FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lex

Administrator
I don't really know where to post it, but I guess this thread is fine.

Ex-GameTrailers writer and now co-founder of Easy Allies, Ben Moore, said while live streaming there might be "substantial news on the FFVII remake" at #UncoveredFFXV. He says he has a credible source for that.
I have a link for the VoD on Twitch but I'm not yet allowed to post links.

What do you think? Is that realistic? I mean the event should be for hyping XV and not to promote the remake. But who knows? Maybe XV comes with a demo of the remake or something like this.

I made a post containing said video in the FFXV thread, you should go check it out :monster:

Realistic? I'm not sure. I'm excited for the event anyway, any VII news would be an absolute delight. We'll be streaming (writing front page poast now) and given that I was blown away by VII's appearance at PS Experience at December, I wouldn't be completely surprised. But now my hopes are up slightly and I'm worried they'll be dashed.

In December we thought we were getting a brief mention of VII and maybe an official title. We got nearly 3 minutes of brand new actual gameplay footage. I almost died.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Ok, first off the first part of this thread made my day. No one believed.

I would also assume that the ff7r would steal the spot light. The news however is very much welcome if it turns out to be true.

Lex

Administrator
To any fairly new members, this thread is our reaction the original remake announcement. Reading it from start to finish is a total joy and everyone should do it :monster:

EDIT: The fun really begins at page 3, but the first two pages are hilarious. These were our live reactions. Man it still warms my heart <3

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
It's funny because the reactions range from smooth mcgroove Omega's "confirmed" to disillusioned Hito's "i never thought i'd be that excited about a remake but ngl i'm kind of excited now. it's 3am and i'm an adult i don't need this" to hysterical Avec's "WHAT THE FUCKING SHIT I LOVE EVERYTHING IN LIFE OH MY GOOOOOOOSH"

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah it was 2 pages of "BULLSHIT!" and then several of "OMGOMGOMG IT'S HAPPENING!"... good times, good times

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Talcontar and Lex where the ones freaking out the most. They kept double and triple and quadruple posting. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Stop trying to act so cool, Tettybear, you were fangirling old school style :monster:

Incoherent-Fangirling.gif

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'll admit, I've gone back to this thread so many times to read the reactions. :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
Meanwhile, I was busy pacing around my couch :wacky:

Stop trying to act so cool, Tettybear, you were fangirling old school style :monster:

Incoherent-Fangirling.gif

For real, he freaked out as much as we all did during the live stream, Twitch just didn't save the video. I barely remember even who was on that stream but I remember Tets shouting (and other incoherent shouts). We all went nuts (obviously). But Tets registered in my brain because he is a non-reactive human :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I really regret not being on that stream. But I didn't think anything interesting would happen. :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
It was E3 Tenny, something interesting always happens. In 2013 it was Versus becoming XV, Dragon Age: Inquisition and KHIII announcement, in 2014 it was... stuff I don't remember, and 2015 was the motherlode. But there are always reactions, we watch all the conferences. I've even suffered through Microsoft's conferences for the last two <3

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I watched Sony's, though I was not in on the chat. But I didn't even expect to watch it. I used to watch them when I was younger and they usually bored the hell out of me so I stopped. I was annoyed with myself that the remake rumors had gotten me to watch it again, but I'm glad I did.

Lex

Administrator
^boooooo you whore :P

Really though, the press conferences usually bring me some sort of joy even when nothing incredible happens (because I'm always on call with someone while watching, usually Carlie). The exceptions are the EA and Ubisoft conferences, which usually bore me to tears. The Andromeda announcement last year had me freaking out a tiny bit, but I didn't even recognise it as Mass Effect until the sound effects then it was over in like 1 minute and I had to listen about sports for an hour. The EA conference always sucks and so does Ubisoft.

I'm going to say it now, the Playstation conference is almost always the best. I think in recent years - or at least since the PS4 pre-conference in 2013, they've realised that reactions and hype are the number one ways to get people on board with the brand. Microsoft have been trying to do that too since their epic failure in 2013, and their conferences have been quite good. But then PS happens at the end and blows them all out the water every time XD. I always go into it thinking "oh they can't top X or Y, no way" and they always surpass expectations.

