SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
One thing I noticed is that Aerith is the only playable character who’s weapons are non-diegetic (i.e. they aren’t shown on her character model out of battle). I wonder if that was an intentional creative choice (like maybe she can disappear them away and summon them like Noctis can with his weapons in FFXV or perhaps they are collapsible and are meant to be in a jacket pocket?) or if it was just a animation/modeling time saving decision? Or perhaps it was a mix of both?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Probably an intentional decision. As @Odysseus said, they prob didn't want her to have to carry her weapon around.

As you can see in this cutscene, it just magically appears ( and purposely placing Barret in front of her, so we can't see) Tbh,I think they could have handled it in a better way (have it like a collapsible baton would have worked).

You mean like this? :P

It was strange, I know that the lack of weapon was a design choice, like they thought her outfit looked better without a staff and strap, which is a choice that I, in theory, should disagree with but don’t for some reason?

I wonder if I play through with a mod that adds her weapons outside of combat, how I’ll feel about it then... it’s likely it would clip through everything, as actually wearing a 4ft rod on your back wouldn’t allow the range of movement Aeris exhibits in the cutscenes.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
FF7: Enter the Spiderverse (Aerith is Spider-Ham)

giphy.gif

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Aerith's staff is collapsible though. She tucks it into her jacket afterwards. Linked below is a timestamped video showing this when she's playable in Chapter 9. The same animation is used in regular battles with Cloud:

Wahh, okay! THAT is much better! Definitely missed this! but..why they didn't make it more clearly???

It's like a huge weight has been taken out of my shoulders (why do I care so much about small things like this???) so THANK YOU!

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
I hope that in future installments we will be able to equip Cloud's Fusion Swords from Advent Children with an exclusive Mode Change that gives him a whole new move set than his other weapons Punisher Mode. Instead of changing mode into Punisher Mode, he could change into Dual Wielding Mode where his attacks are weaker, but much faster and has better range. His fighting style could be like in Advent Children (not in the air though, more grounded)
7e5190f93de02ab8ee264169879c020d70065558_hq.gif

Also another thing that I wish to see for Barret in the future, (must be after Gold Saucer since yeah you know if you have played the Original game) is that he gets a prosthetic arm that transforms into a weapon when entering a battle just like how Cloud equips his sword from his back when entering battles. Something like this: Advent Children Scene

Edit: Also not sure if this is the right topic to be discussing this kind of stuff?!

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
So, is there any solid information as to what's up with the scene with Zack? Is he alive now? I read one theory that all the Whisper's interference was erased from the timeline before it happened, so he lived, but in that case wouldn't Barret suddenly drop dead of a suddenly appearing sword wound through the heart?

Top Bottom