• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

pxp

Pro Adventurer
After thinking about it for a while, I really don't like the hologram president at reactor No. 5. It's not as if the Prez had all that many scenes before his untimely death, so every appearance is vital towards building his character. That ballsy, arrogant way he confronted the terrorists face to face with no obvious protection said a lot about the kind of man he was, and therefore a lot about the nature of Shinra. He's a greedy, cruel, obsessive sociopath; he really doesn't have to be a coward as well. The OG had a lot to say about the nature of good and evil and good people doing bad things. I hope the Remake isn't going to over-write all of that with something more simplistic.
Extending your analysis of his character, he might be a boss later at some point. So in that context the hologram might be fine ...

Edit: on another note I’m getting slightly concerned that the music is all gonna be orchestral and therefore ‘monotone’. The industrial/electronic OG style is so much about what gave it a unique feel.

cun10294

Pro Adventurer
Couldn't said that I'm heartfully enjoy Tifa's face. It's indeed more mellow and softer than her original version, which is closer to her true personality. But Tifa always has a prideful and confident side, especially when it comes to fighting ability, so I would prefer her face to be a little more like the AC ver or the G-bike one, they're perfect.

Unlessss, they her want to have a character development at her stage of being the team leader and bringing Cloud back, and from there on, she will gain the confidence face, This theory works for me at least.

Foz

Rookie Adventurer
After thinking about it for a while, I really don't like the hologram president at reactor No. 5. It's not as if the Prez had all that many scenes before his untimely death, so every appearance is vital towards building his character. That ballsy, arrogant way he confronted the terrorists face to face with no obvious protection said a lot about the kind of man he was, and therefore a lot about the nature of Shinra. He's a greedy, cruel, obsessive sociopath; he really doesn't have to be a coward as well. The OG had a lot to say about the nature of good and evil and good people doing bad things. I hope the Remake isn't going to over-write all of that with something more simplistic.

I have to disagree. I personally think the way they present him in that scene is a fantastic idea. I'm trying to think realistically about this, but would a president of a tyrannical company really show up in person risking his own life by putting himself in range of a man with a gun for an arm? I doubt that. It's also a cool way to show off the kind of technology they have at their disposal and how they use it. The idea is quite clever imo. Plus @Vyzzuvazzadth pointed out in his rough analysis that when they do the close up on his holographic face, you can see the Shinra building in the background. Granted, it's a little hard to see but still a very nice touch.

We'll obviously be seeing a loooooot more of the president in this game considering its only setting is Midgar. I wouldn't worry about him being portrayed as a coward.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Yep. I have to remind myself that we're watching something that is dubbed, not the original version, and then it makes more sense. I wish they had taken more care over the English voice acting -- I'm fine with Tifa and Aeris, but the rest seem a bit mixed in quality during this trailer. I wish they had taken more of a BioWare route here. The voice acting in the Dragon Age games, for example, is normally pretty good. I'll be happy as long as we get the option for Japanese audio and subs.

I do want to point out that while it's a different vocal performance, it's not really a dub in any way.

The character's facial models, expressions, and lips are all synced to the English version uniquely to the Japanese version. That's also why the Japanese version of the trailer and the English version of the trailer aren't exactly the same (in addition to slightly different gameplay footage being used for things like the battle with Rude). The only time we'd potentially have any dubs are if there are some pre-rendered cutscenes where they don't re-time the dialogue.

There's no reason for assuming that they're not taking a lot of care about the voice acting when compared to any other game or project, especially when with the limited evidence that we do have – the opposite is true. I think that just about the only thing that stands out to me with the English voices in this trailer is that some of them aren't quite mixed at the same levels as they're likely to be in game, so that the dialogue stands out more clearly in a way that makes them feel like they're added in separately – because they are. By the time the game is released, hopefully any of those will be sorted out.

On another note about the new SOLDIER we see there, this is VERY clearly meant to bring in some weight to this little bit of dialogue from the OG that we never really get the payoff that it deserved:

Barret
Yo, Cloud! There's somethin' I wanna ask ya.
Was there anyone from SOLDIER fighting us today?

