time
- The fact that it's Square Enix = +time
- The fact that it's FFVII = +time
- Incorporating "extra" elements = +time
- They don't need to go through a lengthy story development/concept art stage = -time
- "Heavy lifting" being done by NOT Square Enix = -time

If we take the global average of AAA game development as 2-3 years, add a year for each + and subtract one for each -, that leaves us with a development time of 4-5 years, which is what I'd expect. If we assume full development has been ongoing for 18 months as we've been told, the likelihood is some time between December 2017 and January 2019.

I hope you enjoyed my nutty headcanon FFVII dev maths, but that's honestly how I rationalise it in my head :D. To be fair I don't think I'm too far off the mark.

Any later than 2018/ early 2019 is absolutely pushing it re: consoles as Tets said.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
I'm putting all my marbles on Q4 2018 being the release date, with a 4K remaster on PS5/XboxInfinity two years later.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Oh cool so I probably won't need to get a console this gen after all.

Top Bottom