SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
So, how did Cloud and others get off the plate at the end? It just jumps from them being on the highway, to the whispers' realm, and then to the badlands without showing how they got there. And somehow I don't think there was a thousand-foot long chain hanging down from the edge like in the OG. That would be a very long descent, and how would Red have managed it? It's especially confusing since the point was made that it was virtually impossible to get up to the plate from the slums, so getting down would've been equally difficult. And where the highway was, there wasn't a mountain of debris for them to climb down. So how'd they get down?

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Cloud 1st Class Outfit Gameplay
Oh my gosh. Thanks for posting it here! I didn't know Cloud could look even more attractive, but this outfit definitely makes wonders. If only someone could do the same trick with him without his gloves taken from that notorious Madame M sequence. Has anyone stumbled upon a gloveless Cloud by any chance?

Apparently Remake data-miners discovered an unused Tseng model. Wonder why they weren’t able to use it for the flashback? (also does 19 indicated that it took 4 years for Shinra, or at least Tseng’s first visit, to find Aerith at Elmyra’s?)
And now I have a strong feeling that we've been fooled. I wonder if things like that are going to be fixed for the PC release.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 Affected By COVID-19
I am pained and saddened to see so many people around the world suffering with the virus and even losing their live. When we set the release date for the game, nobody could have predicted a global pandemic like this, and the release of the game happening during this unprecedented situation has blindsided us.
At this current time, the team are still making the next game via remote working. Our performance will temporarily drop below 100% efficiency because of this, but I do not think there should be a big impact in the long term. I sincerely hope that Final Fantasy VII Remake can provide those who are forced to endure the stress of living under lockdown a moment of relief and enjoyment in these trying times.
Source: TheGuardian.com

Weeros

Pro Adventurer
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 Affected By COVID-19

Source: TheGuardian.com

That should be given.. to me more nerve wrecking quote from the interview was this:

On the ending: will future instalments veer away from the original Final Fantasy VII’s story?

Kitase: I am not able to tell you the answer to that now. I understand that there is a lot of speculation among the fans; that is what we wanted and we’ve really enjoyed seeing these theories and guesses of what the ending means. We wanted the fans to keep the discussion going on social media and keep their excitement high as we head towards the next game.

While I understand it from the business perspective, I really dislike artist leaving things super ambiguous just to ”generate buzz on social media”, particularly if they’re then affected by that in the sequels..

Ugh. The trauma of FFVIIR’s ending is still strong.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It'll be funny when, after they DON'T veer from the story after all, and then release a complete collection that excises all the bullshit mysteries from the end of each part that only existed to drum up "discussion"

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're not going to cut it out. It's baked into the story itself. Was the ambiguity and uncertainty of each KH installment removed upon remaster and re-release? It's an intentional cliffhanger and mystery.

The nature of its ambiguity and purpose will make more sense when we look back at it... 4 years or so from now.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It'll be funny when, after they DON'T veer from the story after all, and then release a complete collection that excises all the bullshit mysteries from the end of each part that only existed to drum up "discussion"

If they don't do it, I will :wacky:

Reactions: Wol

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The ambiguity of different FF titles isn't the same though. In one sense, all stories end on an ambiguous note; characters have a life to live after the "story" is done. In other senses, a lot of stories do tie up most of the lose ends and end with "and then they lived after the story ends".

FF8 and FF9 don't have anywhere near as ambiguous an ending as FF7 did. FF8 in part because it's time-travel, so we know some of what will be happening in the (far) future. SeeD will still be around and will hound Ultimacia when she shows up. FF9 ties up all the endings for most characters, so we don't wonder if they're alive or not.

FF7's ambiguous ending is a different beast because we don't know if the characters survived, but most of the population of the world. The only character we see is Red XIII and his kids, but it's so far in the future that everyone we knew from the game would be dead by then (except Vincent maybe). The nature of Holy itself is means that all of humanity really could have been destroyed. That's... a very different ending compared to most FF games where the world has a whole does survive if not most of the main cast.

Top Bottom