Cloud
None. I'm positive.

Barret
You sound pretty sure.

Cloud
If there was anyone from SOLDIER you wouldn't be standing here now.

Barret
Don't you go thinkin' you so bad jes cuz you was in SOLDIER.

The First Class SOLDIER on the motorcycle is EXACTLY the sort of thing that I want to see that will sell this weight through showing rather than telling. It also makes it a lot more realistic that the President doesn't recognize him later on when he shows up via hologram if we know the other sort of bombastic and anime-ac-fuck-looking people that are in First Class. (Also, that change makes it a lot more believable that he'd confront them remotely if these are the sort of crazy powerful people he's used to dealing with).

X:neo:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Not the trailer, but apparently on display at TGS (images from Beyond Midgar):

CF8pV00l.jpg

NlvaCC8l.jpg

K8oWnbtl.jpg

tzrf0UUl.jpg

Finally... Rude gets a little love. Now, where's Tseng?

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
They did a great job w/ the Reno and Rude action figures.

Re: the voice acting - Aeris (she'll always be Aeris to me), Tifa and Jessie all sound too much alike, and any scenes that have two of them in it at any given time are awkward, because it sounds like it could be the same voiceover for both. This is especially apparent in the part of the trailer where Aeris and Tifa are with Cloud:

Aeris: "It'll be fiiiiiine, right?"
Tifa: "After you."

They sound like the same voice actor.

I really wish they had more variety in the voices. That's my only real gripe w/ the game so far, and it's a big one because voices have such a significant reflection on a character's personality. Neither Aeris nor Tifa should sound like anyone else in the game.

I think they did a much better job w/ the males. Cloud, Barrett, Biggs and Rude (as well as Corneo) are all well done and sound distinct, but like so many female characters that have matriculated from Japan over the years the girls sound too 'anime' and similar to each other.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Not the trailer, but apparently on display at TGS (images from Beyond Midgar):

CF8pV00l.jpg

NlvaCC8l.jpg

K8oWnbtl.jpg

tzrf0UUl.jpg

Finally... Rude gets a little love. Now, where's Tseng?
Nanaki is up there with the other LEGO figs, and they're listed under the "FFVII Remake" title so that's basically a confirmation that he's gonna appear here still even though we haven't seen him officially in the game itself yet.

X :neo:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
the girls sound too 'anime'

Ok, so this is something that has always bothered me. I can't get into anime for one reason more than any other: the constant, unnecessary, and completely unnatural gasps. Not just by the girls, by everyone.

For example:

It's just SO GODDAMN ANNOYING. Nobody in the history of ever has emoted in such a ridiculous manner.

I just really hope the remake isn't rife with that garbage.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
*2019-09-11 Update*

New trailer released on the official FFVIIR websites.

English

Japanese

Google translate:
TOKYO GAME SHOW2019 (9/12 (Thurs.) to 9/15 (Sun.)) We will exhibit “FINAL FANTASY VII Remake” trial and photo spot at SQUANI booth. For trial play, there is also a priority play slot for Square Members only. Check the details below.​

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs19/lineup/ffvii_remake/

More google translate:
<About priority trial tour>​
[Limited to Squeni Members! Priority trial invitation]
77 people will be invited by lottery from the members of the sukueni members for the priority trial of "Final Fantasy VII Remake".​
The implementation date is two days, September 14 (Saturday) and 15 (Sunday). (There are no business days on the 12th and 13th.)​
The application deadline is until Sunday, September 8. Please apply.​
[Square Enix App Special Project Special Clear File Present! ]
When you read the QR code of the Square Enix in-app ticket on the dedicated terminal set up on the day of the event, you will receive a special clear file with the “Final Fantasy VII Remake” pattern.​
The implementation date is two days, September 14 (Saturday) and 15 (Sunday). (There will be no business day on the 12th and 13th.)​
Please download the Square Enix app and come to the special counter.​
Looks like more of those advent children shadow monsters ?‍♂️. I hope too much doesn't cross over from the compilation.

Top Bottom