• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'm assuming this to just be a manufactured lie from somewhere, but some people claim that the official FFVII Remake site will sometimes freeze on a Loading screen.

This screen doesn't appear for me, no matter if I visit the site on my PC or on mobile.

Not a manufactured lie. Some people just got a little excited because the Japanese remake site loads oddly on mobile at times. One of the people to point this out the same person that rang the alarm about the code changes, which has been shown to have valid potential. They're just a bit over enthusiastic on the reddit I mod for.

Luneyes

Rookie Adventurer
The Japanese website is like that since launch, this is not new. ;)

Mobiles browsers can't load the video properly because https://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffvii_remake/ redirects to https://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffvii_remake/sp/ were the video is glitched (or not coded yet).
You can actually see this "glitch" on PC browsers too, just click on the second link or switch your viewport into mobile view (F12 on Chrome then click the second icon on the top left).

People have been suspicious about anything on the remake websites since the new script added on the international website a few days ago... and the probably lack of news too.

Luneyes

Rookie Adventurer
I found the source of the glitch.
On the desktop version, they load a script called "PCModule.js", on mobile they load a script called "spModule.js". They both are similar but they removed a function on the sp version... Guess which one is it? The video playback one. :P
Which means the loaded script can't play the video, hence why it is stuck at "Loading..."!

Like I said previously, it was badly coded. The person coding the mobile version may be unexperienced in code, a lot of conventions are not respected.

Here is attached the JS script compared between each versions.

Attachments

• JS.png
    JS.png
    323.3 KB · Views: 4

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
Now this isn’t something I’ve seen myself, currently on mobile without access to a desktop PC right now, so can’t check.

Does anyone also finding it interesting that the Japanese site has both E3 announcement trailer and PSX Gameplay Trailer, whereas the English site only includes the PSX announcement? Or is that just one of those things?

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Not really. That probably means nothing at all! Maybe Japanese are more likely to check out the official sites, whereas westerners do everything via youtube and social media. Something like that.
Or maybe the sites were just made by different people and they had very little coordination from the top.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
This is why we need news. We jump at the subtle things. I need something and I hate how they make it seems it is coming soon. This is the worst troll ever.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
E3 is in less than 2 months. I don't understand why that investors briefing said "In the run-up to E3" and yet we're not hearing anything. If they're gonna wait much longer, why not just wait til E3?

I assumed we would start hearing things very soon after Episode Ardyn was done with, which is NOW.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
E3 is in less than 2 months. I don't understand why that investors briefing said "In the run-up to E3" and yet we're not hearing anything. If they're gonna wait much longer, why not just wait til E3?

I assumed we would start hearing things very soon after Episode Ardyn was done with, which is NOW.

Two months is still two months.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yes but if they're doing one of those big reveal events like they did for XV, we usually hear about it in advance. So that would need to happen like right now, or they might as well just wait til E3.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Yes but if they're doing one of those big reveal events like they did for XV, we usually hear about it in advance. So that would need to happen like right now, or they might as well just wait til E3.

I very much doubt they'll do anything more than a simple stream. An XV Unveiled type show is best for the final lap. If it's due out this holiday, they'd be doing a show like that around september or october.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
"FF XV Uncovered" was in March 2016. The game released in November 2016.

That did include an unintended delay of 2 months, but it's still a fairly big gap. They like to build anticipation over quite a few months.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well hopefully S-E has learned something from the hellscape that was the development and promotional schedule of FFXIII VS/FFXV.

They absolutely should not reveal anything unless it's substantial and they have a reasonable schedule of release.

It appears Square finally learned their lesson with this. At least I hope so. All a preemptive announcement does is diminish hype over time and foolishly heighten expectations to the point fans project more than is even there and when the final product releases, there's confusion and disappointment.

The saga of XV's development and debut back in 2007 is proof enough of that. I seriously would hate FFVII's remake to be anything close to the level of confusion, changes and heightened expectations that then come crashing down so hard that what is finally released never can live up to what was built up or advertised.

Square needs to seriously watch themselves and avoid the urge to leak shit that's really nothing at all. Sometimes silence is golden.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah but that's extremely unlikely. The FFVII Remake being done this December? That would be uncharacteristically timely for Square, not to mention for them to be this hush about it this long?

Nah. Maybe Spring of 2020, but I seriously doubt they would have that much done of the game. Square just got done with KH3 which utilized a large percent of their developmental resources and staff. They may have some small build for the game and a rough skeleton of the combat system developed but I think the lion's share of development has yet to be completed.

It was only about a year ago they had to sack the outside development team that was working on the remake and decide to go in-house for it. Between that, FFXV, KH3, and other projects? They'd have to be on a totally different level to get that much done to meet a holiday 2019 release schedule. That would mean they were wrapping up a lot of development and shit right now. I just can't believe that.

EDIT: And let's not forget that the PS5 is coming, a lot sooner than we may think. Do not put it above Square to change their mind and make the FFVII Remake a PS5 title. Anyone remember the big bold letters at the end of the Versus XIII trailers that said "COMING TO EXCLUSIVELY TO PS3?" Yeah. PS5 release is a real possibility.

Last edited:

KiwiPizza

Pro Adventurer
They moved development in-house in 2017, two years ago not last year. Considering they had two different development teams working on KH3 and the Remake, and we heard of no crossover and moving people to KH3 - I don’t think this is an issue in regards to allocation of resources.

We have no idea of the impact of the move in-house but it’s likely they’ve got far more than a small build of the game done at this moment.

