FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
You know I just realised something, now FF7 itself will have the best graphics in the compilation instead of the worst.

i remember when i was playing ffvii one time my dad walked into my room and dead up asked me why i was playing a game that looked worse than crash bandicoot

Kashkabald

eu fiz cocó no teu tabuleiro
Right now I'm gonna get FFVII on Steam and learning how to speedrun it, once and for all. Been meaning to for ages...

Ghost X

Haven't kept track of this thread's 32 pages, so hopefully this hasn't been said already, but I like the whole idea of this being 18 years in the making, so to speak. It'll introduce a new generation to the game, and perhaps some non-believers of the first (I know someone who wouldn't play it because of the blocky graphics, for instance).

If it is a good quality game, along with other SE productions coming up (FFXV, etc), it'd be nice to have another so-called Golden Era. Is that too much to ask for? :P. Epic game after epic game. I'm just jinxing the hell out of everything now :awesome:. To jump ahead even further, if it is a success, does it also mean we get an end of compilation title to tie the loose ends, or shall I continue to treat it like I do the hobbit trilogy (you know, the two-part tragedy. The third movie doesn't exist :P).

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
i remember when i was playing ffvii one time my dad walked into my room and dead up asked me why i was playing a game that looked worse than crash bandicoot

5 star post nigga! Oh boy this reminded me...

I was probably around 8 or 9 years old when I went to visit my best friend's home. That was pretty much my daily routine, because I was the kid who usually had the oldest console in my neighbourhood and my friend just happened to have always the latest, hottest shit - at least that's how it felt back then. We'd usually play around with his PC some small hot seat games, expect this special day we got to go his big brother's room. What I saw then wouldn't leave me for the next 16 years and I guess it's never going to. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. On the television screen I saw this really cool looking angel fighting against three dudes with some big-ass weapons. Some kind of sorcery was also involved, because the guy was able to destroy planets with his magic. The blue command screen looked fucking strange but never mind that shit, I was more interested in how those guys were able to fight with this maniac. My pulse was getting faster by the second and my hand's started to sweat. THE FUCK does that guy have a rocket stuck to his hand or what (Barret's Catastrophe) ? It's like megaman but hundred times cooler. On the background there was playing some epic orchestral music.

So yeah, I went home that evening completely convinced that I could talk my parents into buying me a playstation one. No more super-fucking-mario for this kid, that's for pussies! After a speech that would make Martin Luther King turn in his grave from jealousy, I was just hoping for the best. This was it, the moment of truth!

Turns out they didn't understand me at all, as I got my PS1 after crying for it every day for a good half of a year :monster: . I also specifically asked for final fantasy 7. When I finally got my playstation as a christmas present with ONE GAME, my dick was so hard I could've poked my eyes out with it. I hungrily ravished the wrappings from the package just to be utterly confused. Guess what was inside? Crash fucking Bandicoot.

It took me two full years to finally get my copy of FF7 from Spain during a family vacation, but that's an another story for another time... :monster:

Edit: I'm sorry mama and papa, you know I love you

NeedAPotion

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Although not sure how they're doing the game in 2 years when after 9 we only have a demo for 15.

Is it possible they have been working on this project since the release of that PS3 tech demo or is that just wishful thinking from me:P

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think it's wishful thinking. Official sources are saying this has been in development for about eighteen months.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Then we're getting disk 1 of 3 in 2017 or its gonna be the most beautiful corridor we've ever seen.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Although not sure how they're doing the game in 2 years when after 9 we only have a demo for 15.

Well, XV wasn't in full development for most of the time. It was very on and off but mostly off and extremely little got done until around 2012.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Rumour is they're shooting for a 2017 release date, so hopefully not too long.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Then we're getting disk 1 of 3 in 2017 or its gonna be the most beautiful corridor we've ever seen.

And release disks 2 and 3 as optional DLC episodic content over the span of a decade? I... would not be surprised :monster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I've never been a fan of how DLC works and I probably never will. It makes me feel cheated out of game content most of the time.

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
I honestly don't care. The fact that it's actually happening after all these years is enough for me. It's a shame I'm going to have to google search "final fantasy 7 news" every day until winter but I'll live. Until then I'm going to give thanks to the guy who found all seven dragonballs in order to make this come true.

josh007cl

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I honestly don't care. The fact that it's actually happening after all these years is enough for me. It's a shame I'm going to have to google search "final fantasy 7 news" every day until winter but I'll live. Until then I'm going to give thanks to the guy who found all seven dragonballs in order to make this come true.

I agree. The fact that we're getting remake is amazing. And I feel this is a better time than back on the PS3 because they have even better capabilities now. And now that it's announced you have a ton of people complaining they are going to screw it up.

I'm pretty open to what they are going to do to it. Especially with Nomura directing I doubt they will ruin it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The fact that they're working on this with Cyberconnect 2, gives me all the confidence in the world 'cause those guys KICK ASS and can hit a deadline. When it comes to capturing cinematic moments in Gameplay, their Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm games are spectacular as well as the fact that Asura's Wrath was unquestionably my favourite cinematic gaming experience of.... ever.

Speaking of which - I'm wondering if the G-Bike game will be in Gold Saucer as is.

X :neo:

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Still waiting for it to get released on my phone. Not sure if I want the arcade games to remain retro or not. Get the actual bike chace in full ps4 splendour but leave the arcade game.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The top technology story on the BBC website right now is Millions flock to Final Fantasy remake.

I know it's big news and that it's been extensively covered on gaming websites but it always surprised me a little to see it in the mainstream media. I'm taking a screenshot for posterity.
i saw it on bbc 3's little '60 second news' bit, although they just said 'final fantasy remake' and as nerd garbage this is offensive to me

and now i might just go play crash bandicoot just to spite zee' dad who i have never met and who doesn't know me at all

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade

Disc 1 only felt like a "Corridor" up until you left Midgar... then a bunch of stuff opened up.

Lex

Administrator
^No, it didn't really. That's the thing I realised after taking a harsh criticism approach to the series years ago. The only thing FF games with a world map bring are the illusion of choice. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, for sure I prefer it with the world map and stuff, but really the only FF game that has had any kind of real, tangible exploration is FFXII when you really examine it.

At the end of the day, you have to move from point A to point B and there's not much in between but walking and battles. That's just the way FF games are. Really the only difference is the idea that you don't really know where you're going, but it's an illusion when you consider there's really only one way to go until very late game.

Lex

Administrator
Oh, YouTube views are up to 6,486,191. I tried refreshing the page a couple of times to watch the counter go up, but it's been frozen there for about an hour. I think it's YouTube's "quality view verification" thing kicking in. No doubt it'll jump up by another hundred thousand or so shortly.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
There was quite a lot of freedom to travel through the gates on the Mist Continent on Final Fantasy IX. Admittedly it was (mostly) going back to places you'd been before, like Dali for the coffee sidequest, but still, I enjoyed it. Even VII had more completely optional places in it than, say, X (pre-airship). XII was overwhelmingly the best for it though, as you said.

P.S. 10 million views hype!

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
Disc 1 only felt like a "Corridor" up until you left Midgar... then a bunch of stuff opened up.

i was referring more to ff13. Beautiful looking but you just held the forward button and mashed x. My point being if they manage to get this game out for 2017 with the scale that I'm imagining it to be they have either been working on it for a very long time or it will be like 13.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
if you look at the world map, it's basically a lot of empty space with a few points of interest scattered around (usually leading you to the specific one you need to go to next). i would rather see them make it like ffxii.

also hd remaster ffxii you cheeky bastards

Top Bottom