SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I wasn’t talking about sector 7 though, I was talking about the which of the Avalanche trio were still alive by the end of the Remake.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
One thing I am wondering that might be changed during for the Remake (especially since Aerith and Red XIII indicate they already know of Jenova's true history and extra-terrestrial origins), is if in the Nibelheim flashback Sephiroth will still initially think Jenova is a Ancient/Cetra from the old Mansion materials. Since we already know Ifalna told Professor Gast (when they were living in the Northern Continent) that Jenova is/was actually an alien, and presumably Hojo would have later found out as well from Gast's video notes or Ifalna herself while she was living in the Shinra building. One would think the Shinra mansion notes would have been updated to more accurate information.

It always seemed like a unnecessary double revelation for Sephiroth, first going crazy thinking he was an Ancient, and then later being told that off-screen he found out through the Lifestream that Jenova's actually an alien, and being crazy business as usual.
Heh, I’ve been rewatching Chapter 13, and I can’t believe I forgot about this bit of dialogue. Guess that answers my questions as to whether or not they are keeping Sephiroth’s initial misconception.04992A21-37C5-4B67-9A79-B8927A0DA1DE.png

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Guess out of the trio only Jessie truly kicked the bucket. We probably won't hear the end of that one.

And even then, I'm not entirely sure. Biggs has Jessie's glove and bandana on the table. The game makes it a point to show you. She could very well be alive.

In fact, to me none of the Avalanche Trio are confirmed dead. They could pull out an OG Tseng-Rufus and just never show them again so we keep on wondering, but... I'll wait until more evidence comes.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Did a quick run of chapter 1 on hard mode with EXP Up materia equipped. Gained five levels in one run :wacky:
Reaching max level in this game is most non-grindy, I'm already at lvl 45.

Also, I foresee Hard Mode to be tough. The enemies are scaled up and you can't use items at all, and rest spots only replenish HP.

Darudius

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Darudius
One thing I have noticed playing through is Clouds flashbacks of his childhood and tifa are an actual thing and pretty often. I know he doesn't remember his feelings for her until the livestream but it seems odd he remembers most stuff but not that. I'm assuming however he doesn't actually remember wanting to join solider to impress her because he liked her yet in the remake , if at all?

Perhaps he's puzzled by the flashbacks. We, who know the whole story, know what they signify, but what if Cloud doesn't? What if he has almost no memories of Tifa - but then when Jessie asks him whether they're close, suddenly he gets this snapshot, this gif almost, and it's vivid and seems important.... But he has no idea what it means. Was he ignoring her? Why was he ignoring her? Did he know those other kids? Were they his friends? Were he and Tifa friends? Was that his own front door he was opening? Oh, but now the memory's gone again, and the memory of having had that memory is gone too....

I really miss the static pre-rendered backgrounds. Obviously what we have now is much more realistic, but I miss being able to take in the entire scene in a glance.

Tets, are there any rest spots in Chapter 1?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Licorice,; I think you are onto something - we know Jenova is able to cover up most times for Cloud's memories and affect his brains in ways we don't fully grasp yet, but it's probable that his memories with Tifa are so important to him that Jenova cannot hide them all the time. They affect him and probably, just like his time spent with Avalanche, Aerith and Tifa change him throughout the game, every time he has a flashback, then certainly something inside of him does change too.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Reading more about how Hojo is in this first episode I just found out he went from trying to not only pimp out Aerith with Red, but also breeding her with SOLDIERS in general (including Sephiroth). I guess he's upgraded to a Aerith x Sephiroth twisted shipper.

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I mean, it's a declaration of surprise that the ladder gave way. It might be an odd choice for Aerith specifically, but I think it's a way for the English script writers to make her sound a bit tougher, which feeds into the point she was making as well. I think there could be a conversation of the scripts peppering of profanity overall though.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I just went through chapter 3 last night, and a bit of NPC dialogue caught my eye (since I already spoiled myself on the ending). Went something like this:

Woman: The new Loveless production is incredible!
Vendor: Oh yeah? Is it any different from the annual production they usually do?
Woman: Not really, but the ending is very different.

I see what you're doing there Square...

Top Bottom