• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
@ForceStealer You must admit though, it really looks that way. It beggars belief. But, it's possible. Cloud's sword could be a hit box, and Tifa is programmed to cut her 'kickoff' short if she collides with hit boxes.... I dunno. It could be something they are trying out that might not make it to the final game, because.... how could you do that across an entire game without exploding a PS4?

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
It was a combination of lucky timing and the "wrong" angle that were going along with the animations of both characters what created this... MASTERPIECE *cough* *cough*. But seriously, we already saw her do jumps in midair without any aid though, and unfortunately they confirmed a long time ago that link- or team attacks, like we had in FFXV, will not be present in the Remake.

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
link- or team attacks, like we had in FFXV, will not be present in the Remake
Cait Sith is a walking team
tenor.gif

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
In other observations, Lex, Tetsujin and I discuss this in our soon-to-be-released trailer analysis. But I really enjoy that the hallucination of Sephiroth causes Cloud to forget his surroundings and draw his sword somewhere without the room, banging it on the door frame. It shows how all-consuming the hallucination is.

You guys did a great job w/ the new trailer analysis. I really enjoy those, and I haven't seen anyone else out there doing a frame-by-frame in depth analysis like that. Thank you.

Also agree about the little nuances like the sword on the door frame. It gives the game depth and makes everything feel more real / less scripted.

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
It was a combination of lucky timing and the "wrong" angle that were going along with the animations of both characters what created this... MASTERPIECE *cough* *cough*. But seriously, we already saw her do jumps in midair without any aid though, and unfortunately they confirmed a long time ago that link- or team attacks, like we had in FFXV, will not be present in the Remake.

Might I get a link to where that was being talked about? Feel like it would be a shame for SE to miss out on such a cool implementation. Not like it would take anything away from a seemingly great battle system already. Or perhaps they're saving it for later parts where you could acquire the means to perform such attacks?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
After watching TLS frame-by-frame breakdown (which was fantastic as always!) I noticed that a yellow bar appears at the top of the screen right when Cloud gets turned into a frog. It looked like the FFXV encounter bar to me, except it didn't reach all the way across the screen. I wonder what that's supposed to be?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
After watching TLS frame-by-frame breakdown (which was fantastic as always!) I noticed that a yellow bar appears at the top of the screen right when Cloud gets turned into a frog. It looked like the FFXV encounter bar to me, except it didn't reach all the way across the screen. I wonder what that's supposed to be?
Maybe it's a timer?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
It disappears while he's still a frog though. My guess is it's a text box that's had the text edited out of it, or maybe some kind of resistance gauge. Like, if an enemy's regular attacks cause frog, every hit fills the bar until you get hit by the status. In this case, Cloud gets hit by a spell so it just fills the bar instantly.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
It disappears while he's still a frog though. My guess is it's a text box that's had the text edited out of it, or maybe some kind of resistance gauge. Like, if an enemy's regular attacks cause frog, every hit fills the bar until you get hit by the status. In this case, Cloud gets hit by a spell so it just fills the bar instantly.
You might be right.

I haven't actually watched the video yet

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Well, I used my feeble MS Paint skills to take a screenshot. Watching it again, it's more or a pulse than a bar or box, so I doubt there was ever any text involved.

This is only for comparison's sake, but in the Japanese trailer it didn't prompt at all! Maybe they're still working on a infobox that speaks out your newly attached status effect in battle, in addition to the symbolized meaning. The frog status is not a good example, because of the obvious transformation, but there could be status effects that aren't so visibly different than others.

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
Speaking as a Game Developer myself I'd say they have different builds of the game with varying levels of environmental detail, gameplay mechanics, UI mechanics, etc. in their development and testing environments. These, if they pass testing and approval, will eventually be pushed to the production (final) build of the game.

For anyone not familiar with how that works - builds can act as different, standalone 'versions' of the game that can be used for development, testing or demos for your audience. Code and assets from these builds or "branches" can then be merged into the live (production/final) build.

