• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Quick thoughts on this trailer:

- Gorgeous visuals, especially the scene where Cloud sees Aeris in her red dress.
- Loved seeing the squats minigame, and was even more interested in seeing some sort of chin-up duel between Tifa and someone.
- Like the change with the president appearing via hologram. Makes a lot more sense than the original version. They could have toned down some of his cackling, but it's not a big deal.
- I remember Reno having a bit more of an edge and sinister vibe when he first turns up in the original game...but it might have been goofier than I recall, to be fair.
- Not a fan of some of the voice acting, to be honest, although I do like Aeris and Tifa. A Japanese option with subtitles in the game will be fantastic. Speaking of that, is there no subbed version of the Japanese trailer? Surprised that I couldn't find even a fan translation anywhere.

Overall, I like it! Surprised that it has turned out this well, actually.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I already can hear that Tifa says "pinch" in Japanese and doesn't say "bind" in the English one. So I'm curious how they'll be handling that plot element. Might also have just been an easier way to present a line in the trailer and not sound weird/out of context and it will be different in the real game.

But I'm sure people will make a mountain of it anyway when the comparisons come out, lol

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The voice acting in this trailer is awkward. Reno's "Now it's my turn!" is especially weak to me. When the Keepers of Fate are attacking, the bodies of Barret and company appear distressed, but their voices sound like someone acting distressed, like it's just placed over the action. I've always been critical of SE's English voice direction and I'm afraid that'll continue here.

Really digging Rude's suit, though I'm bothered that his skin tone isn't darker.

Seeing the train's security scan is nice. Took me a moment to figure out what it was. We've come a long way from just flashing the screen red!

Also love seeing Eligor and any continued use of FF7's archaic enemy designs.

What has me most excited is President Shinra namedropping Wutai. This further backs any theories that Shinra is indirectly assisting AVALANCHE for their own gain: sowing fear into the populace. Twisting AVALANCHE's activism to being a threat from an old enemy will make citizens believe in the necessity of Shinra and SOLDIER even more.

Overall I'm hyped!

Last edited:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
RE: CAT scene...
Aerith and Tifa are definitely grabbing on to Cloud in a playful manner, regardless of exactly when/where it takes place in the narrative, she's not doing it out of fear/anxiety.
I think you're right about Aerith, but Tifa's face tells a different story. I wouldn't be surprised she's a scaredy cat when it comes to ghosts or unwordly stuff (she needs something to make contact with her fists after all). Aerith could hide her fear with a smile, or she actually use it as chance to get closer to Cloud (the latter seems more likely). Whatever... in the end, both want that Cloud is clearing out the way for them, what in conclusion will trigger the mini-boss fight against Eligor, who already seems to frightened them enough beforehand, what brings us back to the situation we find them in. That's only how I interpret it anyway...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
But I'm sure people will make a mountain of it anyway when the comparisons come out, lol
i shall make that comparison and those mountains

but not now because it's late and i want to go to bed

also i like the look of the scene at the end, what seems to be the aftermath of the plate falling. i think it'd be good if that were the first time you see the sky or sunlight in midgar, that kind of contrast with nice scenery juxtaposed with horrible destruction.

i thought that might mean the scene with rude happened after that, but if aerith is there then it the order would be wrong (following the original story). so i guess that could be the edge of midgar, which iirc you can get to in the original game from the church after escaping.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
The voice acting in this trailer is awkward. Reno's "Now it's my turn!" is especially weak to me. When the Keepers of Fate are attacking, the bodies of Barret and company appear distressed, but their voices sound like someone acting distressed, like it's just placed over the action. I've always been critical of SE's English voice direction and I'm afraid that'll continue here.

Yep. I have to remind myself that we're watching something that is dubbed, not the original version, and then it makes more sense. I wish they had taken more care over the English voice acting -- I'm fine with Tifa and Aeris, but the rest seem a bit mixed in quality during this trailer. I wish they had taken more of a BioWare route here. The voice acting in the Dragon Age games, for example, is normally pretty good. I'll be happy as long as we get the option for Japanese audio and subs.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
RE: CAT scene...
I think you're right about Aerith, but Tifa's face tells a different story. I wouldn't be surprised she's a scaredy cat when it comes to ghosts or unwordly stuff (she needs something to make contact with her fists after all). Aerith could hide her fear with a smile, or she actually use it as chance to get closer to Cloud (the latter seems more likely). Whatever... in the end, both want that Cloud is clearing out the way for them, what in conclusion will trigger the mini-boss fight against Eligor, who already seems to frightened them enough beforehand, what brings us back to the situation we find them in. That's only how I interpret it anyway...

