he/they
AKA
Tets
Background is sooo much cleaner now, holy shit :lol:

PS4

Z2N0Mh7.jpg

PS5

HbVw8lP.jpg

Lighting is also more natural in the PS5 version. PS4 looks overly pink in comparison.

Changes to sector 7 background:

PS4

2zB6fov.jpg

PS5

d3Ai4zQ.jpg

Apart from the lighting changes, there's also additional details

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Ok, so I'm still waiting for the upgrade to finish downloading (never mind the DLC, that'll have to wait until tomorrow, at this rate).

I discovered that although I can't load my previous save until the core game has finished downloading, I can start a new game. So I did, just for shits and giggles. And ho-ly. shit. That 60 FPS just hits different ?

I think this might push me to actually do another run-through. Obviously not a fresh run-through, I want my new game+ bullshit, but yeah. It looks GOOD.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

Y'know despite the seemingly endless bitching I see on any post made by SE or the official FFVIIR social media accounts about how "unfair" it is (low stock, too expensive, etc) that the Yuffie DLC is only for PS5 and that putting part 2 on PS5 will "fail" or whatever.... these graphics, THIS is why I wanted SE to wait and polish the remake, to wait until they had the PS5 out to make the game look incredible. Did it look amazing on the PS4? Yes..... doors and certain textures/backgrounds aside. Should it have looked like the Intergrade version from the get-go? .... Yes. IMHO.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Y'know despite the seemingly endless bitching I see on any post made by SE or the official FFVIIR social media accounts about how "unfair" it is (low stock, too expensive, etc) that the Yuffie DLC is only for PS5 and that putting part 2 on PS5 will "fail" or whatever.... these graphics, THIS is why I wanted SE to wait and polish the remake, to wait until they had the PS5 out to make the game look incredible. Did it look amazing on the PS4? Yes..... doors and certain textures/backgrounds aside. Should it have looked like the Intergrade version from the get-go? .... Yes. IMHO.

Honestly IMO the only reason it released PS4 is because it more or less had to. Neither Sony or Square wanted to go near the situation with Versus XIII on the PS3 again, particularly given the nature of the expectations attached to this particular title. My guess is, Sony allowed them to spec for higher than PS4 hardware during development, as long as it could be scaled back to run acceptably.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I bought and downloaded everything, but now I gotta hook up and reinstall everything on my PS4 to transfer my save data. Why can't everything cater to my lazy ass not wanting to get off the couch :sadpanda:

edit: I'm annoyed because I thought I did this already when I initially set up my ps5 ;_; I downloaded/installed everything last night to get right into it over the weekend. Now I have to wait and reinstall the whole game on the ps4 ;______;

Last edited:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I bought and downloaded everything, but now I gotta hook up and reinstall everything on my PS4 to transfer my save data. Why can't everything cater to my lazy ass not wanting to get off the couch :sadpanda:

edit: I'm annoyed because I thought I did this already when I initially set up my ps5 ;_; I downloaded/installed everything last night to get right into it over the weekend. Now I have to wait and reinstall the whole game on the ps4 ;______;
Welcome to the future :wacky:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Here's two gameplay changes I noticed with Intergrade:

1. Characters are now invincible when performing a limit break. Great change. Sure it makes the game easier, but before it always felt cheap to die during the animation.

2. Synergy materia no longer costs ATB or MP. The materia was almost useless before because all it saved was a menu click. Now it's a tad OP. Shooting off a free spell with every ability usage absolutely melts anything with an elemental weakness. Pair the magic with MP Absorb as well and you got a sure way to regain MP even on hard mode.

The third change is that unblockable abilities from enemies are now denoted with a red cation sign, but the game tells you about this with a tutorial message (even when transferring your save from PS4).

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Yes, after putting all that work into staggering some enemies, it sucks when the game doesn't let you have that release.

I've also been thinking how they could handle boss phases better so players don't blow their load too early.

My solution is to implement enemy health bars like how Sekiro does it. Instead of one big health bar, split the it up and have a red dot represent each phase. That way players can then see when the current phase is about to end and save their Limit Breaks accordingly.

1624879401694.png

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm not sure why people get so hung up on phase transitions, they're essentially the equivalent of KH revenge values.

Bosses are simply not going to stand there, let you stagger lock and then face roll them into oblivion. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah I mean if they don't want you to be able to do that, then why have the stagger mechanic at all? Instead of causing you to completely waste limit breaks that you might not get again in the battle

Because stagger isn't meant to allow you to faceroll enemies into submission straight through the entire fight. The game would be a cake walk if you could stagger, bypass their revenge phase shifts, True Strike and Ray of Judgment their damage multiplier past 300%, and just wail on then with Braver/Infinite End/Summon Skill/etc until they croak.

It's the same reason why combos in KH2/KH3Remind aren't meant to allow the player to wail on boss enemies with impunity. Your skill level and/or prep doesn't entitle you to the boss ragdolling and taking your punishment like a good boy/girl/NB/etc.

And this is actually fair. Bosses can't infinite the player. Neither can players infinite the bosses. Hell, think of it like the boss version of "Reprieve." :monster:

I would have preffered if each phase had its own health bar, or at least an indication of the phase shift on the single health bar.

The Health Bar flashes a circle with a line through it to tell you that you can no longer deplete HP from them until their stagger ends and the next phase starts. Once you see that sign, you should simply step back, as if noticing their power level skyrocketing, regroup and proceed to take on their next state. :monster:

Top Bottom