FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
WHAT? YUFFIE??? AND A sadly mobile version GAME COVERING THE WHOLE COMPILATION???? DAMN SE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9157c4afb4ffe5f228ab34bd4285b508.gif

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fucking Weiss is back, bro.

And he'll actually have a personality and not just be a meat puppet for you-know-who.

Minerva, please....

Please bring us Weiss' gay goth brother who's into bondage into this too. Just do it. Let's just go all-the-fucking-way, Square.

PLEASE. Make the combo PERFECT.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Welp. We're going to Deepground. Tsivets are a thing. Pre-Hojo Wiess is a thing. Genesis is probably a thing. Given that they're all under there.

Well, the story in Midgar is going to be *way* different this time around. DG does not like Shinra. That's... going to be hell for story stuff...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I always figured the best way to use Yuffie would be to tie her to the expanded role of Wutai and Shinra's conflict. I never thought she'd meet the party (indirectly) even before they leave Midgar though. Guess this confirms Wutai was supporting Avalanche and it's not just Shinra propaganda. That, or Yuffie's working on her own and making a mess of things.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Not gonna lie, when I saw Yuffie in her OG outfit I got hyped.

Think I'll give this DLC a skip until PC, especially because I don't plan on getting a PS5 and I don't wanna buy FF7R as many times as Skyrim, I'm can't walk down that road again lol. I will do what I did with CC and watch y'all play it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wutai is observing AVALANCHE. Remember, they say to stay away from them because Shinra is surveilling them, and they were right.

The Early Material Files for the OG had Yuffie stalking the party, so this is a nice callback to that.

And remember, Yuffie was originally added very late in the OG, with so much of what they planned and wanted for her having to just be scrapped due to time limits. I love how they are going to realize and integrate her far more into the story than she was before. It's wonderful.

Makes you really get excited for what they'll do for Vincent :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Wutai is observing AVALANCHE. Remember, they say to stay away from them because Shinra is surveilling them, and they were right.

The Early Material Files for the OG had Yuffie stalking the party, so this is a nice callback to that.

And remember, Yuffie was originally added very late in the OG, with so much of what they planned and wanted for her having to just be scrapped due to time limits. I love how they are going to realize and integrate her far more into the story than she was before. It's wonderful.

Makes you really get excited for what they'll do for Vincent :monster:
Yeah that's true. In the early Material files she was trying to collect a bounty on Cloud, though, and was an Ex-Soldier herself.

I feel like Vincent's Coffin is too iconic to do away with, but I'm sure he'll have a ton to do after waking up.

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Just imagine if they do upgraded versions of Part 2 and beyond :sephball:
Square Enix would have me buying FFVII Remake like ten times over, lol.

I haven’t been able to watch the trailers or get the new info, just saw a screencap. But what I’ve heard has been amazing.

Is getting Yuffie the same hide and seek sorta game? I hope they retain that in some regard, it was always fun.

Lex

Administrator
I'm excited for this. It's a really nice surprise to be able to play as Yuffie this early, and with VII:R's battle system. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also not mad at all about what they're planning with those mobile titles. Can't wait to play VII:R on PS5 in glorious 60fps.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I legit lost my mind.

That trailer was a progression of excitement and insanity. Like, I got almost as hyped as the June 2019 trailer for the FFVII Remake.

I seriously can't believe Square-Enix gave me Yuffie before anyone else in the party. Wow. I didn't dare actually say aloud such a fan inspired hope. Let alone the return of our favorite underground secret base and it's psychotic soldiers. :awesome:

Yet it came true. Here we are with Square somehow realizing my most out-there dreams. :monster:

The ending of Yuffie's DLC episode will be her watching Cloud and the others enter Kalm through binoculars with an evil smile as she focuses on the materia attached to their weapons. >DDD

snatchr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Snatchr
Also are they literally remaking the original game in polygonal form? Am I hearing this news right?
idk how people can think that mobile games actually going to remake ff7 as like, an actual game from start to finish. Its just gonna loosely tell the story of the old canon in the most surface level way possible.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
idk how people can think that mobile games actually going to remake ff7 as like, an actual game from start to finish. Its just gonna loosely tell the story of the old canon in the most surface level way possible.
Well, they certainly aren't going to make polemic changes this time, so there's that.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't understand how people are seriously discounting mobile games in 2021 like we haven't had multiple blockbuster titles like Genshin Impact, Mobius FF, and now fucking Nier Reincarnation.

You can ignore mobile all you like, but it's legit. And it's not going anywhere, ever. It's a medium that's expanding and has evolved enough to keep up. There's no avoiding it. Hopefully the gacha won't be cancerous and they'll be generous for free-to-play users while letting whales go all in.

I didn't see Gumi running these games so I have hopes. :monster:

As long as it's not Brave Exivus tier, we're good.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I legit lost my mind.

That trailer was a progression of excitement and insanity. Like, I got almost as hyped as the June 2019 trailer for the FFVII Remake.

I seriously can't believe Square-Enix gave me Yuffie before anyone else in the party. Wow. I didn't dare actually say aloud such a fan inspired hope. Let alone the return of our favorite underground secret base and it's psychotic soldiers. :awesome:

Yet it came true. Here we are with Square somehow realizing my most out-there dreams. :monster:

The ending of Yuffie's DLC episode will be her watching Cloud and the others enter Kalm through binoculars with an evil smile as she focuses on the materia attached to their weapons. >DDD
This thing was made specifically for us Dirge loving psychos, it feels like Square personally asked me for suggestions lol.
I don't understand how people are seriously discounting mobile games in 2021 like we haven't had multiple blockbuster titles like Genshin Impact, Mobius FF, and now fucking Nier Reincarnation.

You can ignore mobile all you like, but it's legit. There's no avoiding it. Hopefully the gacha won't be cancerous and they'll be generous.

I didn't see Gumi running these games so I have hopes. :monster:

As long as it's not Brave Exivus tier, we're good.
Fuck, I just want it for Before Crisis. That game was a mobile game in 2004! I don't see how it could get worse lol. I'm sure it will be a fine game for what it is.

Top Bottom