Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete Digital Release Poll - 720p or 1080p

720p or 1080p Release

• 720p

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 1080p

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't release. Force people to buy it!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ah I see. I wish that were the case at my house. lol

Even still, try plugging directly into your router. :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Depends on how much you have to lift/want to lift. :wacky:

And the emotes are in their normal spots. :huh:

Katrak

>.>
uTorrent ftw. I can get 1.0mb/s on my fios with a good torrent, so I'm hoping that comes in handy today >.> I wonder how big it's going to be since it's bluray and all.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
+1 for uTorrent. Small, and easy to use. I doubt you guys will see the BDISO anytime soon on English speaking channels. I've yet to see it on PerfectDark yet.

Wait. I have a question.

Ermm. I'm not much of a computer person so...

Erm. If ever you do get the rip, would you need something to play it. I mean, it is cracked from a blue ray disk..soo...how's the formatting going to be.

*dumb*

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Wait. I have a question.

Ermm. I'm not much of a computer person so...

Erm. If ever you do get the rip, would you need something to play it. I mean, it is cracked from a blue ray disk..soo...how's the formatting going to be.

*dumb*

Usually, rips from Blue ray disks are in .mkv form? I'm not entirely sure, but that's most I encounter.

I play my videos with Media Player Classic. Cuz it's the most awesome, most compatible evar. And don't forget your codecs. :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The only problem with MPC is that it does not currently support Hardware acceleration for 1080p movies, which was what was leading to my issues earlier. There's a Hardware support version that's in development, but I've not had much success with it as of yet.

And trust me, you want to get hardware support for the big stuff. My CPU leaps from 19% use to 100% use when I flip open a 1080 file in MPC sans accelleration.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
The only problem with MPC is that it does not currently support Hardware acceleration for 1080p movies, which was what was leading to my issues earlier. There's a Hardware support version that's in development, but I've not had much success with it as of yet.

And trust me, you want to get hardware support for the big stuff. My CPU leaps from 19% use to 100% use when I flip open a 1080 file in MPC sans accelleration.

Which is why I voted for 720p. :awesome:

If they release it as 1080p, what player should I use then? o.o

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm doing research into adequate and free 1080 players ATM. If MPC properly did Hardware accelleration, I wouldn't even be looking.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Uhhmm, powerful cpu, a player that can play matsroka and proper codecs.

I have CCCP and CoreAVC installed. I have no probelm with video files even with 1080p .mkv with Mefia Player Classic / Zoom Player.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I'm doing research into adequate and free 1080 players ATM. If MPC properly did Hardware accelleration, I wouldn't even be looking.

Ah. D: I should start looking as well.

I have CCCP and CoreAVC installed. I have no probelm with video files even with 1080p .mkv with Mefia Player Classic / Zoom Player.

How powerful is your cpu? o.o

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

I'm looking for the people who don't have the best CPUs out there.

Core AVC costs money, however.
And you can play 1080 MKV files with the most recent update of the K-lite pack too, but engaging your hardware for accelleration is still a good idea.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
To clear some stuff up:

1. MPC does support hardware acceleration, that's why I suggested video cards. Search MPC-HC.

2. CoveAVC is the best solution for those who don't have a decent video card. Only install this if your computer stutters when playing the video after installing CCCP.

3. BluRay rips generally come in MKV containers. So installed CCCP will do you fine. Should a rip appear I'll be sure to help those who need it, to set things up.

4. Never install anything like K-Lite, CCCP is your only best choice. K-Lite breaks things and makes things ugly. Only play video with MPC-HC.

5. On page 3 or 4 I posted the min. requirements for playing the videos.

6. The 1080p PS3 copy will come in MPG or VOB and will only offer Hardsubs and maybe only one Audio. The MKV copy will probably have 2 audios and 2 sets of softsubs.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I've been trying MPC-HC, ST (the version I mention I've been trying to use). It's not been successful in rendering 1080 HD videos, even when using the specific settings its site SAYS to use for Vista 64, and actually doesn't render the video or audio at all, even though MPC normal does the job (though taking all or nearly all of my CPU runtime in the process), and it has no issue with other files.
And as for K-lite, I just said it could do the job. I didn't say it was good.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hey was the Jump Fest 2009 trailer in 1080? I remember it's normal size being bigger than my screen but when I clicked on full screen it shank to fit without pixelation. :)

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Ah. D: I should start looking as well.

