FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Starling

Pro Adventurer
WcPi4ow.gif

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Hey fellows, any news on the remake? I haven't been here since some months and don't feel like going through all of the new threads. Anybody care to give me some info in a nutshell?

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Hey fellows, any news on the remake? I haven't been here since some months and don't feel like going through all of the new threads. Anybody care to give me some info in a nutshell?
In a nutshell? "We're working on it" "Please be excited"

To be fair, Nomura originally said the next news release would be during the winter - I'm not expecting anything significant to pop up before that. Only thing we got was Kitase saying they're trying a bunch a different directions for the combat system, while remaining very vague about it.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Thanks Lex! Is it just me or did Cloud take some strange steroids to have that muscle on the left hand?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
That might be traces of the heavy photoshopping Lex mentioned was needed to get the shading to look normal. If you put in the effort to actually look for the photoshopping, you can see some of it here and there, though it's still a nice image to look at.

Lex

Administrator
The muscles haven't increased or decreased in size but I do think the blurring (that I did in photoshop) gives the illusion that the muscle is bigger. That's precisely at the joining point of where two of the images meet. This is made up of 3 images. The most noticeable points are the background, the sword and particularly his right arm (which is just un-fixable because of the way he's moving forward in the video). Really it was a fucked up mess because I rushed it due to wanting a new avatar :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Quick question; has anyone so far gauged the opinions of those who never believed there would ever be a remake? Not in 'I told you so' way, but just asking? What do they think?

When I tried to ask this question before in other FF communities it just sort of gets swept under the rug.

Lex

Administrator
I didn't believe there would ever be a remake tbh. But you all know my reactions and opinions on it by now :monster:

I didn't believe there would ever be a remake tbh.
Same. Honestly I still have difficulty believing that this is an actual project that Square is actually betting on that it could be completed. I fear that the game will take longer to make than they expect and that its release will be postponed for anything from 1-3 years. =/

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I believed it would not happen, which was one of my main motivations for leading the Team Avalanche project. While doing it, however, I thought: "If what we do contributes to 1/1000 of the reasons for Square to do a remake, our job is done" (I don't even think we had that much contribution tbh, given that we didn't manage to make it very far), so I was not discarding the possibility entirely.
I think the most visionary post I've read was from the ff7.fr community (http://ff7.fr/forum/index.php?page=post&ids=324580): basically some random guy posted on January 2014 something like "I bet you that Square's announcement of the FF7 port to the ps4 [there was no official "remake" at the time] is a smoke screen for the remake announcement".

Lex

Administrator
^There were a few posts to that effect even here tbh, in the thread for the PS4 re-release announcement last December.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I was on the fence about it ever being remade. I felt like there was a possibility they might do it after the way they seemed to be slowly coming around to the idea (first making comments about how it would never happen, then that they'd love to remake it someday but didn't have plans currently, ect).
However, because it was taking so long, just early this year I was mentioning to my cousin that I was seriously wondering if I just had false hope for a remake and that they just would eventually never get around to it.
Glad my hopes were finally fulfilled. :D

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I never completely dismissed the idea of a remake, but I always thought it would only come about as a last ditch effort to keep people invested in the company and the series. It's been no secret that some of the newer games SE has pumped out over the years have come under very close scrutiny from fans who feel that FF series isn't what it used to be.

But come June 15th, 2015, I had never been so glad to be wrong in my entire life.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I strongly felt and believed that the Remake would never happen as it would take ages to do and despite the new techology it wouldn't come to fruition. I had believed (and painfully hoped) that either a remake of Before Crisis-Final Fantasy VII or one last title of the Compilation of FFVII would be made, and thought that my heart was agreeing with me.

But it turns out that my heart has been telling me the opposite-My negativity weirdly proved that the remake of the original game would actually come true. But then again, now at least I know that the Compilation will never be finished and the remake of Before Crisis will never happen at all, which I'm very disappointed about.

I mean, with FFVII making several appearences last year and in 2013 in forms of many games if you look back, you'd think that it was leading us somewhere with the FFVII franchise.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
The muscles haven't increased or decreased in size but I do think the blurring (that I did in photoshop) gives the illusion that the muscle is bigger. That's precisely at the joining point of where two of the images meet. This is made up of 3 images. The most noticeable points are the background, the sword and particularly his right arm (which is just un-fixable because of the way he's moving forward in the video). Really it was a fucked up mess because I rushed it due to wanting a new avatar :monster:

It's a fine job, really.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Quick question; has anyone so far gauged the opinions of those who never believed there would ever be a remake? Not in 'I told you so' way, but just asking? What do they think?

