FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
We may have to consider the possibility that Square isn't as clueless as we've come to believe, and are in fact just the biggest trolls.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I have to wait until they announce further, they could pull a Konami on us and fuck it up big time. God forbid this happens cos they're making a resurgence after these announcements.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I just think it's shitty to show us that trailer then say "Wait until winter for details".

We'll probably have to wait until November to find anything out now. It'll likely be shown with KHIII again.

Actually a lot of what they've shown tonight said the same thing...

I just think it's shitty to show us that trailer then say "Wait until winter for details".
Shitty, true, but at least this way Square is resuming their typical shindigs. :monster: Now that they have pleased the fans with an FFVII remake announcement they have earned the right to treat us like shit for a loooong time XD

jk jk

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
I have to wait until they announce further, they could pull a Konami on us and fuck it up big time. God forbid this happens cos they're making a resurgence after these announcements.

They're in way too deep now. If they troll until this point, they've completely fucked themselves any chance of going back anymore. Unless the remake really means... UPSCALED ORIGINAL GRAPHICS :tauntingshinji:

Kittie

General Eccentric
AKA
The Iron Witch
I'm sad to say that it's been a while since I've been on the forums, been very busy with family and life in general, but I must confess that I am pleasantly surprised by the news of a remake. Finally. I daresay that, upon waking up and learning of the news from my phone, my first words were, and I quote: "Holy shit!" I daresay I startled my husband with my exclamation, especially since he bolted out of the bathroom to see what was wrong. Of course, as we were watching the E3 trailer together, we saw everything and were both stunned. As he and I were literally brought together by our shared love of Final Fantasy and other video games, it was an important moment for the both of us. And of course, I had to enquire of him one, single question.

Me: Aren't you excited??? :excited:
Him: This is my excited face. >_>
Me: :sigh:

Yeah, I doubt I'm going to forget how I learned/felt about a remake. I've been into FFVII for fifteen years, and it honestly feels very surreal to me that a remake is finally happening now. I mean, I just can't believe it; I'm both excited and nervous by turns, and although I know that some aspects of the story might be altered/removed altogether, I do hope the remake keeps a few things:

1.) The colorful backgrounds, particularly in Midgar's slums. I sincerely hope that Square-Enix refrains from making the remake into a dull monochromatic monstrosity as seen in Edge. Bring on the bright neons and engaging color scheme that made the original game so great!

2.) Mukki. The man cannot be omitted from the importance of his role. It is necessary, nay imperative, that Mukki make an appearance.

3.) The Midgar Zolom. That image of an impaled Midgar Zolom still intrigues and disturbs me to this day. I once had it as my computer desktop wallpaper.

4.) Kefka's laugh in the Gold Saucer's Ghost Hotel. It has to be there. It just has to.

5.) Shera's features in HD. I have long wanted to see a well-defined Shera in full CGI glory.

6.) Cloud. Barret. DATE. Awkard!bromance at its finest.

And last, but certainly far from least:

7.) Rufus ShinRa: sexy, badass, and as awesome as ever, plus Dark Nation. ^_^

That is a small list of story aspects I wish to see. I'm not for sure if I'll see everything I want, just as my husband and I will have invest in a PS4, solely for the game. Either way, though, it's going to be quite an adventure with the return of so many well beloved characters!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Jesus christ you guys exploded last night, :monster:. I'm going to remain professionally skeptical and emotionally balanced and shit.

We don't actually have much to go on ATM - one trailer and some bits of information. So, questions; UE 4 is confirmed, but who's developing it? I read an external company? That'll end in tears, I just know it.

I'm also curious about what their approach will be in terms of gameplay; will it be isometric like the last game, 3rd person like XII / XIII, or something new / hybrid? Will it have all fully-rendered CGI cutscenes like the original, or a hybrid with in-game cutscenes like XIII? Actually that's quite likely to happen; they can't really justify the cost and difference in quality between real-time / in-game rendered cutscenes and pre-rendered CGI anymore. I haven't seen a game with more than two pre-rendered scenes in forever (an intro / trailer and maybe an ending). Which is sad, they were kinda the reward you got for progressing in the older FF games.

