• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy Realms - Adventure Thread

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Edit: Ignore, wrong thread. Next round incoming sometime tonight-ish.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Module_2_Header.png

Round 2: Night Life In The Big City

Round Options

The show at the Galbadia Hotel has ended and the young performer is milling about the restaurant. She sits with her agent Jack as they discuss the recent influx of cash they received. A distant siren goes up in the direction of downtown and outside the buses continue to run, leading people out to the clubs and shopping centers which never seem to close. Seems there is still plenty to do in this town, even late at night.

Chief Engineer said:
Don't forget your main quest is to check out Caraway Manor, but that said I bet anything that you helping some people out will make your life a lot easier in the long run. Maybe now is a good time to tell you about Contacts.

Contacts
1. Contacts are NPCs who can be found by performing side tasks and sidequests, some can even be found during the Main Quest.
2. Contacts will usually offer you some benefit, be it helping you in battle, opening up a quest line, giving you a discount or a hot tip. Try to find everybody you can.
3. Some Contacts are Character Specific and often relate to your unique Character Quest in each area.

Chief Engineer said:
Pretty simple huh? So just find everybody you can and a whole new world of options will open up to you!

1. Come up with your character details: Name, Race, Homeworld, Backstory.

2. Choose a job from here.

3. PM me with your information and I will make up a character sheet for you and you can join in during the next round! It's that simple!

Deling City Town Options

Deling_City_Map.png

You can shop, or visit the Galbadia Hotel any time you are in town. The information is listed on the map above. Resting at an inn will not prevent you from taking other actions this round.

Feel free to examine each option and check out the associated "Results". In your response be sure to commit to whatever actions you wish to have taken. Unless they specifically say "Your Turn Is Over" you can perform multiple actions each round (a Turn Ending action can be the last in a sequence of actions you perform).

-----

You make your way to the nearest bus stop and wait patiently for the bus to arrive. For some reason the ticket taker appears to be blind and asks you to tell him once the bus arrives. He says so with the grim humorlessness of somebody who has been pranked a number of times by heartless youths.

You ride the transit around the city block, finally arriving at Caraway Manor.

RESULT: The Main Quest will commence with Round 2 - Your Turn Is Over.

You examine the map that Sergeant Ghol gave you and notice that there is a strange triangular symbol on it which is a building at the outskirts of town. Curious to deduce the mystery of it all you decide to head here.

The building is a strange worn-down factory that used to be produce weapons for the Galbadian Army. A mirror shine of turquoise paneling, similar to the color of the trains, is the only bit of beauty this worn down place has. An unmistakable sharp smell of rusty and decay hits your nose as you move in.

As you are about to turn and leave this disgusting place you see a very large human-shaped thing beckoning you in the nearby shadows. You cautiously approach the thing to see a rather benign looking creature. It is massive with yellow skin and thick, chubby features. Most notable are its massive hands which it seems to be keeping concealed, and yet not to hide a weapon of any kind. He speaks to you in a deep, soothing voice.

Orlo said:
You are no Shumi. But it is clear you are no human either. I take it Ghol sent you?

You nod but keep your distance. You're still not certain what to make of the creature, but you feel confident in assuming that this thing is a Shumi, and make a mental note to go on a diet if anybody could possibly mistake you for one of these.

Orlo said:
I am a disgraced Shumi. You are no doubt cast about yourself to wind up in a place like Deling City. We ask your help to deal with a recent incursion on a sacred bit of soil. Though I must tell you what we plan to do requires a bit of operating... outside the law.

This is getting more suspicious by the minute.

Orlo said:
We don't wish to harm anybody, merely trespassing upon some forbidden ground. I'll be brief- the Tomb of the Unknown King near here has been abandoned and declared unsafe to travel in. But there are some ancient documents which show a treaty between Galbadia and the Shumi Tribe. It would bring great wealth to the people within. My tribe doesn't want me to bother with it - preferring to remain alone and isolated. Sergeant Ghol and a few other members of the Galbadian military are involved because they think trading in the rare minerals of the Shumi could help their military. It is a win-win situation. But neither of us can abandon our post here. We need somebody to lead a small squad of, say, 3 people inside. We can give you two of our troops if you were to do it. What do you say?