I agree that Tifa probably does have some sincere anxiety/nervousness going into the graveyard (which stills fits with her character), but my main point was more about Aerith grabbing on in a playful manner, which is also consistent with her own characterization, and not an indication of her being “damseled”.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer

In some Japanese versions of the Demo, Barret’s Japanese voice actor “sings” the victory fanfare after defeating some enemies.

Link to other demo footage videos: http://novacrystallis.com/2019/09/f...feed-gameplay-footage-coming-out-of-tgs-2019/

That Mako Rector theme.....I need more. :lexcited:

I like how various lights are flickering or just not working all over the reactor:
AhONJEL.png

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I actually prefer the original Mako Reactor track. That noise oscillating from left to right and the tinny, metalic sounding instrument really gave it power plant vibes. This one just sounds like a standard dungeon theme due to the instrument choice.
Oh I definitely prefer the original over this, as so far it doesn't have that industrial/creepy feel to it. I want to hear more of it though, and without all the SFX of crate smashing.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
One interesting thing I noticed watching the Demos is that the Reactor 1 line "Watch out! This isn't just a reactor!!" from Cloud’s glitch-out moment got removed. Which I suppose isn’t too surprising as Shademp explained a while ago that line was likely a remnant of a scrapper Nibelheim flashback script, so it arguably didn’t have much utility even in the OG; and just confused people more since the remnant line is based from a memory of Sephiroth talking, while during the rest of the OG, Cloud’s inner voice during his glitches/freak-outs was his kid “true” self.

While I don't have the Japanese transcription of the Early Material File in front of me, the general consensus is that the line
"Watch out! This isn't just a reactor!!"

目をさませ!​
ここはただの発電所じゃない!!​

is a remnant from a scrapped Nibelheim flashback script.

Sephiroth: "Cloud. That mako reactor is no ordinary power plant."

While it is definitely possible that Sephiroth's calm line was at some point changed to the loud "ここはただの発電所じゃない!!" during development, I'd still like to have more data on the topic.

Hang on, I'm gonna look up the UO page.

EDIT: Okay here's the excerpt from page 526 of the Ultimania Omega. It's looking like what I assumed to be a note by the translator is actually an in-book note. :wacky:

Official note translated:

EDIT #2: And for good measure here is the Japanese transcription that confirms the origin of this mysterious line in Reactor #1.

※製品版での壱番魔晄炉爆破時にクラウドの頭に響く「ここはただの発電所じゃ​
ない」という声は、もともと上記のセフィロスとの会話からきていた。​

Though even with this official confirmation it leaves us wondering how Sephiroth's calm statement became an exclamation, assuming Sephiroth is even still the speaker in the "Watch out! This isn't just a reactor!!" line.

EDIT #3:

カームでの回想​
神羅屋敷地下にて​
セフィロス「クラウドよ。あの魔晄炉はただの発電所じゃない。​
神羅の本当の目的はもっと別のところにあるんだ」​
クラウド「どういうことだ?」​
セフィロス「この星の大地に染みこんでいるエネルギーは、た​
だのエネルギーではない。そもそもこれはどこからきているの​
だと思う?われわれの科学では計り知れない物質がどこから​
生まれてくる?何もないところからくるのか?この星が作​
り出しているのか?そしてこのエネルギーが行き着くところ​
は何なのか?ただ電気を灯すだけの電力なのか?​
うじゃない。神羅はその本当の潜在力に気づき出したんだ。そ​
の実験がこの魔晄炉さ。そして俺も……」​
※製品版での壱番魔晄炉爆破時にクラウドの頭に響く「ここはただの発電所じゃ​
ない」という声は、もともと上記のセフィロスとの会話からきていた。​

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
TGS19 Compilación de carga de juego demo:

Eurogamer:

The Eurogamer one takes the cake. It has the most informative/interesting commentary, and the least amount of it. You can actually listen to the demo for the most part! I love Rob & Dave from PS Access, but Eurogamer nailed it, including what it looks like to kill the boss with a basic spell, which is something I was interested in seeing.

After thinking about it for a while, I really don't like the hologram president at reactor No. 5. It's not as if the Prez had all that many scenes before his untimely death, so every appearance is vital towards building his character. That ballsy, arrogant way he confronted the terrorists face to face with no obvious protection said a lot about the kind of man he was, and therefore a lot about the nature of Shinra. He's a greedy, cruel, obsessive sociopath; he really doesn't have to be a coward as well. The OG had a lot to say about the nature of good and evil and good people doing bad things. I hope the Remake isn't going to over-write all of that with something more simplistic.

Top Bottom