FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Since the UK seems to particularly be getting it early, I think that situation on eBay might be unique to the UK. I’m in the USA, but that’s an interesting gamble. If I order from a UK seller, would it get to the USA in time? :P

I’m leaning towards preloading it digitally for the time being, since SE’s webpage says orders after the 20th will probably arrive after release day.
It's not just the UK, it's the fact that SE shipped earlier to Europe more broadly and Australia/Australasia iirc. Dunno if it'd make in time to the US from here, quite risky all things considered!

Digital is not a bad idea, apparently you can pre-load data on 3 April now or something instead of 8 or 9th April. Not sure if that means you can play it early though - but hey, at least you'll know you've got it and fully downloaded for 00:00 hours midnight on the 10th!

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I hope the Expedited Shipping choice I made isn't what's slowing my order down.

Did anyone in the US who's getting their order shipped in the US now choose 2 day Expedited Shipping or did they go with Overnight? I'm kinda curious. Also, what's your carrier?
I just did whatever default shipping choice there was

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
iu

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Eh well, the bullseye release date was 03.03. then they moved the bullseye and now every copy is its own arrow. Kind of cool, actually. I wonder if they’ll still restrict our access to the digital copy, as we can get it as early as the 9th. Probably but we can always dream :)

Kratos

Pro Adventurer
I preordered regular through EB, but didn’t put money down, so I was all prepared to go digital. Now I hear about these shops tossing it out in shelves early, though...

Most dedicated game stores near where I live (North Vancouver) are closed, mind, so I’d have to get super lucky and either stumble across it or hear word through the grapevine (a grapevine I don’t really follow). I just know I’d be kicking myself if I found an early copy after already committing to a digital purchase.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Incidentally, has there been any word about a strategy guide for the game? Not that I want one for my first run, but for subsequent playthroughs it'd be nice to have to make it easier to get everything.

There isn't one.

Bradygames is dead, and Prima is online only. Unless Square-Enix decides to publish the FFVII-R Ultimania Omega in English, we most likely will have no physical strategy guides ever.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
There isn't one.

Bradygames is dead, and Prima is online only. Unless Square-Enix decides to publish the FFVII-R Ultimania Omega in English, we most likely will have no physical strategy guides ever.

What about Piggyback? They did the guides for the XIII games, and they were quite good. They also did the guide for XV. Surely they could do one for FF7R.

nazhus

Rookie Adventurer
So i'm in the UK and i have made two orders, one recent one from eBay and my order from late last year from Very. Surprisingly Very has just sent me an email confirming dispatch from supplier, it's usually next day delivery after this happens, Royal Mail tracking number still yet to update so will see what happens. Hopefully it's either 1st class or 24 as the delivery method used, i really hope i get this in the next couple of days as i want to avoid any spoilers and reviews.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I've seen some people in Spain have received their pre-ordered games from GAME.

I paid mine yesterday, it's supposedly ready for shipping... and could arrive any time until the 10th, in theory. So, the waiting game begins...

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm debating whether or not to just go digital. I pre-ordered from Gamestop (because... pre-order bonus) to pick up in person (to avoid paying shipping)... but it's looking more and more like non-essential businesses will be closed by the 10th in my state, what with the stay-at-home order being extended through the end of April. I haven't put any money down, so all I'd be out is the pre-order stuff, which sucks, but not the end of the world.

Top Bottom