• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So maybe they really would have changed their mind about FF7 now?

Unfortunately I believe it's the reverse. After looking at the original interviews in the wake of the Remake's announcement, and the exclusivity announcement for it on the PS4, there was this underlining notion that they really wanted to help support the console and make it shift, especially in Japan where mobile and handheld gaming is more prevalent. There has been a ton of speculation over the past few years whether the PS4 and Xbox would be the last actual 'consoles' as we knew them, before moving on to this all-online, download only concept that has begun to rear it's head over and over again. With the PS5 on the horizon, nothing about this will have changed, they will want to support this traditional concept of a console as much as possible, and multi installments of the Remake would allow them to do that.

There's also the increase in development time for projects on such a scale, and with their vision of expanding the original game, it all just points to it seeming highly unlikely that we'll get it all within one installment.*

* Baring the final Ultimate GOTY Edition, which probably still won't contain all the DLCs lol.

Lex

Administrator
Sooooo I booked the 10th and 11th off work so I can continue the tradition of hosting the TLS E3 livestream. Please look forward to it :P

I did consider skipping it this year with the various cancelled conferences but given the concert and SE conference it should make for some interesting discussion whether there's a new trailer or not.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Hoping I don't have to start work till june 15th. The days off I'm asking for are sunday and monday. But if E3 has VII-R news, I will be up all damned night screaming my head off...Not to mention managing the likely flood on the reddit.

Lex

Administrator
I wouldn't sweat it Chip, we'll likely go in with a pre-defined group of folk this year to keep the minor frustrations down to a minimum and we're never short on commentators when it comes to the E3 stream - worst comes to the worst and you can't make it it's no biggie, career comes first! Gotta make that money to buy the remake and all that :3

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I wouldn't sweat it Chip, we'll likely go in with a pre-defined group of folk this year to keep the minor frustrations down to a minimum and we're never short on commentators when it comes to the E3 stream - worst comes to the worst and you can't make it it's no biggie, career comes first! Gotta make that money to buy the remake and all that :3

Oh I can make it. I usually end up working a morning or early afternoon shift, and it's going to be 9 PM IIRC. I've NEVER worked that late. The problem is not getting a wink of sleep and being a zombie the next day if I have work.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
7c6.gif

Unpopular opinion so I'll leave it here. I love it, but I also hate it. When they were pixellated people they could look like anything in your own imagination. Jessie's face is disappointingly bland, and from now on, that's what she actually looks like. Thank god they didn't blandify Barret. Of course Aerith is beautiful, was she ever going to be anything else?

Top Bottom