When I tried to ask this question before in other FF communities it just sort of gets swept under the rug.

Oh this is interesting! I still remember my case very clearly. I had just come home in the evening, logged in to the lifestream.net to see if there is anything interesting going on, just to see once again some rumours about FF7 remake. I initially joined this forum solely for the purpose of keeping myself informed about the remake - but with the years passing by I became frustrated, angry even (I have like three warnings from Ctulhu not to harass other members :monster:), and didn't believe anymore it to actually happen. I was not disappointed by the lifestream.net community and felt some sort of a connection, so I decided to stick around a bit longer than I had originally planned. To cut to the cheese, I think it was this very thread where I posted something just the night before the Square dropped the bomb.

-going through the posts- . Oh yeah, there it is on the second page.

Oh it's this time of the year again? What would go better with fresh strawberries than some of FF7 remake rumours? :monster:

some of the comments though are torturing to read.

Koolz • an hour ago
Square Enix will announce later today that Final Fantasy VII is getting
the remake fans have been begging for, GamesBeat has learned from our
own sources. The new version of the classic role-playing game will be
revealed at Sony’s pre-E3 press briefing. We’ll add more details once we
know more — including the developer, though we hear it’s a studio with a
long history of making RPGs

Siliconera was one of the first though to spill it. It's Buzzing the whole net.
Wait for Square Enix's E3 Presentation

I'm getting too old for this shit. This year I'm just gonna enjoy other people's tears :pooh:

So yeah as you can see from the edginess of that post, I had no expectations for the rumours to be true, especially since we all were fucked into our asses one time too many. Nevertheless I decided to log in here the day after in order to confirm my belief. What happened the day after would shake my world and still fills me with joy and anticipation. I've never been happier to be wrong, as it might've been the best day of my life.

Last edited:

Ghost X

I don't recall whether I believed it would happen or not, or simply didn't care. It is entirely possible I held all three positions. I'm now intrigued as to what they'll do with it, now that it is happening.

hian

Purist
I had good reasons to think it was going to happen, but with structural issues within the company, I didn't see Kitase, Nomura, and Nojima all having their schedules line up in the foreseeable future prior to the announcement and so I had pretty much just forgotten about it.

I got to see the announcement live, but I tuned in entirely at random not really expecting anything of note to happen. Just doing house-work and saw the live-stream being advertized in one of my feed and went "well, might as well have something running in the back-ground", and then I saw the life-stream render in the back-ground.

My first though was "Not the god damn PS4 port again - I mean who cares?", then I heard the direction the speech was going in, and saw the first pictures which triggered all sorts of emotions, but I bottled them up expecting to see some Advent Children-esque compilation bullshit at the end - so when I was finally greeted by the word "Remake" I complete lost it for a few minutes.

Great reveal. Not really all that psyched about the remake now after having done a thorough analysis of the footage, talked to my contact, and read the interviews - but who knows? I'll probably still be one of the first to play it, and I'll probably play it the entire way through even if they turn it into an on-rails action-RPG set in post AC Midgar, using flash-backs as the primary method for introducing what amounts to only limited portions of the original story, with most of the content removed - and that is saying something.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah, no.

They just putting out the port. Highly doubt a remake is going to be in the pipeline so soon after.

It's not E3 without fake rumors about FF7 :monster:

I don't believe it even a little bit. With FFXV probably coming out soon, there's no way they would already be abandoning it as a possible franchise to milk like FFXIII before falling back on FFVII.

Both FFVII remake and The Last Guardian are real you say?

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

I love it when a rumor is like "No this time it's real guys trust me I got info on the inside" because it happens pretty much every other time someone gossips about it. It makes me laugh even harder when it's just a port.

lol, the rumor that keeps on giving.

If they ever did do a remake, what would video game rumor sites do with themselves every E3?

It would so so funny if this was true. All those years of trolling it, and finally doing it but with a twisted catch...

It brings a happy tear to my eye that the tradition of FFVII remake rumours is being upheld.

It would so so funny if this was true. All those years of trolling it, and finally doing it but with a twisted catch...
What's the twisted catch? iOS exclusive?

I decided to quote the most hilarious posts from the beginning of this thread because I find it amusing :monster:

Top Bottom