Orlo said:
For me unfortunately the only reward I will have is vindication when the two races come together. However I am receiving a stipend for my services from Sergeant Ghol.

Orlo said:
They have remained isolationists for a long time now. They largely do not trust the outside world, and my getting them involved with the Galbadians is seen as especially great a betrayal. But I want them to understand that under President Caraway, Galbadia is a very different place.

Orlo said:
The Sergeant assumed you were a disgraced Shumi as well most likely. Forgive him, he's only human. You know they have trouble telling non-humans apart.

Orlo said:
You and a team of two others would enter the Tomb of the Unknown King and search the ruins for these lost treaties. Since you are a knight, we would outfit you with a Chemist and a Black Mage. As far as a reward, we would give you 1000 Gil and I'll give you access to my Secret Shop.

RESULTS:
1. Accept: Begin Side Quest - Trick Or Treaty, Access to Orlo's Shop
2. Decline: Begin Side Quest - Snitches Get Stitches

New Contact - Orlo

You decide to follow Captain Mertz's advice and check out the location to get some special armor patches. You can always use an upgrade. As you arrive however you see that the place is in shambles. Several guards are running about with weapons at the ready. You clearly have shown up at a bad time.

You're about to about face when you get stopped in a way that seems far more familiar.

Corporal said:
Hey you! Freeze!

Not wanting to start trouble this soon, you raise your hands and slowly approach the guard.

Sergant said:
This the guy, Corporal?

The Corporal looks you up and down but then finally shakes his head.

Corporal said:
Nah, this guy doesn't even looks like he needs to steal anything of ours. I'm certain the guy who stole this was wearing some old decommissioned Esthar armor.

Sergeant said:
Well keep searching then. Leave no stone unturned.

The Sergeant turns to you and shakes his head.

Sergeant Nardis said:
Sorry about that. We're a bit jumpy. We've had our stock of modifications robbed damn near wholesale. Some guy in Esthar armor. We assume he's a lone gun. Our mods were kept in two large briefcases - we only have a small on-hand stock you see. Well unfortunately that's really easy to just run off with and he did. If it's not the damned jewel thieves on the trains, we have to deal with bandits trying to shatter our fragile peace.

You express concern and the Sergeant continues.

Sergeant Nardis said:
Say, if you're interested in doing a little, uh, sidework for us we could pay you. Don't have too much in cash to offer but we can give you a full set of armor patches. I think I know where these guys are hiding - we've seen reports of some lunatics hanging out in the ruins of the old Galbadian Missile base, how they aren't dying of radiation poisoning I'll never know. It's dangerous for sure, but you look equipped for the job. We'll give you a Radiation Suit to be safe, of course.

Sergeant Nardis said:
Well we plan to eventually, but we have to exhaust all other options first. Not exactly swamped with volunteers to visit that decrepit place.

Sergeant Nardis said:
Yeah, but with the Radiation Suit you shouldn't notice any effects. After a while it would lose effect but you'd need to be there for several days before the suit broke down. Still it's not completely without risks, if for no other reason than those bandits.

Sergeant Nardis said:
Sure it is! This is all surplus stuff. We're allowed to sell it to the citizens, but most folks can't use it. And all of our mods are defensive anyways. Sorry you won't find any weapon mods here.

Results:
1. Accept: Begin Side Quest - Stolen Valor, Access to Patch Shop at Quest Complete.
2. Decline: Begin Side Quest - Dog Eat Dog

New Contact: Sergant Nardis

Jack said:
So glad you decided to take me up on my offer. Allow me to introduce you to Miss Olivia.

Olivia gives you a shy smile and then looks away, eagerly perusing the menu. She whispers something to Jack and he nods.

Jack said:
About before, I feel I should come clean. Right now things are rough for us. I'm not Olivia's agent, I'm her father. We're trying to get out of this rut we've been living in. We barely make enough money day to day to even pay the bills. I don't really care so much about myself but if Olivia could make it to Dollet she could really flourish. They have such a progressive artistic community there. I'm trying to raise money to get her a train ticket. Once she's there she has an uncle she can stay with who can get her in touch with the right people. But a train ticket out to Dollet costs a lot of money - more than I'd ask anybody to give me outright.