Rambling now, :monster:. TL;DR: This'll all end in tears, I just know it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Jesus christ you guys exploded last night, :monster:. I'm going to remain professionally skeptical and emotionally balanced and shit.

We don't actually have much to go on ATM - one trailer and some bits of information. So, questions; UE 4 is confirmed, but who's developing it? I read an external company? That'll end in tears, I just know it.

I'm also curious about what their approach will be in terms of gameplay; will it be isometric like the last game, 3rd person like XII / XIII, or something new / hybrid? Will it have all fully-rendered CGI cutscenes like the original, or a hybrid with in-game cutscenes like XIII? Actually that's quite likely to happen; they can't really justify the cost and difference in quality between real-time / in-game rendered cutscenes and pre-rendered CGI anymore. I haven't seen a game with more than two pre-rendered scenes in forever (an intro / trailer and maybe an ending). Which is sad, they were kinda the reward you got for progressing in the older FF games.

Rambling now, :monster:. TL;DR: This'll all end in tears, I just know it.
get excited right fucking now this second or jesus help you

ForceStealer

Double Growth

CyberConnect2, they're working with. Their biggest thing appears to be the .hack series. And the Naruto games. Related to VII they do the G Bike cell phone game.

But I think they're just doing the heavy programming lifting and stuff. Square is still pretty much running the show.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Just for a one brief moment the world was a beautiful place and perfectly in balance :closedmonster:

Though I'll soon enough follow your footsteps Cthulhu, today I will allow myself to enjoy the news.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
This whole "Edge" thing is not unprecedented. It is difficult to make out, but in the second screen of the original game you can read out "North Edge Station".

sZGQvus.png

Difficulty seeing it?

J6Mc7zd.png

Meaning that parts of Midgar already had "Edge" in its naming tradition. There is North Edge (Station) and South Edge (as seen in the trailer).

Well, I guess I stand corrected. With the voiceover talking about the past and me only connecting Edge with post FF7 content, I just assumed we were seeing post FF7 life.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
We may have to consider the possibility that Square isn't as clueless as we've come to believe, and are in fact just the biggest trolls.

I wouldn't put it past them, especially given how much Hideo Kojima dominates previous E3 expos. They did their homework.

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
AAAAAAAAAAH!! I know I arrive a bit late to the party but I want to share my excitement too! I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT ;_;

I read some news about a remake but didn't believe it, thinking it was just a rumour, as always... I went to sleep and when I wake up I get text messages from friends telling me a remake is happening! Then I watch the trailer... OMG I spent AN HOUR laughing, squeeing and crying! Even while I was driving listening to music from the Compilation... I've been all day with a stupid smile on my face, knowing that only you, people from TLS, would understand my excitement and happiness...

OMG I knew one day it would come! I knew it!!!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
After some consideration, I've whittled down my wants and wildest dreams to come up with a single wish.

Please have an option to turn the voice acting off.

Lex

Administrator
This whole "Edge" thing is not unprecedented. It is difficult to make out, but in the second screen of the original game you can read out "North Edge Station".

sZGQvus.png

Difficulty seeing it?

J6Mc7zd.png

Meaning that parts of Midgar already had "Edge" in its naming tradition. There is North Edge (Station) and South Edge (as seen in the trailer).

Somewhere out there I have a version of this background where the text it clearly visible, I'll try to find it. I can't remember if it was a fractal upscale I did back when I was working on the field backgrounds for Qhimm or if it was on the International Disc 4 extra content.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
E3 Trailer views on Playstation's youtube account

4.1M - Final Fantasy 7 Remake
1.2M - The Last Guardian
1.0M - Uncharted 4
0.9M - Arkham Knight
0.8M - Horizon Zero Dawn
0.7M - Star Wars Battlefront

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It's on now. They spent a couple of minutes talking about FFVII before getting on to KH. Nomura thanked fans for their reaction and said he's relieved that they were able to make the announcement (suggesting, again, that it's been in the works for some time already).

Lex

Administrator
He opened with a mention of how the response to the trailer has been overwhelming and he's spoken to Nojima etc. about how the trailer was received. They've moved on to Kingdom Hearts now XD.

Top Bottom