• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Lol... yeah... Weiss is pretty much being kept away from *anything* he can use to get out of Deepground. Computers, weapons, talking to people... he's the strongest person in Deepground and he knows it. And pretty much loves throwing it in the Restrictor's face that they need to keep him locked up.

Shelke is the one doing all the SND stuff in DoC Online partially because she's actually allowed to go near a computer... and she's using that access for all it's worth to get the Restrictors out of the way. So yeah, the Restrictors have reason to worry.

Actually... thinking about it... Rosso directly tries killing the Restrictors herself at one point... Nero's arms are bound because he (supposedly) doesn't have full control of his teleporting/dark mako without it. I say "supposedly" because he frees his hands in DoC and still has great control of his teleporting/dark mako. I have to think he probably tried to take the Resrictors out himself at one point

So... the only Restrictor I can think of that might *not* have tried to (or will) take the Retrictors out is Azul. And that's in part because he's the only one of them who *wanted* to be there...

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I need to start reading up on Crisis Core and DoC, otherwise I’m going to be very confused when this comes out...

I think Remake will adequately explain Deepground, just as the game has done with the rest of the world. Surely the devs are aware that millions more people bought Remake compared to DC and that those DC buyers last played the game over a decade ago. A bonus chapter starring Yuffie is a good place to throw in some Compilation elements, but I suspect it won't have the time to deeply explore those elements.

Though knowledge of CC and DC wouldn't hurt either!

Wait, wasn't he that Type-0 Behemoth?

Nah, the party kills it to take its horn. And we know Azul is busy with the Restrictor coup. Plus it lacks Azul's signature blue appearance.

With our impression so far being that the Yuffie DLC exists separately from the main game, one part that isn't fully clear yet is how "Cloud vs Weiss" is supposed to happen. This versus scenario is after all supposed to be a selling point.
――追加要素としてヴァイスとのバトルがありますが、ヴァイスを選んだ理由は?

野村最強であるセフィロスが既に登場しているので、セフィロス以外の強敵でインパクトのあるボスとして選びました。また、クラウド VS ヴァイスは今回が初になる構図ですので、自分自身、どういう戦いになるのか楽しみで、PlayStation 4版のころから隠しボスとしてヴァイスを入れてくれ、と頼んでいました。
DeepL said:
--There is a battle with Weiss as an additional element, why did you choose Weiss?

Nomura: Because Sephiroth, the strongest character in the game, has already appeared, so I chose him as a strong enemy other than Sephiroth that would have an impact. Also, this is the first time we're going to have Cloud vs. Weiss, so I myself was looking forward to seeing what kind of battle it would be, and I've been asking for Weiss to be included as a hidden boss since the PlayStation 4 version.

There are a number of gameplay-only ways they could do this of course. If we picture that Weiss is unlocked by Yuffie finding a Battle VR Simulator near Deepground, maybe the simple act of finding the Weiss battle data or winning the Yuffie vs Weiss fight unlocks it for the main game. Thus allowing Cloud, Tifa, Barret and Aerith to also fight against Weiss. Content-wise this freedom would be interesting especially if we are talking solo battles that will necessitate unique strategies for each. Cloud vs Weiss, Barret vs Weiss etc.

My gut tells me that the Yuffie DLC won't shift perspective to you controlling Tifa or Cloud, though I could be wrong. But what if...you actually get to see where Cloud was during the part in Chapter 13 when Barret and Tifa are running around alone in the underground facility? What if, outrageously enough, the Ch13 facility is close to where Yuffie and Sonon end up in the DLC? What if the timing of these characters getting underground match up and Cloud meets Yuffie during this part? They help each other, do some optional VR battles including one against Weiss, then they separate as Yuffie rejoins with Sonon and Cloud rejoins with Barret & Tifa.

Truly, truly outrageous. But not impossible. Because Remake is crazy. One challenge with this idea is that if Cloud is present in the Yuffie DLC, game content that will technically be available even before you start the main game, then what level will he be at and what equipment will he have? These game design complications may be a bigger reason for Square to avoid this scenario than the unorthodoxy of having Cloud meet Yuffie early. Still, I'm in a rare mood for speculation so I'm taking the time to share my crazy thoughts.

Guys, I just picked up on a thing! o__o
*applauds and hands out cookie*

Azul the Cerulean is indeed "Blue the Blue".
Rosso the Crimson is Red the Red.
Nero the Sable is Black the Black.
Weiss the Immaculate is White the Ultimate Detergent I Can't Believe It Removes All Stains But Wait There's More It Also Cleans Your Cutlery!

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Yeah, Weiss will probably have some involvement in the Yuffie chapters, but I think his boss fight will only be available in the main game via the combat simulator, possibly only on hard mode. His reveal clip only shows him the combat simulator anyway (judging from the hexagon pattern).

image (9).jpg

I imagine the boss for Yuffie's second chapter is the yet to be revealed Compilation character Nomura mentioned in the recent Famitsu interview. The chapter 1 boss is undoubtedly that centipede mech we see in the trailer.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't think he'll be relagated to just Battle Simulator though. They'll want to use him. His boss fight might be different between scenarios.

For instance, in Yuffie's game, he fights with a handicap. Like with only 1 sword.

In the combat simulator you fight him unrestrained and full strength. Both swords.

The difference between the Organization members in the main game versus Re-Mind, comes to mind. The Data Battles are almost completely different than the main scenario boss fights, despite being the same characters.

I just really doubt they'd hold him back. I mean, they could. But a brief boss encounter that chases off Yuffie and co. totally sounds like something they would do.

Last edited:
After having watched a decent amount of reactions to the trailer, I surmise the following:

- Most people have no idea about Deepground and Weiss. It is very much a niche portion of fans who know enough about Dirge of Cerberus to react to it at all. More people seem to be familiar with Weiss than with the standard DG soldiers though.

- A majority of people have a very delayed reaction to Yuffie's reveal, not being sure that it's her until she says her own name. To me it was a no-brainer the moment I saw the moogle outfit (and then her socks), but once again the fact that so many people are not familiar with Dirge of Cerberus and Yuffie's moogle outfit means their moment of realization/confirmation gets delayed.

I think all this emphasizes how little Square actually has to lose by including content from a "controversial" title such as DoC. Its controversy is too niche for the developers to decide against it.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Not only that, but with Ever Crisis, they sell you the whole Compilation, something more to enjoy and discover the whole world. I honestly think that by adding this *before* fans can discover it will generate hype around DoC. "Ohhhh looooooook, this is why we saw this in Remake!!!". The bet is that it won't feel "separate" but integrated to the story at a deeper level, which fans will dig.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I specifically posted a screenshot from the online mode (scene 6 to be specific), taking place before Hojo taking over Weiss, so that you wouldn't try and argue that position Mako. :monster:
It also simply must be pointed out that the CC Complete Guide mentions Weiss's yellow eyes:

"SOLDIER eyes
Having been showered in mako, SOLDIERs like Zack have a blue/green glow emanate from the back of their eyes. In the Tsviet division of Deepground, some of those who have been assigned titles with a color are an exception to this, having red or yellow eyes."

Top Bottom