They were further along on things such as cutscenes a couple of years ago in comparison to KH3. With KH3 finished you can probably safely say the cutscenes are probably done now., The main scenario for the first part is finished and the voice acting has been recorded for the main scenario too.

At least for Part 1 anyway which is indicated to release between now and this time next year. I’d imagine if the voice acting was done they would have segments of the later parts recorded too, for this parts of the game that are being kept from the original.

It’s further along in development than most people think. I also can’t imagine 1.5 to 2.5 year delay to the game either.

Between that, FFXV, KH3, and other projects? They'd have to be on a totally different level to get that much done to meet a holiday 2019 release schedule. That would mean they were wrapping up a lot of development and shit right now. I just can't believe that.

Not massively hard to imagine when each has a dedicated team developing the games with 0 indication of issues causing staff to be taken away from one team to another

BD1 working on 7 Remake, BD2 and Luminous Studio working on XV and its DLC (DLC which wouldn’t require as large a team), BD3 on KH3, the other divisions working on Mobile games, Crystal Dynamics, which is a western studio, working on the Avengers Project

@Gary Caelum still find it odd they don’t just have the same page for both audiences but what do I know, I’m not the person in charge of that stuff

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
They moved development in-house in 2017, two years ago not last year. Considering they had two different development teams working on KH3 and the Remake, and we heard of no crossover and moving people to KH3 - I don’t think this is an issue in regards to allocation of resources.

We have no idea of the impact of the move in-house but it’s likely they’ve got far more than a small build of the game done at this moment.

Ahh, my mistake. If they really have been able to get things done since then and not have any development hiccups I suppose it is conceivable....

It'd just be extremely surprising and unlike their previous developments.

They were further along on things such as cutscenes a couple of years ago in comparison to KH3. With KH3 finished you can probably safely say the cutscenes are probably done now., The main scenario for the first part is finished and the voice acting has been recorded for the main scenario too.

Really? You're sure about that? That's an extremely heavy claim and if they were that far along without spilling it.. That's like an entirely new paradigm for Square Enix right there, lol.

It’s further along in development than most people think. I also can’t imagine 1.5 to 2.5 year delay to the game either.

To be fair, I wasn't thinking a year and half to two years and half. I was thinking a year. But hey, if it's any sooner, that's even better.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Yeah but that's extremely unlikely. The FFVII Remake being done this December? That would be uncharacteristically timely for Square, not to mention for them to be this hush about it this long?

Nah. Maybe Spring of 2020, but I seriously doubt they would have that much done of the game. Square just got done with KH3 which utilized a large percent of their developmental resources and staff. They may have some small build for the game and a rough skeleton of the combat system developed but I think the lion's share of development has yet to be completed.

It was only about a year ago they had to sack the outside development team that was working on the remake and decide to go in-house for it. Between that, FFXV, KH3, and other projects? They'd have to be on a totally different level to get that much done to meet a holiday 2019 release schedule. That would mean they were wrapping up a lot of development and shit right now. I just can't believe that.

Yeah I disagree with a lot of this.

1. "Uncharacteristically timely"? It will have been in development for 5 years, and it's only the first chapter of 3 (probably 3, although they've never explicitly confirmed it's a 3 parter)

2. As I understand it, KH3 was developed by business division 3, which is set in Osaka, and FF7 is developed by business division 1 which is in Tokyo, so those 2 things are completely independent from one another. Square Enix employs over 4000 people, whereas these AAA games only have a few hundred each, so I don't think they're lacking resources for FF7 and as far as we know FF7 has had a full division working on it since early 2014, after they finished the FFX/X-2 remaster, which was the previous thing business division 1 did (don't take my word for this, but this is what seems to be true based on what I've read).

3. We never knew how much of the work was being outsourced to Cyberconnect-2. It definitely wasn't the whole game, which some media sites falsely claimed. We have clear interviews throughout that time of people in business division 1 talking about working on the game. So it was only some of the work being outsourced, we don't know how much.
Also, the claim that all of Cyberconnect's work was thrown away came from just 1 unofficial source, and wasn't confirmed by Square-enix. So may not be true. The gameplay we saw in 2015 certainly seemed high enough quality and there were quotes from Nomura at one point saying he just didn't like the style Cyberconnect tended to go for (which counters the idea that all of their work was just unusable.

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
The “various announcements in the lead up to E3” wasn’t explicitly referencing 7:R though. It’s still indeterminate what they’re alluding to there. Now on top of other things there’s some reason or other to believe it may be what we want it to be, obviously. But I’d still temper expectations somewhat, as we’ve all been here before, and the fall will be the most crushing of all if things don’t transpire as we hope.

Last edited:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
True, but they did say we were getting FF7R reveals and announcements this year, so it seems a very likely contender.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
True, but they did say we were getting FF7R reveals and announcements this year, so it seems a very likely contender.
They didn’t explicitly though, Kitase and Nomura spoke cryptically about “7” and “long-awaited” last November (I believe?), but no more than that. It’s these comments amalgamated with the expected spike in revenue and the “lead up to E3” thing which has whipped many into a frenzy of expecting something this year and/or before June. I do happen to believe it’s possible, but I’m remaining sober is all.

Last edited:

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
They didn’t explicitly though, Kitase and Nomura spoke cryptically about “7” and “long-awaited” last November (I believe?), but no more than that. It’s these comments amalgamated with the expected spike in revenue and the “lead up to E3” thing which has whipped many into a frenzy of expected something this year, or before June. I do happen to believe it’s possible, but I’m remaining sober is all.

The question they were responding to when he said this was specifically "What are you looking forward to in 2019?" (depending on the translation)

Top Bottom