FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Just announced in UK, a move towards a lockdown, with all shops (aside from those selling food or medical essentials) to close. Measures will last at least 3 weeks. So UK game stores will not be open to sell the remake, even if they did manage to receive their shipment.

So that's just online deliveries (massive pressure already like has been mentioned) or digital.

Some of the grocery retailers that sell games may still receive physical copies, but as you can imagine the priority will be on the food bits. I happen to work for one of them so I'll keep my ear to the ground otherwise it's download at 00:01!

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
here's my correspondence with EB Canada

View attachment 5176

idk what do ;_; I wanna play on day 1 but I also still want my EB Exclusive pre-order bonus...

I know its just a dumb tin but goddamnit it's the least I can get for $120 ;______;
In a perfect world, they'll have the option of curbside pickup like some Gamestop stores in the States so we can get it day 1 and minimize risk to ourselves and store employees. Biggest issue is that EB gonna EB, so communication is non-existent haha. I hope they get back to you soon!

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Okay, so here's my situation!!

Preordered FFVIIR at GAME (Spain), planning to pick up at the store because I do enjoy the tradition of going to the store, getting the game, going back. It's like smelling your lunch before you dig in!

So of course, Spain's already confirmed to be under lockdown until the 11th or 12th so the shop shouldn't open and even if it did, I wouldn't legally be allowed to go and get it.

It seems wild but even under current circumstances, I still received the March part of the F1 collection I'm doing. And my mother received some clothes she bought, yesterday. Both under mail. Shit's wild.

So my question is... do I change the preorder so that they ship home? Yes or yes? :lol:

(I guess I could also cancel it, forget about physical release and get the digital but I so want the steelcase and the artbook!)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
If Spain's postal system is functioning and capable of doing deliveries then yes. You should be able to have it changed to home delivery and thankfully not risk getting yourself infected.

The only issue is, how capable is your country's mail system? You'll get it but you might wait longer for a physical delivery.

If you're wanting a physical copy then 100% get it delivered. But bear in mind the risk of waiting longer.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
got an email this morning:

Hello,

Thank you for Contacting EB Games !!

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

We understand your concerns around your existing pre-orders.

We are currently working to provide a solution for customers who paid a pre-order deposit in our stores. We thank you for your patience and will reach out to all impacted customers directly with options as soon as possible.

If your inquiry was unrelated to the information included in this message, please simply respond to this email and we will address your concern shortly.

Our Customer service team is working hard to get to all your questions please expect a slight delay in response time due to unprecedented volume.

Thank you for your understanding

We wish you and your family all the best through this difficult time.

Sincerely,
EB Games Canada

I am not getting my hopes too high, I think I will wait a moment before I bite the bullet and buy it again on the PSN store.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Okay, so here's my situation!!

Preordered FFVIIR at GAME (Spain), planning to pick up at the store because I do enjoy the tradition of going to the store, getting the game, going back. It's like smelling your lunch before you dig in!

So of course, Spain's already confirmed to be under lockdown until the 11th or 12th so the shop shouldn't open and even if it did, I wouldn't legally be allowed to go and get it.

It seems wild but even under current circumstances, I still received the March part of the F1 collection I'm doing. And my mother received some clothes she bought, yesterday. Both under mail. Shit's wild.

So my question is... do I change the preorder so that they ship home? Yes or yes? :lol:

(I guess I could also cancel it, forget about physical release and get the digital but I so want the steelcase and the artbook!)

Update! They changed it themselves. They know what they're doing! We'll hope it gets here in time...

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
EB Games Canada will be posting a FAQ tomorrow regarding current in-store pre-orders. According to whoever is running their facebook page:

Hi Rishi! Thank you for sharing your questions and concerns. We've received a large number of inquiries pertaining to product pre-orders in-store. We are working on a FAQ document to answer common questions, which will be posted tomorrow on our Facebook page. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So, skipping past the corporate speak, they will 'send' out the game to retailers but it will undoubtedly be held up by shipping restrictions, alongside quarantine and distribution measures, including non-essential items in the supply chain, meaning that it's ETA is God knows when.

What's interesting is that they listed the SE Store stuff separately in the message and their 'measures' to ensure that at least gets to people by April 10th. Wondering if they are currently shoving a load of money at DHL, couriers and the like.

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
As of now, postal services like DHL work fine here. I just hope that doesn't suddenly change. :(
I'd be fine with a few days delay, as this is a really exceptional situation. I couldn't cope with weeks, though...

Top Bottom