• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake delayed to April 10th Worldwide

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This definitely is a pain in the ass for people who've requested time off and have difficulties getting those kinds of things scheduled.

However – I'm exceptionally happy about this all-in-all.

Release Dates have become really hard pressures got development studios, and if a AAA game for something as rabidly anticipated as the Remake, from a developer who's normally not the most forthcoming or communicative can push things back a month, I very much hope that this is something that helps the industry as a whole make that lifecycle into something that's more healthy for the people involved, and that by extension, it means that we get better day 1 releases, and less "things they clearly knew about but couldn't correct in crunch" patches for games that are primarily single-player experiences.

X :neo:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Bummer. Do you think the leaks played any part in this and that some things might be adjusted to be not quite the same as what was leaked as a result?

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Bummer. Do you think the leaks played any part in this and that some things might be adjusted to be not quite the same as what was leaked as a result?

Most likely just bug fixes. There were quite a few graphical errors, including a lot of screen tear, going on in a lot of the demo playthroughs I saw. I was a little worried about that being so close to release.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Doubtful. Even if someone (::cough:: Nomura ::clears throat:: ) was fucking weird enough to do that, the money people actually approving a decision like this would want a much better excuse for shifting sales into a different fiscal year than "Nomura's vision. Also, pettiness."

Jairus

Well, considering their vision was one of the reasons they gave for the delay, should that possibility be so quickly dismissed? That could have been cover speech for "adjusting things to be somewhat different than the leaks to preserve the surprise" easily enough.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
While I am personally inconvenienced in a moderate fashion (I'll have to see if my boss is okaying with me changing my reserved vacation to April instead) I'm sure the developers are under leagues more stress. Here's hoping they pull through with a final release that isn't too buggy. Not that we've had it confirmed that the current build has tons of bugs but I'm going to assume it as a likely scenario, considering the complexity of the project.
Are you Union? With mine, I can reschedule it with enough advanced notice.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm very happy if this delay helps the devs with crunch and/or creates a better game in the end.

That said... I don't like this new date nearly as much. Releasing between RE3 and Cyberpunk means there's a lot more competition, and announcing a delay after the whole demo leak debacle without any good news in-between is frustrating as a fan. It's only a month in the grand scheme of things though, and if nothing else, my other most anticipated game of 2020 (Nioh 2) might have a little more time to shine now.

TL;DR - :shrug:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Maybe with the delay, they will release a demo. At least that way, all those that are really itching to play, will have that to hold them over

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm very happy if this delay helps the devs with crunch and/or creates a better game in the end.

That said... I don't like this new date nearly as much. Releasing between RE3 and Cyberpunk means there's a lot more competition, and announcing a delay after the whole demo leak debacle without any good news in-between is frustrating as a fan. It's only a month in the grand scheme of things though, and if nothing else, my other most anticipated game of 2020 (Nioh 2) might have a little more time to shine now.

TL;DR - :shrug:
When does Nioh 2 come out?

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Well, considering their vision was one of the reasons they gave for the delay, should that possibility be so quickly dismissed? That could have been cover speech for "adjusting things to be somewhat different than the leaks to preserve the surprise" easily enough.

The thing about "vision" will likely just be PR talk, I'd be surprised if this delay has to do with anything more than bugfixing and polishing. For anything story related to be adjusted they'd probably delay for more than just a month.

Jairus

The thing about "vision" will likely just be PR talk, I'd be surprised if this delay has to do with anything more than bugfixing and polishing. For anything story related to be adjusted they'd probably delay for more than just a month.

Well I wasn't talking necessarily about the larger story, but perhaps some of the details of it and the way some scenes may play out. Adjusting some of those to throw off those who've seen the leaks and preserve at least some of the surprise. And do the bugfixing, of course. That being a part of it does make sense.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Delaying to "adjust stuff to throw off those who have seem the leaks" is quite a baffling reasoning:

occams-razor-350_4333.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I could see Cyberpunk moving too - not because of this, but because games tend to get delayed these days and CDPR is as notorious as any other developer for doing so.

I'm slightly disappointed they've delayed FFVIIR btw, but I'm not all that bothered by it. I'd rather the game was well polished - they know they have to get this right. I managed to move my annual leave in work and it's now on a Friday rather than a Tuesday, so that's good. Tuesday releases are fucked up anyway, Friday is the day games tend to release in Europe.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Tuesday's are the usual here, so I was surprised that changed. I wouldn't necessarily mind the Friday, except that Easter weekend means I'm gonna have shit to do :/ So it might actually require more vacation days as I'll won't get the weekend built in.

Lex

Administrator
Tuesday's are the usual here, so I was surprised that changed. I wouldn't necessarily mind the Friday, except that Easter weekend means I'm gonna have shit to do :/ So it might actually require more vacation days as I'll won't get the weekend built in.

Is this a work thing? Do you have to work more on Easter?

I know why Tuesdays are the historical gaming days in north america (it's a shipping store delivery thing from the 80's and 90's where Monday was for music and Tuesday was for games) but I've always preferred the Friday just because then it's the weekend. The original Tuesday release meant me taking the Monday off aswell (because I'm not booking 4 days without taking the whole week), which meant finishing on Friday then waiting 4 entire days 0_0

Top Bottom