A hint of annoyance crosses your mind, but it eases at the sight of the shy young girl.

Jack said:
There is a way to get that much money pretty quickly but it requires somebody strong. We have an inheritance from my father who lived here in town. But his house is on the outskirts and... look I know you won't believe this but it's infested with monsters. It's so far out of town the Galbadian Military wants nothing to do with it. He didn't leave us much but it's enough to pay for her ticket and maybe a few meals while she's out there. If you happen to come across the house and clear out the fiends we can even give you a small cut of the money. Maybe... 500 gil?

RESULTS:
Quest Updated: A Star Is Born.
Next Round you will be able to head to the house on the outskirts.

Jack said:
Look, I'm sorry about before and asking you for money, but we're trying to eat here. Or have you changed your mind?

Olivia gives you a shy smile and then looks away, eagerly perusing the menu. She whispers something to Jack and he nods. Jack smiles at you.

Jack said:
I really appreciate it, mister. I shouldn't have lied before, but right now things are rough for us. I'm not Olivia's agent, I'm her father. We're trying to get out of this rut we've been living in. We barely make enough money day to day to even pay the bills. I don't really care so much about myself but if Olivia could make it to Dollet she could really flourish. They have such a progressive artistic community there. I'm trying to raise money to get her a train ticket. Once she's there she has an uncle she can stay with who can get her in touch with the right people. But a train ticket out to Dollet costs a lot of money - more than I'd ask anybody to give me outright.

A hint of annoyance crosses your mind, but it eases at the sight of the shy young girl.

Jack said:
There is a way to get that much money pretty quickly but it requires somebody strong. We have an inheritance from my father who lived here in town. But his house is on the outskirts and... look I know you won't believe this but it's infested with monsters. It's so far out of town the Galbadian Military wants nothing to do with it. He didn't leave us much but it's enough to pay for her ticket and maybe a few meals while she's out there. If you happen to come across the house and clear out the fiends we can even give you a small cut of the money. Maybe... 500 gil?

RESULTS:
Quest Updated: A Star Is Born.
Next Round you will be able to head to the house on the outskirts.

The club is, in a word, boisterous. The city's entire youth populace seems to be crammed into this tiny space as strobe lights flash about and teenagers dance about wearing glowsticks. You don't even bother trying to make your way to the dance floor and instead sidle up to the bar and order a drink.

Results (choose one only):

1. Order a Beer: (-10 gil), MP + 1
2. Order a Mixed Drink: (-25 gil), MP+1, HP+1
3. Order a Junction Special: (-50 gil), MP+2, HP+2, Begin Side Quest: The Hangover (This Will End Your Turn, Do This Last)

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
After his trip into the sewers, Shard elected to hit the back of Caraway's manor, just as it was being robbed. There went the hope of getting upgrades, although the radiation suit might come in handy. Deciding that he didn't mind doing the local garrison a favour in light of how nice they'd been so far, he took up Sgt Nardis on his offer of employment.

Heading back to Galbadia Hotel to try on his radiation suit, he found himself accosted by the same beggar as before, who asked for money again.
"Fine," Shard said eventually, handing over the money in the hope that the man would go away, and was instead regaled by his backstory. But, he was heading out of the city anyway, so could afford to clear the building and loot it on his way to the missile base.

Accepted Quests: Stolen Valour, A Star is Born

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(Sorry for my late reply! Time totally ran away from me and I kept forgetting and was busy with other stuff >.>)

Velkamos had followed the map to the marked location, and ended up meeting one of those Shumi creatures, taking time to listen to the story.
He debated for a moment in silence. The idea of a treaty sounded interesting; perhaps it really would help out these two races if he obtained it for them? He couldn't deny that exploring the tomb itself sounded exciting. Perhaps he could find some rare beasts inside and bring home trophies to the Phon Coast.
...If he ever got back home.

"Bah, sure, I'll check out that tomb for you and retrieve those treaties. I have another errand to run first; will I find the two who are to accompany me waiting at the Tomb's entrance?"

After he finished talking with the Shumi, he left the hidden location and returned once more to the pub, where he found Shard talking to the father of the musician there as well. Seems like he was gonna help them out as well now.

"Ah perfect! Let's team up then, Shard, and take care of this matter," he said, leaning against the counter a moment. "Should be easy enough with the two of us working at it."

Actions Taken: Departed for the house in the sidequest 'A Star Is Born'. Accepted Quest 'Trick or Treaty'

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round 3: Paying Your Dues

Round Options

Before you each set out on your way to your respective personal quests, you and your companion have decided to team up on this little venture for Jack and Olivia. Jack and Olivia have decided to come with but won't set foot inside the house properly.

Jack said:
I'm sorry, I can't risk either of us getting hurt. There's no point in getting the money if we're dead.

Fortune is, apparently, on your side however as you see two soldiers approaching the house behind you. They hail you and lower their weapons. As they get closer you can see that it is Captain Mertz and Sergeant Ghol.

Captain Mertz said:
Word gets around quick. Since you're helping us out, we figured we'd help you out.

Sergeant Ghol said:
Yeah, we can't leave Deling City but this is close enough for us to be okay.

Pleasantries are exchanged between those unfamiliar with each other and you brace yourselves to enter the infested house. It looks quite small up close, a simple one-story flat brick building with not much too it. It's clear that whatever inheritance was left was certainly not in the estate itself. The ground floor seems clear but you hear deep guttural sounds from the basement. This would be where any safe was kept and you decide to prepare yourself for an all-out brawl in tight quarters.

Added NPC Allies

Captain Mertz
HP: 31/ 31
Class: Elite Soldier (DPS)

Sergeant Ghol
HP: 22/ 22
Class: MP Medic (Healer)

3. PM me with your information and I will make up a character sheet for you and you can join in during the next round! It's that simple!

DUNGEON: OUTSKIRTS VILLA

You are in a dungeon - combat will begin (read the Story above if you have not already). It will remain "Round 3" until you complete the battle. In-Game time will not pass. You cannot shop or stay at an inn during this time. You can attempt to escape battle if things get too harrowing.

Combat Flow
1. Combat Initiates, Arena Is Set
2. Players Choose Actions - Refer to your character sheet for available special actions: you can attack with your weapon, use Magic Stones, use Job Abilities, use Items - be creative with your attacks.
3. NPC Actions chosen by DM.
4. Actions performed in order of SPD value (initiative roll for SPD values that match determine order).
5. Damage calculated, KO'd enemies removed from field, arena resets.
6. GOTO 2.

-----

As you open the door to the cellar you see a strange rotting face sticking out of the floor, its movement belying its dead appearance. It's tongue lashes out like a whip and it lets out a piteous howl as it sees you - clearly it has not eaten anything in a very long time and you look quite delicious. Two hands pop out of the dirt beneath your feet and begin their attack. You charge down into the basement and discover that the area is surprisingly wide enough for all of you to fit in battle comfortable and for some strange fourth wall camera to go whizzing about without hitting anything - fancy that.

PFF_Vysage_zpskjijgdbp.png

Visage
HP: 68/68
Class: Monster Boss (Tank)

Righty
HP: 32/32
Class: Monster Support (Healer)

Lefty
HP: 32/32
Class: Monster Ravager (DPS)

VS.

Velkamos
HP: 56/56
Class: Knight (Tank)

Shard
HP: 43/43
Class: Hunter (DPS)

Captain Mertz
HP: 31/31

Sergeant Ghol
HP: 22/22

Select Your Actions

Shard Character Sheet
Velkamos Character Sheet

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
You may have explained this already, but what does JL mean on the character sheets?

Job Level. you can use special skills on your card up to your JL, but you can also use regular attacks, items or magic stones.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Velkamos was mildly pleased to see Ghol appear to help out. Always good to have backup, especially a healer of sorts, but also nice to see someone committed to helping another. He greeted Captain Mertz as well, knowing him as a contact of Shard's.
Then it was time to enter the house.

He went first, jumping down into the basement as soon as he saw the creature's strange face and hands poking up from the ground.
The rest followed him into the basement, and knowing he was the toughest in the group, he instantly utilized one of his newfound techniques and Provoked the monster.

(question, can I only do one action in a battle at a time? Not sure if I can Provoke and then attack in the same post or if I should wait. :) Also, does Provoke work with only one enemy, or is it a radius thing? In this instance, does Provoke work again the monster and his hands too? XD)

Actions Taken: Provoked enemy

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
"Great, Glad to have you with me." Shard told Velkamos, meaning it. He wasn't so keen on fighting alone after his previous outing, a veteran hunter by his side would be a huge advantage. He had ignored previous good advice about items due to already being swindled by this random beggar. Hopefully it wouldn't go badly wrong.

They left the bar and went to this house on the outskirts. Shard had been hoping not to have an escort, but the beggar had followed him, preventing his plan of grabbing the loot and running. While sometimes grumpy, he hadn't quite reached 'killing innocent little girls' levels of evil, so they'd get their damned inheritance.

Aside from Velkamos, he was pleased to see backup arrive in the form of local soldiers. Everyone was so helpful in this town! Not like the WRO, who wouldn't even help clear monsters from their own kennels.

He was rather less pleased when he saw the house. Tight quarters underground, the single most useless place for a sniper to be. But he wasn't going to be useless this time, so he leapt down just behind Velkamos to see a truly unusual and terrifying monster. Normally, he'd just strafe the room, but in these tight quarters that would run the risk of hitting his allies, so he carefully lined up a shot on the monster's right hand.

Actions: Used Sniper Shot on Righty

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Questions said:
1. Provoke pulls ALL aggro from nearby enemies, with a certain probability.
2. You can only perform one action per turn, but combat rounds go pretty quickly and you'll have help. You would only want to use a support ability when you had allies anyway.

Round Options

Before you each set out on your way to your respective personal quests, you and your companion have decided to team up on this little venture for Jack and Olivia. Jack and Olivia have decided to come with but won't set foot inside the house properly.

Jack said:
I'm sorry, I can't risk either of us getting hurt. There's no point in getting the money if we're dead.

Fortune is, apparently, on your side however as you see two soldiers approaching the house behind you. They hail you and lower their weapons. As they get closer you can see that it is Captain Mertz and Sergeant Ghol.

Captain Mertz said:
Word gets around quick. Since you're helping us out, we figured we'd help you out.

Sergeant Ghol said:

Pleasantries are exchanged between those unfamiliar with each other and you brace yourselves to enter the infested house. It looks quite small up close, a simple one-story flat brick building with not much too it. It's clear that whatever inheritance was left was certainly not in the estate itself. The ground floor seems clear but you hear deep guttural sounds from the basement. This would be where any safe was kept and you decide to prepare yourself for an all-out brawl in tight quarters.

Added NPC Allies

Captain Mertz

Sergeant Ghol

Visage
(PROTECT) [3 Turns Left]
HP: 64/68

Lefty
HP: 21/32
Class: Monster Ravager (DPS)

VS.

Velkamos
(SHELL) [3 Turns Left]
HP: 38/56

Shard
HP: 43/43

Captain Mertz
HP: 31/31

Sergeant Ghol
HP: 22/22

Code:
- Shard uses Sniper Shot (SPD 22)
- Battle Calculation: (2d10 + 4 (SPD Bonus)) * 1.5 (First Strike Bonus) - Enemy Def Modifier
- Shard deals 24 damage to Righty.  

- Righty uses Protect on Visage (SPD 15)
- Damage against Visage is reduced by 1/2.  

- Captain Mertz uses Blitz.  (SPD 14) (Initiative Roll 15)
- Battle Calculation:  1d12 + 6 to All Enemies - Enemy Def Modifier
- Captain Mertz deals 9 damage to Righty, 11 damage to Lefty,  4 damage to Visage.

- Captain Mertz fells Righty!  

- Lefty uses Fira on Velkamos. (SPD 14) (Initiative Roll 13)
- Battle Calculation: 1d20 + 6 - Enemy Def Modifier
- Velkamos Def Modifer (DEF / 5) = 4
- Lefty deals 17 damage to Velkamos.  

- Velkamos uses Provoke! (SPD 11)
- Lefty is enraged! 
- Visage is enraged!

- Sergeant Ghol casts Shell on Velkamos. (SPD 10)
- Magic Damage against Velkamos is reduced by 1/2.

- Visage casts Bio on Velkamos. (SPD 8)
- Battle Calculation: 1d10 + Poison Chance - Enemy Def Modifier
- Velkamos Def Modifier (DEF / 5) = 4.  
- Velkamos Shell Absorbs Magic (1/2 Damage)
- Velkamos resists Poison!  
- Visage deals 1 damage to Velkamos!

Select Your Actions

Shard Character Sheet
Velkamos Character Sheet

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
"Thanks for the Shell, Sergeant!" Velkamos yelled at the man as he straightened after another attack from the creature. His Provoke had worked, now the left hand and head were aiming for him.

He hefted his large sword and decided to try out another newly-learned technique, Deathblow; right on the left hand.

Actions: Used Deathblow on Lefty

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I did something! Shard exulted, delirious with joy for finally actually contributing something somewhat useful to the group, even if Captain Mertz had still achieved more.

His instinct was to go for Lefty, but with Velkamos taking most of the aggression he decided it would be more useful to help with that, so he tossed him a potion.

Action: Used potion on Velkamos.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round Options

Jack said:

Captain Mertz said:

Sergeant Ghol said:

Added NPC Allies

Captain Mertz

Sergeant Ghol

Visage
(PROTECT) [2 Turns Left]
HP: 64/68

VS.

Velkamos
(SHELL) [2 Turns Left]
HP: 40/56

Shard
HP: 35/43

Captain Mertz
(BERSERK) [3 Turns Left]
HP: 20/31

Sergeant Ghol
HP: 13/22

Code:
- Shard uses Potion! (SPD 22)
- Velkamos cured for 30 HP!  

- Lefty uses Thundara on Velkamos. (SPD 14) (Initiative Roll 11)
- Battle Calculation: 1d20 + 6 - Enemy Def Modifier - Shell
- Velkamos Def Modifer (DEF / 5) = 4
- Lefty deals 9 damage to Velkamos.  

- Captain Mertz attacks Lefty!  (SPD 14) (Initiative Roll 3)
- Battle Calculation:  1d20 + 2 - Enemy Def Modifier
- Captain Mertz deals 16 damage to Lefty! 

- Velkamos uses Deathblow! on Lefty (SPD 11)
- Battle Calculation: 2*d12 - Enemy Def Modifer
- Velkamos deals 17 damage to Lefty!  

- Velkamos fells Lefty! 

- Sergeant Ghol casts Berserk on Captain Mertz. (SPD 10)
- Captain Mertz is furious!  Will attack only.  
- Captain Mertz attack power is doubled! 

- Visage casts Vile Roar. (SPD 8)
- Battle Calculation: 1d8 + 4 to ALL - (Unblockable)
- Velkamos takes 7 damage.
- Shard takes 8 damage.
- Captain Mertz takes 11 damage.
- Sergeant Ghol takes 9 damage.

Select Your Actions

Shard Character Sheet
Velkamos Character Sheet

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
"Thanks for the potion!" Velkamos called out to Shard, watching Lefty go limp on the basement floor. He turned his attention to the Visage now, just as it gave out a hideous roar. The sound was immensely loud to his ears and he flinched in pain.

When it was over he gripped his sword and lunged at the monster.

Actions: Attacked Visage

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round 4: Separate Ways

Chief Engineer said:
Well kids looks like you won another battle! To see the final moments of the fight and the spoils you won, look under Round Options for Battle Results! I know you're already going there to read the story of each round - it's right above that! You also completed a quest! On your character sheets at the bottom (below Contacts) you'll find a new section called Completed Quests. This will include all the journal entries for the quest and the date you completed the quest. Sometimes it's fun to look back at all the good you've done!

Round Options

Shard and Velkamos gain 100 EXP!
Shard and Velkamos gain 121 gil!
Shard and Velkamos obtain 3 Bio Stones!

Final Moments
Code:
- Shard Attacks! (SPD 22)
- Battle Calculation: 1d10+6+SPD Modifier - Enemy DEF Modifier - Protect
- Shard SPD Modifer (SPD / 5) = 4
- Critical Hit: 19
- Shard deals 14 damage to Visage!  

- Captain Mertz attacks Visage!  (SPD 14)
- Battle Calculation:  (1d20 + 2)*2 (Berserk) - Enemy Def Modifier - Protect
- Captain Mertz deals 28 damage to Visage! 

