FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
But what atrocities?

Its menstrual atrocities? It didn't wear a damn pad when it left its room? :wacky:

The blood came from out of its damn container. It somehow slaughtered a bunch of people, but they left no blood, but its just dripping in their viscera as it just... Moves around, still dripping all that blood...I mean, that's just weird. But whatevs :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think what I probably thought was that she was bleeding from busting through that pod thing, since the thing had clearly been violently broken out of. Or that she had been suspended in some fluid in there, since she looks all pink when you look in but she's blue in Nibelheim. (but pink in 2 of the 4 boss fights, so who knows, lol)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think what I probably thought was that she was bleeding from busting through that pod thing, since the thing had clearly been violently broken out of. Or that she had been suspended in some fluid in there, since she looks all pink when Barret looks in but she's blue in Nibelheim. (but pink in 2 of the 4 boss fights, so who knows, lol)

That's exactly what I thought as well, hence my lack of issue when they made Jenova's fluids and/or blood dark purple/black.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I always figured the blood trail in the OG was a mixed of both Jenova's blood/bodily fluids and the blood of the people she slaughtered. Like a monster leaking fluids isn't an uncommon horror trope, like Kamata-kun in Shin Godzilla who gushes from his gills/neck.

Based on FFXIV and FFXV I think the Remake can still go a little more bloody and still keep its T rating, if it was indeed being overly cautious in its first outing. I think it'll be able to add blood smudges/smears and anime "injury blood coughs" and dried/faded blooded splatters (but not fresh/liquid ones).

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
You didn't like Hojo's House of Horrors..? Seeing all his special specimens connected to Jenova was fun!

Hell, the fucking Brain Pod was adorable. Along with the Swordipede being an abomination of blades upon blades upon blades.

Wow, different strokes I guess!

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I have a lot of mixed feelings about the Shinra execution in the Remake, because there's certainly a lot of good. The Rufus and JENOVA boss battles were certainly some of the best parts in the game (that JENOVA remix...)

The lack of actual blood and the execution of Sephiroth killing President Shinra wasn't as good. In the original, if I recall correctly, you get to the top floor expecting anything except for the whole top floor being massacred. It's a disorientating shock that leaves a big impression. I don't remember that particular aspect being as strong in Remake.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I feel like with something as subjective as how one responds to atmosphere, it’s hard to fairly judge something that you already experienced in one form that made you feel a certain way because then you bring that preconceived idea into something else. Even with remakes, I generally stay away from comparing them to whatever the original made me felt and instead I focus more on what the remake is trying to do in itself. (I’m not always good at this but I try lol it was at least easy to do in this case because of how new I was to FF7 when I played the remake)

Remakes, sequels, or even stuff like an artist’s music tend to get a lot of “it wasn’t like how it was before, therefore it’s not as good”, which is something I was supremely guilty of with music until I realized I enjoy stuff a lot more when I stop comparing each experience to something else. So generally, I don’t believe something being different from the original makes it better or worse.

As far as whether or not something drags on for too long, well I think I’m confident in fairly assessing that without comparing it to other things. I don’t think I need to make comparisons to let you know that your game has too much padding, or your anime has too much filler, or your director’s cut didn’t need to be four hours long lmao...

Danfromumbrella

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Dan
I feel like with something as subjective as how one responds to atmosphere, it’s hard to fairly judge something that you already experienced in one form that made you feel a certain way because then you bring that preconceived idea into something else. Even with remakes, I generally stay away from comparing them to whatever the original made me felt and instead I focus more on what the remake is trying to do in itself. (I’m not always good at this but I try lol it was at least easy to do in this case because of how new I was to FF7 when I played the remake)

Remakes, sequels, or even stuff like an artist’s music tend to get a lot of “it wasn’t like how it was before, therefore it’s not as good”, which is something I was supremely guilty of with music until I realized I enjoy stuff a lot more when I stop comparing each experience to something else. So generally, I don’t believe something being different from the original makes it better or worse.

As far as whether or not something drags on for too long, well I think I’m confident in fairly assessing that without comparing it to other things. I don’t think I need to make comparisons to let you know that your game has too much padding, or your anime has too much filler, or your director’s cut didn’t need to be four hours long lmao...
I mean it's all opinions at the end of the day but generally if enough people say it there might be some truth to it. I see a lot of complaints about the blood trail, Shinra's death scene, and the plate fall as things handled less good than the original. You can clearly point to the why on the problems with them. Some people might like the remake's takes of them, it's certainly possible but I don't think it's impossible to fairly judge something in a remake.

If that were the case I shouldn't think the remake does anything better than the original but it does do some things better and also captures feelings I had playing the OG too.

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat
The latter half of the Shinra tower is definitely something I think the remake just did worse all around.

I agree with this. It was the version that airs on cable with the "This film has been modified from its original form" disclaimer at the beginning.

The shock of walking in on President Shinra with a giant sword sticking out of his back was so far and away more artistically and aesthetically powerful than President Shinra's clichéd mustache twirling villain-at-the-end-of-a-movie speech. That was the one that was super egregious to me. The only scene from the Remake that I felt was butchered, honestly. And I looooooved every second of that game.

Top Bottom