FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Some numbers from E3 2019 and the Remake (numbers are rounded down):

Most View Game (This is based on youtube videos views for games shown at E3 2019. Includes promoted/ad views. ):
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 (27.4M)
  2. Marvel's Avengers (20.5M)
  3. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (12.1M)
  4. Halo Infinite (7M)
  5. FIFA 20 (6.9M)
  6. Super Smash Bros Ultimate (6.3M)
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wilds Sequel (6.2M)
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake (6.1M)
  9. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (3.8M)
  10. Minecraft Dungeons (3.6M)
Most View Individual Trailers/Videos at E3 2019
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 - official E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer (19.1M)
  2. Marvel's Avengers: A-Day | Official Trailer E3 2019 (16.5M)
  3. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Gameplay Demo - EA Play 2019 (8.5M)
  4. Halo Infinite - E3 2019 - Discover Hope (7M)
  5. Sequel to Breath of The Wild - First Look Trailer (6.2M)
  6. FIFA 20 | Official Reveal Trailer ft. VOLTA Football (5.6M)
  7. Nintendo Direct for E3 2019 (4.1M)
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer for E3 2019 (Closed Captions) (4.04M)
  9. Marvel's Avengers Full World Premiere Presentation | Square Enix E3 2019 (4.03M)
  10. Keanu Reeves Reveals Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date at E3 2019 (3.87M)

I am skeptical but somebody is claiming that you can see Jessie during the fight against the Scorpion Sentinel.

I'm frustrated that I can't find the same high-quality version of this screen that this twitter account apparently has. The moment is from 4:34 in Gamespot's upload and both Famitsu's and Dengeki's uploads of the battle omit this particular segment.

Either way I think that while it is possible we are seeing Jessie up on that platform, the silhouette is too dark to be sure.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
As someone who has always been facinated by Mako Reactor architecture, I have to admit I was more interested in the overall layout of the core with only a "Oh cool, thats where Jessie is" briefly....
Cherenkov radiation FTW!
Anyway, I personally had a very odd pet peeve regarding the OG interiors of mako reactors, because they defied how someone would actually design walkways, guardrails and ladders in an actual power plant. In real life, you shouldn't have to do any "platforming" to check the state of your process units. I know that Shinra tends to consider its employees as expendable, but still.

Thanks for the link, Lex.

Even watching the high quality footage (and experimenting with adjusting contrasts, brightness and hue in photoshop) I am only about 70% convinced that it's Jessie up on the platform. Seems like a logical spot to place her but I'm always weary of how my brain may interpret shapes and fill out blanks to create what may or may not be there. Just your standard Shad levels of doubt, nothing new to see here. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Wonder if that's deliberate or if Nomura just likes using a Dutch tilt when it comes to a POV shot where someone's being asked if they're okay. An oblique angle does kind of imply a tilt to the head.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
About Jessie: Isn't that scene Maximilian Dood described in his stream? Before you set up the bomb, you can have additional dailogue with her and she gives you that joke about to blow up her (the reactor's) mind first?... or something... she would be near then, no?

Last edited:

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Now that we got so much information and trailers from FFVII Remake I remembered how they probably already showed us the new Cloud redesign or an intermediate version a year ago:
cloudmodel.png

Link: https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/new-images-from-ffvii-vr-express.20645/page-2#post-789165

Tweet posted on the official Visual Works twitter.

生守です  ファイナルファンタジーVII リメイク詳細発表されました! 冒頭に出てくるエアリスが持っている花は実物の花を参考に作らせてもらいました

google translate:
Alive
Final Fantasy VII Remake Details Announced!
The flowers held by Aeris at the beginning were made with reference to real flowers

D9zD3OwUIAAh1u6

D9zD-AhU0AE_90g

D9zD_CAUwAAGZyF

I'm inferring from this that the flower Aerith is holding at the intro FMV was stepped on by someone earlier.

DON'T STEP ON THE GODDAMN FLOWERS!

EDIT: I tried transcribing the Japanese scribbles from the images but I definitely got a few symbols wrong and the last one I couldn't begin to guess at, so it's represented by a ●.

税込み1620円
Google translate:
1620 yen including tax

1000円 から600円 にイ邑引 キしてもらぃました!!
*開キすギてたから●
Google translate:
I've been drawn from 1000 yen to 600 yen!
* Because it was open ●

An effort was made. :monster:

Last edited:
Official Japanese FFVIIR site has been updated with character bios for Cloud & Aerith, plus info about the game's mechanics.

At face value there doesn't seem to be anything new but it's possible that the Cloud and Aerith renders here are easier to work with for image editing (due to the natural transparency around them).

Moderately curious about the nuance and actual meaning of this piece from Aerith's bios:
あの時こうすれば良かった―って後悔しないように

Google translate:
At that time I wish I had done this way-I won't regret it

No equivalent updates to the English FFVIIR site yet.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Surprised (and happy) FF7R won this award over the Cyberpunk 2077 hype. Personally I thought Cyberpunk’s showing at E3 was weak. It consisted of a cinematic trailer with barely any gameplay and a Hollywood appearance. Square’s presentation of FF7R was legit featuring the actual devs and a gameplay breakdown.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
It's worth noting that Cyberpunk was disqualified from most awards because it wasn't playable. It actually won the only award it was nominated for--the Special Commendation for Graphics. So while I agree its showing was weak--I'm less interested in Cyberpunk than I was before, personally--it's not necessarily the case that FFVII won over the hype.

Pedantics aside though, I honestly thought FFVII had the best E3 showing of the last couple of years. The gameplay was cool, the trailer was exciting, Neal and Kitase had good on-stage chemistry, Nomura showed up, and to top things off they didn't get bogged down by pre-order details and other business things.

Top Bottom