It's pretty common for there to be different versions or builds of the game floating about until final release. Looked to me like the TGS gameplay was on a different build than E3 with the choice of 20/30m timer for the bomb, Jessie showing up on the lower platform of the reactor, etc.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Might I get a link to where that was being talked about?
Sorry, for the late reply! It needed a little bit more searching than I thought. Nomura mentioned it at one point of several interviews (I think it was Famitsu), that was hold at the time the game was announced 4 years ago. Tibits from this interview were posted at NovaCrystallis.

http://novacrystallis.com/2015/12/nomura-kitase-talk-final-fantasy-vii-remake-development-progress/

The last point is about party interactions in battle:
Another system that is not yet shown involves your party. It is different from party cooperation, though.
So whatever that is, and assuming that aspect is still part of the battle system, it's something they haven't introduced to us yet.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Sorry, for the double-post!

I want to share a little theory of mine in regards to the red Materia, that prompts up in Cloud's status box after calling Ifrit.

After the Summon gauge is filled up, Cloud calls upon Ifrit through Tactical Mode on the battle field, but instead of red Materia used for invoking the spell, the purple Materia equipt in Cloud's Hardedge is flashing up. It seems like the whole Materia categoring system will be overhauled and Summons are replacing the 'independent' category, or they are rearranging the colour schemes. The reason why it still shows a red Materia in Cloud's status box could be a designed nod from the devs, directed to the OG. But what is the meaning behind the symbol, except to show who's Summon is fighting on the field? Is that necessary at all? At first, I thought it would be used to indentify Cloud as the only one capable of issue commands, or spend ATB bars for his Summon, but that's NOT the case here. We are seeing through Aerith's and Tifa's use of Tactical Mode, that they also have access to Ifrit's abilities. So, why show it in the first place? My guess so far is that symbol is an reminder for the player to know, which characters still can summon their beasts for supporting them in battle. Yep, that's my conclusion! It could be a great indicator, that the player is able to fight alongside more than one Summon.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I don’t believe that at all. Either the red materia appears purple because of a green tint over the sewer field, or summon materia is purple now b/c the devs forgot about independent materia :awesomonster:

Is it confirmed that Tifa and Aeris can issue commands to Cloud’s summon? Photo please, I can’t scrub through the footage if I can’t actually read what I’m looking for.

Either way I believe that only one summon on the field is the limit of what they can do at this time.

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
I don’t believe that at all. Either the red materia appears purple because of a green tint over the sewer field, or summon materia is purple now b/c the devs forgot about independent materia :awesomonster:

Is it confirmed that Tifa and Aeris can issue commands to Cloud’s summon? Photo please, I can’t scrub through the footage if I can’t actually read what I’m looking for.

Either way I believe that only one summon on the field is the limit of what they can do at this time.

They never showed it, but I think he's referring to the fact that you can see the "Summon Ability" command here on Aerith's menu even though Cloud was the one who summoned Ifrit.

zs1DP7e.png

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
In regard to summons, I think it’s unlikely that you can have multiple of them at the same time. Here is my take on the system:
  • Each character can only equip one summon materia at a time.
  • You can bring up to 3 summons into a battle (assuming max party limit of 3 like the OG). However, all summons will share a single build-up bar, thus you can theoretically summon all 3, but only one after another.
  • A possible reason for allowing all characters to control the summon is to avoid possible loss of control. For example, if Cloud is being pinned down or killled in this fight, you risk being locked out of any control over Ifrit until Cloud is saved/revived or worse, the entire summon duration.
I could see the choice and timing of your summon starting to matter more later into the game. In early stages like this, not so much.

Although it would be awesome to watch all the summons getting unleashed in one go, I feel that would a) be too broken and b) blow up your PS4 into smithereens faster than they blow up the battlefield. :desu:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

I don't think it's so much that they forgot as in an action rpg, you don't need Materia to make character choose other actions on their turn then "Fight".

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
From all the footage we've seen, I actually feel like we've seen a lot of the general story from what this game is going to cover, haha. The first reactor and boss, Corneo, a bit of the wall market, Tifa's bar, The Turks, Sephiroth, President Shinra, some of the Shinra building, a flash of when the plate falls down and the battle before it...

Very curious to see how they're going to handle part two, because that will be an even bigger undertaking. How do you handle the world map? All the completely different locations you visit?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Yeah, they've shown us a lot, but I think there's also gonna be a lot of new story material as well. The events of the original I think aren't gonna be in one continuous sequence like before but I think will be broken up by many further missions with the AVALANCHE trio and other new story elements. There's probably going to be a lot more new than remade, they just wanted to show us a lot of what we already knew of from the original to get us excited. They also said they wanted to surprise us, so we should be prepared for the unexpected as well.

"Forget all you know, or think you know." The High Aldwin, Willow

Top Bottom