SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I don't know where to post that, but if you want to watch a playthrough of someone who has zero knowledge of FFVII (her only FF was XV) and who's really sharp with her comments, you can watch Materwelonz' playthroughs on YT (the first part has been deleted though). They are small sections of roughly 1 hour so it's easier to watch, and I personally just listen to her comments to see how much a beginner can pick up from the game - and she picks up a lot! Very interesting for an old playerr like me.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I saw screencaps of Cloud, Tifa and Aerith in their dresses during various time of the game (one of Cloud and Wedge during the parachute scene which is absolutely hilarious to boot), and I'll probably try to replay like that because WHY NOT? XDD

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Not quite, the model that was used for Cloud was the one from the flashback with his Mom in Nibelheim (happening at the end of chapter 8 in Aerith's house).
Tifa's sexiness aside, seeing all these videos with the alternate outfits make me feel like I'd easily fall for DLC costume packs.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Here's a note I wrote in my phone last year when "Watchmen of Fate" was the translated name we received for the Whispers.

Pretty happy with the accuracy of my prediction. We'll see in future parts if the defeat of the Whispers allows for Aerith to live.

I remember theories like mine being shot down around here lol. The general consensus was that the Whispers were an extension of Sephiroth to guide the black cloaked men to the reunion. The four Whispers in Sephiroth's key art were speculated to represent the four versions of Jenova fought throughout the OG. Good times!

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-oX8d9Y36lKuDn.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's fake as fuck. That's never been referenced or stated ever. Where did that even come from....?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
What the fuck is this fakery shit lol. I'm half gagging and half laughing, we would have seen it way before if this was real.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Writing a cooler version of yourself and designing a girl to be his perfect match sounds like you're drawing YOUR perfect girl, it's gross. You can perfectly write a hero and her perfect match, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's the self insert that makes it all kind of wrong.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Aren't there many characters out there that the creator uses some characteristics of himself to make it? And that character eventually has a romantic interest.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Having "some characteristics" and self insert is a long way to go though, a big difference. "He likes red because I like this colour/books, etc.." is vastly different than "that's just me a little bit cooler tho".

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah that's fake. Uncited and that's never ever been stated as the inspiration for Cloud. It goes against the actual inspiration of Cloud's false persona, which was stated to be a combination of Nojima's idea and Toriyama's inspiration. Nomura designed his appearance and some of his iconic lines, Nojima put in a lot of work on his personality. Nomura didn't just completely create Cloud at all. This all comes from the English Final Fantasy Anniversary Ultimania. That shit's never been stated anywhere.

Noctis on the other hand, is a character Nomura has admitted feeling close to, like his son, due to how much effort he put in trying to design him.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Noctis on the other hand, is a character Nomura has admitted feeling close to, like his son, due to how much effort he put in trying to design him.

At least for writers, that's the major feeling towards the characters they create I think (I've seen many writers say that). More on the "they're just like my kids" than anything else, probably because of the creative process that make writers feel this way.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, I feel vindicated in my assessment that Cait Sith's random-ass appearance during the Sector 7 platefall was an absolute misfire. My fianceé has been watching my playthrough from the beginning (skipping out on my leveling sessions -- or "item whoring," as she calls it), and she was really into the drama and tension of the whole pillar sequence ... until the fucking fairy cat rolled out.

She just went "... What?" Pulled her right out of it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought he was cute. He looked so heartbroken and adorable. And it essentially served as a stand in for Reeve, so I pictured him doing the same thing too.

It looks goofy as hell, but Reeve/Cait Sith are ironically connected to that event as well. It served as a moment that made Reeve question everything he knew about Shinra and his own morals. Cait's apart of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom