Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Here's the Mad Dash Vision Card animation:

yETiQRh.gif
Why am I just now seeing this. I love it.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well, seems Jessie got into BE somehow, even if just in an indirect way. I'd be surprised if she ever got her own unit, though. But obviously happy, hehe.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'm quite glad to see Rufus getting some love.

Apparently Aerith's brave shift concept is she goes from Healer to Mage. I'm totally down for that, don't get me wrong we alll know Aerith's a good healer but that girl knows how to use magic its about time she got some acknowledgement for that other than just healing.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah I don't buy it either for the same reason and the fact they did exactly the same with the rewards last year and spread them out and they won't even tell us what's to come or give us some sort of indication of what to expect, the lack of communication or understanding of what we, the playerbase want is shocking. I've given this game the benefit of the doubt so many times when it comes to the bad judgement calls and decisions and i've even defended it or tried to remain positive but right now its getting to tip of the iceberg for me.

There's a lot of talk and rumours about how this is a build up as well towards Neo Visions coming early to us...nobody even wants that, instead the player base wants its missed story events, banners and raids they've mysteriously skipped (FF3 raid anyone???), So many SBBs we're missing, latents, the Global Exclusive Fan Festa units from the contest there seems to be radio silence in this and even the Elena rework (I wanted a Ling rework) and I could go on about the amount of stuff missing or seems to have been forgotten. Not to mention how this anniversary seems to have be more of an excuse to plug and push WOTV instead...sure why not celebrate the 4th anniversary by promoting your new game instead.

I'm honestly beginning to migrate away from FFBE like even today I logged in did my new era pulls and thats it i'm not even motivated to do the MK event and Machina's a really great free unit that I just couldn't be bothered even getting I think the only reason I keep logging in anymore is because i've spent money, far more than I ever should have on this game and I can't justify throwing the game away completely after I did that.

I've been spending more and more time on Opera Omnia instead i've been playing it solid for 2 months now after a brief stint in the beginning when it first came out and not really enjoying it at that point.

Hard to believe that two gacha games both under the FF name couldn't be more different in the way they handle and treat their playerbase. I can't get over how generous OO is towards its players, the communication, the events, how fun it is and while i'm still pretty new I can't get over either the amount of Lapis, tickets and freebies in general they give away and content there is, its insane and it really honestly puts FFBE to shame.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
We got some DV support rewards, nice to have an actual omniprism thats free instead of within a 10k lapis bundle but these were also given out in JP during their DV events so its not anni related it doesn't take the sting out of a poorly handled anniversary.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
So I don't know how I feel about the anniversary now. NV era is interesting, if expensive and I don't like how they rushed and missed out on a ton of content just to get to it and now in order to ensure people pull on the missing banners they're going to have to majorly boost those units otherwise what's the point?

The new Elena is interesting but I really wish they had reworked a diffent unit like I know she won that contest to get a rework but the original unit is only over a year old and still pretty relevant in the current content I couldn't understand why people were voting for her last year.

Yoshikiri however looks awesome and i'm looking forward to reading more about him in the coming weeks and seeing what he does.

Unfortunately the livestream was at 2am my time and as today is a working day for me there was no way for me to participate in those early hours but nice we got all the rewards but I won't look forward to them being spread out.

All in all from what I've read it seems like it went very well...I just wish they hadn't rushed so much content.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Some very nice stuff to do in game yesterday, with lots of free pulls and using the slot coins.

The increased rate for 5* units was very noticeable, tickets like 5+1 tickets which are normally awful were giving me rainbows as were normal tickets, its very cool and a really nice change and they''ve added multi pulls to ex tickets thats a brilliant and time efficient change if you have a fair amount

So I decided to see what the NV era was all about I didn't get Cloud but I already have Tifa and had enough dupes and coins in the shop to get her to EX+2

There's a nifty little quest that nets you her, her prism, her TMR and Super TMR and the soon coins give you enough materials to get her to Ex+1 for free that's really cool that they're doing it and she's still pretty relevant in the current JP NV era.

Shes a bloody power house her brave shift limit burst is nuts! The anniversary Vision card is super cute!

I'm actually enjoying the new MK events you can't just go in with unlevelled units and expect to do a one and done button repeat.

The daily FF7 challenge as well you can only bring FFVII bonus units and its tough you can't just go in with one maxed out 7* bonus unit and call it a day. I ended up doing some levelling and maxed out my Aerith for heals and buffs and went grinded the MK event for enough points to prism Reno for and went and prismed Barret who I got in the middle of using some tickets on the banner as the first time I was getting wiped with my team and spent time gearing Sephiroth.

All in all so far i'm really enjoying the new format and extra toughness and I feel like the game has been rejuvenated a bit.

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah say goodbye to any future NV pulls though, i'd already done 3x5K pulls and the 4th freebie one with no luck on him during those so getting him from that FF7 ticket well, I think I just waved away a ton of luck for the rest of the year.

So far I can't do too much with him because I can't unlock his brave shift yet to play with I forgot unlike Tifa he needs a Transcension pearl to awaken to Ex+1 and until the end of the bonus log in period when we get a Transcension Pearl I can't do that he's still an absolute power house though, his CG limit burst is really nice and I did 100% his TMR and got that really cool Vision Card of Rain and Lasswell on the airship .

But I can't wait to unlock his brave shift form and have him on his bike smacking enemies :D

Its good having the extra bonus unit during a particularly grindy MK event, and I hope future LGD stages aren't as damn tanky as this one was in the beginning.

I'm now clearing the shop out of all the possible materials I can get as i'll probably never get the chance to have 2 300% (Coud and Tifa) and 2 200% (7* Barret and Reno) bonus units ever again, meaning any future MKs are gonna be grindy as hell. Last time I had that kinds of unit bonus was the anniversary MK event last year where all FFBE CG unita gave like 100% and 200% bonuses.

On another note as well thank goodness we have a story event coming up i'm in desperate need of some crysts now its been months since our last one!

The player's voice/choice i'm picking UOC tckets with NV era and older units awakenable to NV being able to either ticket them for fragments if the units ay 7* already or prism them to 7* feels more necessary or important than 6K lapis or STMR tickets.

Honestly anniversary was really rough and I thought depending on how the live stream went and with the early arrival of NV units that I might end up packing in the game altogether, but this is the first time in months i've genuinely enjoyed paying the game again and I feel a bit more refreshed with it.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
So TIL that friend units don't take the gear you have equipped on em in your team so no wonder my mates been calling bs on my zeno being over 3k :joy:

That said og cloud is now BS so looking forward to making him relevant again.

Did anyone else manage to take advantage of the soon medal fuckup by gumi before they nerfed the game?

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
There is nothing worse than unequipped friend units like just put something on them, anything!

Ahh yes I did i managed to get 80 mil before the issue but didn't realise it was an issue until i got kicked out of the server

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Lmao I managed to do the same but didn't realise it was a mistake until the melted the server trying to patch it XD
Worked out as good timing as I was looooooow on Gil after fully upgrading a few units to 7*

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Same here i've awoken a further 9 7* and gained 3 STMRs in the process but i'm low on cactuars now, thank goodness for the raid.
People are really cross about the gil issue but I think its more a case of people are angry that they're aways so quick to fix the stuff/bugs that benefit us but when there's bugs that don't they don't give a shit.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
At the end of the day they only really care about lining their own pockets and I suppose limited resources that they know folk are gonna be using often for the latest meta characters are a sure fire way of ensuring whales spend money.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yup that's why unless I get a lucky pull like with Cloud or have the units already to awaken like NV Tifa i'm ignoring NV units, the games content doesn't require them even in JP I don't think it does yet and its just a whale heavy system

Top Bottom