SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The original honeybee inn was much more explicitly a whore house, and I think it pushed the bounds of what they could get away with. The version that made it to the final game is massively stripped down in comparison. It's a shame, the old version has my favorite NPC dialogue in the entire game (see the dude at 7:45 in the video.) I was pretty happy to see Palmer there in the remake, I was like "They remembered!"

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Is "Kwedge" Wedge's little brother???????
Yeah. Wedge actually references him in the final game during the escape sequence on the train when the Avalanche members randomly don disguises:

Wedge
“I look just like my little brother
in these clothes…”
{NEW PAGE}
“I wish he could see me now.”

Tragically Kwedge was retconned out of the Remake, now Wedge apparently has no family, along with Biggs. RIP.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Between April 1st and June 1st (I got the game early), I beat FF7R three times. Here's some useless info:

Playthrough #1: 44hr 27mins, Normal, English w/ subtitles, All sidequests

Playthrough #2: 45hr 57mins, Normal, Japanese, All sidequests & arena battles

Playthrough #3: 46hr 51mins, Hard, English w/o subtitles, All sidequests & NG+ arena battles

Total time: 137hrs 15mins, or 2hrs 15mins per day

Interesting (to me) that each subsequent playthrough actually got longer. English w/o subtitles is my favorite way to enjoy the story, after turning down the music and sound effects in the settings. Hard mode has the best combat, but since you're locked out of using items, the item economy (treasure and shops) is busted.

Now to get the remaining dresses in French on Classic mode!

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Bumping this thread because, in my search for the Kabbalah roots of FFVII (talking about it with a Jewish friend who doesn't game at all lol), I stumbled onto this article and, I quote:

I like that Judaism encourages people to have a dynamic relationship with their fate and that they’re a part of something larger.

And I was like "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT WAIT WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT" (please keep in mind this article is dated from 2018). I've asked my friend about it, but she's away from Twitter currently so yeah :D But I suppose that this is true and oh god, it's not that they have added this fighting theme blindingly, rather they linked it to the core of the religious theme.

Edit: yup, Jew friend confirms they are BIG on the destiny stuff, and they've got a big responsability with this.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So Cloud's dress models have no battle animations and cannot even be rigged to follow the movements of Cloud's normal model in battle. That's a shame.

I've seen his dress model perform field motions not actually seen in Chapter 9 but I guess the limit of Cloud actually getting to wear his dress beyond that chapter. Damn.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's weird is that alternate outfits were datamined from the leaked demo on December 2019, yet none of those outfits have been released as DLC or anything.

I think they must have had the idea for alternate outfits and ultimately decided to scrap it, only opting for the DLC provided from pre-orders, and candy/noodles. Alternate outfits would've been neat, but I guess they only planned it, and never realized it. Such a shame.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Oh I know pretty well what Mods we'll be using on Tifa..
fixed it ;D

Though, I am looking for more than just Outfit Mods. I also want to see a mod where it gives us a direct translation subtitles from the Japanese to English and not localization. That way we can play it with Japanese Dubs with subtitles to what they really say.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
fixed it ;D

Though, I am looking for more than just Outfit Mods. I also want to see a mod where it gives us a direct translation subtitles from the Japanese to English and not localization. That way we can play it with Japanese Dubs with subtitles to what they really say.
I don't think many will be interested in using a nun's attire on Tifa.

The modding prospect excites me.

AKA
Alex
I don't think many will be interested in using a nun's attire on Tifa.

The modding prospect excites me.

I'm all about those good girls. Tifa-as-Nun is still objectively best girl!

Can't wait to see what the modding community does with the game assets - I'm actually hoping to see some restored content or additional functionality for revisiing other areas of the city.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Cloud 1st Class Outfit Gameplay
If this is made possible with Save Editor, then how come we have a 1st Class Outfit Model for Cloud in the game? I am not familiar with Save Editors on PlayStation so I have no clue. I only guess that we can only replace something with an existing model, such as replace original Cloud with Dress Cloud. We can't edit the models and use them, am I right?

If what I guessed is right could this mean that the 1st Class Outfit for Cloud is already in the game and might be released/unlocked as a DLC later?

Last edited:
Top Bottom