• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Just tell me one thing. Did any of you even notice she wasn't in it until I said something? For those who didn't, that's my point. That's how she gets forgotten.
Having dug through all the datamined stuff from the demo you are whining for absolutely no reason, so allow me to nip this in the bud: There are completely new sections of the game -- large ones -- dedicated entirely to fleshing out the members of Avalanche, especially Jessie.

This trailer just focuses on sections of the game they can't be involved in.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Hell no I didn't notice she was in it. I watched the trailer maybe twice before coming here to discuss all the new things that were in the trailer--most of which is stuff I've been excited about since this whole remake was announced. Teenage Tifa and Cloud in Nibelheim! Jenova for some reason!(?) The Shinra Tower staircase! RED XIII, MY BOY LOOKS SO GOOD!

Instead the conversation is yet more concern over Jessie. I'm going to be blunt: I don't care about Jessie right now, and from what I've seen of the Remake, that ain't changing. She's not my kind of character; never has been, never will be. Is that a bad thing? Nope. Does that in any way impact how much you like her? Also nope.

Finally, I think it's impossible to forget a character before the game that features them even comes out. We don't even know Remake!Jessie yet, how are we supposed to forget about her?

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
So something that struck me just now while re-watching the trailer and that final scene with the Watchmen of Fate rapidly circling and obscuring Shinra HQ as Aerith states them to not be the real threat, I'm wondering if we can expect some sizable changes to their (the company, executives, etc.) story arc as compared to the original.

In the original game after the escape from Midgar, they are consistently a thorn in your side yet and not quite relegated to a lesser foe as you chase after Sephiroth. Hell, they even prove their capability and mettle very late into the game with their victories over Sapphire Weapon, Diamond Weapon and the removal of the barrier over the Northern Crater.

I can't help but feel that the near entirety of the HQ tower being obscured by the Watchmen of Fate has some symbolism to it, about how truly feeble they are and overshadowed by the greater threat Aerith hints at. Aside from how easily disposed of President Shinra is, there was nothing else equivalent shown in the original game this early.

Maybe the Thingummies of Fate are swarming round Shinra Tower because Jenova is in there?

OK, I'm gonna pull a Jairus and say I'd like to know whether the Turks know anything at all of what Aerith knows. No matter how badass and nonchalant you are, there's no way you'd willingly go to work every day in a tower that you know is surrounded by a swarm of ragged death. Nevertheless, I'm going to bet they know something, and all this will be part of the extended material. IIRC, back when the OG was in its very early stages, the thing that made Turks Turks was their special ability to sense when someone was receptive to Jenova power. I wonder if SE will import something of this idea into the new game.

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Only twice, Force. And Tifa doesn't mention them at all, yet they were her friends, too.

Suz, as I've said before, while the majority of the trailer does focus on the latter half, Biggs and Wedge were still in it. Which means Jessie could have been in it, too. And it's good that there are sections of the game dedicated to fleshing out the trio and I'm glad for that, but I hope that there are at least some segments of it where it's just her and Cloud. That he at least calls her by name once.

Cannon, I was talking about Jessie in general, not just her remake version. And she can still be remembered, what we've seen of her remake self.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Pandemonium, SE specifically said early on that they wanted to develop and explore the AVALANCHE trio. Them specifically. That's why I bring this up. I want them to hold to their word in every way, give them the renders and treatment every other significant character in the game has gotten. And I'm talking also about the players, I want them to remember her as much as the other characters and not forget about her.
I know they did, and that's why I said we will probably get to do sidequests and other stuff in my first reply. "They've given her more spotlight in every trailer up until this point. It looks like she'll have a larger role in the remake than she did in the OG. I'm sure we'll even get to do sidequests with her and the other AVALANCHE members."

Who are the significant characters though? If it's Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, and Barrett, I don't see SE giving the trio that much shine. I never took SE saying they were gonna expand on the trio, meant they were going to give them that large of a role. I took it as they would expand on them some more, but still have them be characters in the background

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Oh my God, I'm so done with another thread getting thrown into disarray because of Jessie. So I'm just not gonna talk about her.

My girl Scarlet, on the other hand... mmff. I would pay good money to be that ottoman. Lucky grunt.

And Red XIII looks and sounds amazeballs! I'm still trying to figure out if he gets involved with combat tho... Anyone pick any particular frames out that indicate one way or the other?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Oh my God, I'm so done with another thread getting thrown into disarray because of Jessie. So I'm just not gonna talk about her.

My girl Scarlet, on the other hand... mmff. I would pay good money to be that ottoman. Lucky grunt.

And Red XIII looks and sounds amazeballs! I'm still trying to figure out if he gets involved with combat tho... Anyone pick any particular frames out that indicate one way or the other?
Red's in the fight with Jenova, next to Cloud and Tifa (around 3:08). He doesn't show up in the menu though, so maybe he's just a guest at that time?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I was looking forward to seeing more of Scarlet as well! I want to see Lucrecia even more though

Jairus

Jairus you're going to unintentionally drive everyone here to disliking Jessie. We'll see her plenty, just move on.

