SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Ironically enough, the "Inspire" thing seems rather at odds with the portrayal in BC, where the damn thing is explicitly a robot with an autonomous AI which Reeve can take direct control of.

I'm beginning to wonder if the "magical" ability that is "Inspire" is just supposed to be read as "ignorant term for 'someone with a talent for writing AI' by people on a planet who are super used to robots, but aren't used to their robots having personality or genuine intellect." :wacky:

“It does more than dynamically kill everything it sees, must be witchcraft.”

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat
Cait Sith is actually the only aspect of the entire Remake project that I don't really care about at all. I think maybe in my entire life I used him in combat once. I have faith that they will make him a compelling character but I'm even looking more forward to seeing what that roller coaster between Corel and Gold Saucer looks like than I am at having Cait Sith in my party.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I have no idea what to expect, which is probably the best case scenario for me. Like, I don't expect jack shit anymore. They were concerned about keeping the Cloud-sneaks-out-of-Aeris's-house minigame, like that's so vital, but tossed out more than half of Shinra HQ. So, I have no idea what they think is important, what's staying in, and what's gonna be covered in time ghosts.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Personally I'm looking forward to breeding and racing my chocobos.
I think I already went into this but...
I can't wait for Chapter 3: Farm on the Harm, a 2 hour segment giving backstory to the chocobo farm and on how chocobos change colors (tip: its all about the materia they eat). Even Midgar's tourists come to see the beauty themselves.

Also this time is not just a ranch, there's a chocobo beauty saloon and a restaurant, its crazy.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
They are still regarded as one of the 4 major mysteries, so yeah. That obviously can mean jack or not.

I think I already went into this but...
I can't wait for Chapter 3: Farm on the Harm, a 2 hour segment giving backstory to the chocobo farm and on how chocobos change colors (tip: its all about the materia they eat). Even Midgar's tourists come to see the beauty themselves.

Also this time is not just a ranch, there's a chocobo beauty saloon and a restaurant, its crazy.
It's Willy Wonka's Chocobo Factory. That weirdly sounds pretty fun.....

I have no idea what to expect, which is probably the best case scenario for me. Like, I don't expect jack shit anymore. They were concerned about keeping the Cloud-sneaks-out-of-Aeris's-house minigame, like that's so vital, but tossed out more than half of Shinra HQ. So, I have no idea what they think is important, what's staying in, and what's gonna be covered in time ghosts.
Honestly, I kinda get it? I mean, as someone who had to shut off their mind when going to the Shinra HQ so that I could enjoy the game, I can definitely see why they would take a lot of it away.

.... you guys are rather optimistic that Remake is going to become less convoluted and full of weird shit as the Parts go on...
I dont know if I think like that. Well, my favorite scene from the OG is the metaphysical psychotherapy lounge room that the Lifestream gives, so maybe I'm inclined to weird shit.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

Aerith is stunning in this dress, she looks like a beautiful flamenco dancer.

Lacking customizable options in 2020 is kinda bad, SQ.

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
What does 人聞きが悪い mean?
Ah, I get it now. :lol: I'm tired. :whistle:

Customisation would really be cool!

Also I love how Cloud calls the Turks false personas and Rude says "Same as you."

Last edited:
Reactions: Wol

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The "Inspire" ability is merely the means of giving Reeve's robot cat it's life-like appearance and appeal. However, Cait Sith is still 100% a robot, and is only called such. It is a robot who can automatically act and be controlled, and this is never questioned or implied otherwise. Reeve being good at this act and making his creation feel like it's alive, is merely a testament to his skill and ability with it.

Most bizarre WTF moment so far:

Palmer, one of the half dozen most powerful people on the Planet, standing in the crowd outside the Honeybee Inn after the show is over, like a regular anonymous customer. Nobody recognises him. He is accompanied only by his PA, who is lecturing him on the need to return to the Shinra Building because he has a meeting to attend.

Palmer_outside_Honeybee_Inn_from_FFVII_Remake.jpg

I found myself in the game! Random NPC lady gazing into the river that flows along the road from Sector 6 to Sector 5. if you speak to her she will share her favourite music with you that she salvaged from the collapse of the Plate. It's the Turks' Theme.

I actually have a wierd soft spot for Palmer. I think it began when Shademp unearthed the unused text for the Honeybee Inn, and it was revealed that Palmer is a favourite with the Honeybees. A man who treats prostitutes with courtesy can't be all bad. So I'm sorry the Remake made him quite so grotesque, though I suppose that was how the the developers always pictured him.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I actually have a wierd soft spot for Palmer. I think it began when Shademp unearthed the unused text for the Honeybee Inn, and it was revealed that Palmer is a favourite with the Honeybees. A man who treats prostitutes with courtesy can't be all bad. So I'm sorry the Remake made him quite so grotesque, though I suppose that was how the the developers always pictured him.

I never knew that he was nice to the Bees in the original. Maybe that would have changed my opinion slightly - I always despised Palmer, because in addition to being complacent with Shinra's actions while collecting his fat paycheck, he was cowardly too.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
latest

He was never exactly a looker.

Top Bottom