Fuck knows what they're going to do this year though.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I was just thinking....if the hype for XV was this craycray, I am not ready for the feels when VII's release date gets announced. :closedmonster:

I'm wondering so hard right now what kinds of collector's bundles will be released for VII. ;____;

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Myself and a lot of others are going to put down soo much money for each collectors edition that comes with that.

Like I'll have 3 or 4 collectors editions just with the FF7R, if it is 3 or 4 parts.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, there was no way I was going to spend $270 on the FFXV thing...but I fear that I might not have nearly the self-control when it comes to FFVII swag.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Myself and a lot of others are going to put down soo much money for each collectors edition that comes with that.

Like I'll have 3 or 4 collectors editions just with the FF7R, if it is 3 or 4 parts.

A normal, collectors and unlimited edition for each part..

Normal probably being just the download from the PSN...

Collectors being hard copy, fancy steelcase (because this is all the rage now), lithographs and/or post cards (just beacause) and maybe disc 1 of the OST with all applicable songs of that section....

Then unlimited edition being all of the above, maybe an actual English translation of one or two of the Case of stories, a Play Arts of someone, and DLC out the wazoo (turn the Buggy into Noctis' Audi :awesome: ... Noctis outfit.. Chibi outfit.. because after all the hullabaloo for a remake you wanna turn Cloud make into that blocky lego he came from :monster: )

Then, by putting together all of these unlimited editions together from each part, you get complete all the Case of translations, a full fancy OST, at least half the party as Play Arts... and a but load of DLC and who knows, maybe translated other bits of compilation (Throw Advent Children on the last piece.. throw Case of Denzel anime in one... Last Order in another.. etc etc.)

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Pleasepleasepleaseplease for the love of Jenova, let there be a bear-in-a-marshmallow Sailor Barret Play Arts Kai, PLEeEEeeEEASE! <3

hian

Purist
I just want the complete game. No collectors editions, no fancy-pants marketing %&#&%$.
Just a pure white case with the FFVIIR logo, like the original game, and all the content inside.
Not buying the episodes one by one, and not buying anything else either for that matter. Greedy %&#& corporate $%$# aren't getting any more of my hard-earned cash for anything other than the game.
I just want the god damn complete game, in a white god damn box.

I want to pick it off a shelf in a store, like I did as child. I don't want it in the god damn post, and I sure as hell don't &$%#% want it digitally.
I'm going to walk into an actually god damn store, reach out and pick out that white god damn box, with the complete god damn game, pay in god damn cash, and WALK home, and play the god damn game, while drinking some god damn tea.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Ignoring my own impulse purchase regarding FFXV, I'd pretty much like the same thing, hian.

However, they start offering Nanaki-related stuff and they can have my first-born.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Hian, I know what you mean. There's a very nostalgic feeling about picking a game off the shelf, trying not to crash on your way home because you can't keep your eyes off the bag in the seat next to you, getting home and tearing off the plastic, SNIFFING THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL, turning on the power and watching the intro, looking up guides on gamefaqs!!!!!!!! ;____;

they start offering Nanaki-related stuff and they can have my first-born.
Basically this. <3

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I would very much like the same thing, but they offer so many extra goodies with the game on the Square Enix store that I just can't help it.

I have absolutely no resolve when it comes to these things. Perhaps because I haven't started seriously collecting things until about 5 years ago. Parents didn't have that much growing up, so all the expensive merch was a no-go.

But now I'm an adult! :reptar:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I just want the complete game. No collectors editions, no fancy-pants marketing %&#&%$.
Just a pure white case with the FFVIIR logo, like the original game, and all the content inside.
Not buying the episodes one by one, and not buying anything else either for that matter. Greedy %&#& corporate $%$# aren't getting any more of my hard-earned cash for anything other than the game.
I just want the god damn complete game, in a white god damn box.

I want to pick it off a shelf in a store, like I did as child. I don't want it in the god damn post, and I sure as hell don't &$%#% want it digitally.
I'm going to walk into an actually god damn store, reach out and pick out that white god damn box, with the complete god damn game, pay in god damn cash, and WALK home, and play the god damn game, while drinking some god damn tea.
For 7.99 you can buy the revive Aerith dlc, which includes 99 tissues and 35, 1/35 soldier models.

Top Bottom