How powerful is your cpu? o.o

Oh I just meant it's needed (or preferable) to have one to play 1080p.

But mine is ok. It could probably handle it. Meets minimum requrement.

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 8550 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Ram: 3966MB

2. CoveAVC is the best solution for those who don't have a decent video card. Only install this if your computer stutters when playing the video after installing CCCP.

Is it particularly bad to have CoreAVC installed even if it's not laggy/stuttery?

And yeah. CCCP all the way. :headbang:

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I've been trying MPC-HC, ST (the version I mention I've been trying to use). It's not been successful in rendering 1080 HD videos, even when using the specific settings its site SAYS to use for Vista 64, and actually doesn't render the video or audio at all, even though MPC normal does the job (though taking all or nearly all of my CPU runtime in the process), and it has no issue with other files.
And as for K-lite, I just said it could do the job. I didn't say it was good.

Chances are you video card isn't compatible. But if it is, could be the video isn't encode properly to be compatible with DXVA standards. For 64bit Vista I know there are some specific settings that are needed. If picture isn't showing up could be because EVR custom sets aren't set properly.

I'd actually prefer a non-HD rip, if that's possible, so that it would definitely work on people's comoputers. But I'm preparing to buy a male-to-male ended USB cable to get the film from my PC to my PS3, as I haven't got any storage medium big enough to transfer it.

You should set up your PS3 to connect to your PC via Ethernet cable. That's how I transfer all my HD movies to it. Because I'm sure you have ethernet laying around. Or just hook up your PS3 to your router via Ethernet and turn on TVersity (PS3 Media Server Software - Free).

Hey was the Jump Fest 2009 trailer in 1080? I remember it's normal size being bigger than my screen but when I clicked on full screen it shank to fit without pixelation. :)

When it hits the Japanese PSN (unless it's already there) it should be. The only way to record PS3 videos though is through having a HDPVR and most people don't own these :( So the video usually ends up being recorded at 720p and upscaled - then people claim to have the trailer at 1080p. I've been dying to buy a Hauppauge HDPVR but it's too expensive :(

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Is it particularly bad to have CoreAVC installed even if it's not laggy/stuttery?
And yeah. CCCP all the way. :headbang:

No not at all. Just be sure to turn off H264 decoding in CCCP video decoding settings to make sure CoreAVC is being used all the time.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
When it hits the Japanese PSN (unless it's already there) it should be. The only way to record PS3 videos though is through having a HDPVR and most people don't own these :( So the video usually ends up being recorded at 720p and upscaled - then people claim to have the trailer at 1080p. I've been dying to buy a Hauppauge HDPVR but it's too expensive :(

Okay. Well I remember someone taking the actual mp4 they downloaded and put it up for us to download and look at and I was able to play it just fine using VLC. Also a 720 wouldn't be bigger than a 1440x900 monitor at it's largest and need to downscale for fullscreen, would it?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Chances are you video card isn't compatible. But if it is, could be the video isn't encode properly to be compatible with DXVA standards. For 64bit Vista I know there are some specific settings that are needed. If picture isn't showing up could be because EVR custom sets aren't set properly.

Nah, I specifically double checked, and my GPU is HDCP ready. Unless you mean with MPC-CH, which is entirely possible. I'll double check my custom sets when I get home. I thought I had them where it said to set them, but pfeh.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Okay. Well I remember someone taking the actual mp4 they downloaded and put it up for us to download and look at and I was able to play it just fine using VLC. Also a 720 wouldn't be bigger than a 1440x900 monitor at it's largest and need to downscale for fullscreen, would it?

If I'm right, I'm pretty sure you can't copy video files from PS3 to PC because of DRM. Like when I watched Xam'd, PSN exclusive Anime, I had to record via HDPVR to keep them. So the guy probably captured it with a capture card, hence the blockiness you were talking about.

And the picture would stretch to 1440x900 :P Giving you noticable blocks or not noticiable depending on the video and how it was encoded.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh no, no blocks or anything. This was high quality. As I said, in it's full size the window was bigger than my monitor, but when I chose full screen it fit perfectly and ran smoothly with a high quality picture.

Or is that what you meant?

Top Bottom