Because they can't separate the character from the person talking about her? And I think people are misunderstanding me. I'm not talking for the most part about how much she'll be in the game. I get that she'll be more involved than in the original. I'm talking about people remembering her in general and not forgetting that she's a part of the game. About them not getting so caught up in the new stuff that they overlook and forget the characters that weren't shown. What I want is for her to be remembered by the players along with every other character and not forgotten.

Anyway, I hope Red will be fully playable, and Leviathan looks good!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Honestly though

giphy.gif

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
Okay, let me join the hype train:

✩✩✩ THIS TRAILER IS BEAUTIFUL!! ✩✩✩​

Oh My God, I'm at work and my friends in here saw me fangirl like crazy (I had to do it quietly because, of course, I'm at an office with a lot of people in it) because of how perfect this is!! Oh ffs, Cloudette LMAO I mean--- I can't even express how hyper I am, I'm so sorry I look like a crazy lady right now AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! I LOVE IT!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Red's in the fight with Jenova, next to Cloud and Tifa (around 3:08). He doesn't show up in the menu though, so maybe he's just a guest at that time?
As of the demo build, yes, he's treated as a guest party member. Normally I wouldn't spoil, but this is a case where I feel expectations should be checked.

Granted, things may change, and there's always DLC, but with the way this game is structured and how it flows compared to the original, there doesn't seem to be a "party handling system" incorporated yet. Which makes sense; up until you leave Midgar your party composition is dictated by the story, and Red XIII is introduced during a section of the game which, seems to me, would have to be beyond the game's point of no return, considering it's a straight shot from the Shinra HQ raid to the finale. Meaning the Remake's new open-ended postgame content should obviously takes place prior to the raid.

On the plus side, the PHS and fully playable Red XIII should be introduced right off the bat in Part II, if that's the case. Or maybe he'll stay a guest until Cosmo Canyon? That might actually be more impactful.

Hell, I'm still over here hoping they bring in Cobalt and Indigo...

Jairus

Forgot to mention, Pandemonium, that SE does have precedent for expanding an NPC to a PC-level role - Serah from XIII to XIII-2. So it's not unheard of, though I don't expect the trio to get pushed up to that level. I just want people to remember them, Jessie especially, as much as they remember all the other characters from the game, that's all. Being an NPC shouldn't mean having to be remembered less.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Jairus, please pay very close attention:

I wasn't putting down anyone's way of talking about the trailer.

Just tell me one thing. Did any of you even notice she wasn't in it until I said something? For those who didn't, that's my point. That's how she gets forgotten.

I'm not talking for the most part about how much she'll be in the game. I get that she'll be more involved than in the original. I'm talking about people remembering her in general and not forgetting that she's a part of the game. About them not getting so caught up in the new stuff that they overlook and forget the characters that weren't shown.

Until you are able to show the self-awareness to recognize the contradictions between what you claim in that first quote contrasted with what you demonstrate in those other two -- stop posting about the trailer with regard to Jessie.

I am not telling you to stop talking about anything that isn't in the trailer while discussing the trailer, but I very much am explicitly telling you to stop discussing the same subject regarding what isn't in the trailer.

We're all loud and clear on where you feel it falls short. Now everyone else wants to enjoy the moment, so you're either going to determine you want to try being part of that or you're going to decide you would prefer to be unable to post in this section for the next 24 hours.
---

To everyone else, so we're all clear: we're not going to poke fun at the Jessie subject now either. Let's focus overall on what's in the trailer and be positive about all the reasons we have to be positive.

Jairus

I wasn't saying people were wrong for what they liked about the trailer. I was just voicing an opinion that I wished they would remember her in addition to that, that's all. But I'll stop there. I can see your point about letting people enjoy the moment.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
As of the demo build, yes, he's treated as a guest party member. Normally I wouldn't spoil, but this is a case where I feel expectations should be checked.

Granted, things may change, and there's always DLC, but with the way this game is structured and how it flows compared to the original, there doesn't seem to be a "party handling system" incorporated yet. Which makes sense; up until you leave Midgar your party composition is dictated by the story, and Red XIII is introduced during a section of the game which, seems to me, would have to be beyond the game's point of no return, considering it's a straight shot from the Shinra HQ raid to the finale. Meaning the Remake's new open-ended postgame content should obviously takes place prior to the raid.

On the plus side, the PHS and fully playable Red XIII should be introduced right off the bat in Part II, if that's the case. Or maybe he'll stay a guest until Cosmo Canyon? That might actually be more impactful.

Hell, I'm still over here hoping they bring in Cobalt and Indigo...
I'm totally okay with that, personally. I'll be even more okay with that if he is the kind of guest character that makes you say, "Damn, that was cool." Makes his playable debut in the next part even more exciting.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
What contradictions? How was what I said contradictory? I'll let the rest go, I just want to understand that.
You said you weren't putting down anyone else's way of digesting the trailer. You were putting down others' ways of digesting the trailer.

Also: you said you "don't want people getting so caught up in the new stuff." It's not your prerogative how others enjoy this trailer.

That's it. Now, everyone please do as requested.

Top Bottom