- Velkamos attacks Visage! (SPD 11)
- Battle Calculation: 1d12+8+STR Modifer - Enemy Def Modifer - Protect
- Velkamos STR Modifier (STR/5) = 3
- Velkamos deals 11 damage to Visage! 

- Sergeant Ghol casts Water on Visage!
- Battle Calculation: 1d20+6 - Enemy Def Modifier
- Critical Hit: 20
- Sergeant Ghol deals 31 damage to Visage!  

- Sergeant Ghol fells Visage!

You emerge from the basement, battle-worn but victorious. Captain Mertz hefts the massive metal safe wholesale up the stairs in a fit of herculean strength as he works off the Berserk status.

Sergeant Ghol said:
Sorry, I didn't mean to turn you into a work horse Captain, I just wanted to buff your strength.

Captain Mertz said:
ALL GOOD. NO WORRIES. MUCH STRONG.

Captain Mertz drops the safe on the ground outside the building, landing with a thunk, creating a small crater in the weed-reclaimed pavement. The Safe latch finally gives way from the shock and reveals a veritable treasure trove of gil.

Jack said:
This... this is astounding. There's more here than I ever thought the old man ever squirreled away.

He eagerly gets to counting, and before long he as apportioned every person's fair share.

Jack said:
500 gil for each of you for your work today. That leaves 3000 for me and Olivia to get the train tickets over to Dollet and a little bit extra besides for once we get there. I would give you more if I could, but I promise once Olivia is a star we'll repay you a hundred fold for what you've done today.

Sergeant Ghol said:
I'm just glad you're able to go with your daughter. You can all be one happy family out there in Dollet.

Captain Mertz said:
VERY HAPPY. GOOD FEELINGS.

Sergeant Ghol said:
That should have worn off by now, Captain are you okay?

Captain Mertz said:
CRUSH SKULLS.

Sergeant Ghol digs into his pocket and fishes out an Esuna Stone.

Sergeant Ghol said:
I was hoping to save this...

He tosses the stone in to the air and a ray of purifying light washes over Captain Mertz.

Captain Mertz said:
Thank you. That was surprisingly exhausting.

Olivia said:
Thank you all so much for helping me!

Jack and Olivia head back towards the Deling City train station, and off on their adventure to begin their new lives. Mertz and Ghol pass you a salute.

Captain Mertz said:
We did good work today. Hopefully we get to meet up again on another assignment.

Captain Mertz heads back into town.

Sergeant Ghol said:
Velkamos, I'll be heading with you. We're off to take care of that project, yes?

Sergeant Ghol heals everybody before setting out. Shard heads off to the Galbadian Missile Base Ruins, and Velkamos, with Sergeant Ghol tagging along, heads to the Tomb of the Unknown King.

====

Chief Engineer said:
You're now about to head into proper dungeons. There are battles to be fought, but also puzzles to be solved and paths to be divined. At the start of each dungeon you must choose your moves carefully before delving in. Each Dungeon has slightly different scenarios to face, so be sure to be prepared. If you don't feel confident to tackle a dungeon just yet, before you enter you can choose to Return to Town. You will arrive on the next round.

As you arrive at the smoldering ruins of the Galbadian Missile Base your suits Geiger Counter begins to emit a loud static whine. This place is heavily irradiated, but fortunately your Radiation Suit seems to hold. You head to a cliff overlooking the ruined building - clearly long since detonated by some sort of massive explosion that seems to have come from the center of the base.

You see two men in similar Radiation Suits hailing you with hand signals. You weren't promised any backup and keep your hand by your crossbow in case things get ugly. As you get near them you notice an unusual symbol that wasn't on any of the banners in Deling City - they're not with the Galbadian Army.

Man in Radiation Suit said:
You a Galbadian soldier?

You shake your head and explain just enough of the situation to not tip your hand entirely. You're not sure if you can trust these people yet. They could even be the bandits you are meant to hunt.

Woman in Radiation Suit said:
Another mercenary. You'll get along fine buddy. We're a bit on the nervous side about this mission. What say we partner up?

You express doubt, considering you don't know who either of these people are.

Man said:
You've never heard of SeeD? Well I guess now that our main job seems done we're pretty much just ordinary mercenaries again. The name's Zell Dincht.

Woman said:
And I'm Selphie Tilmitt! How about you tall, dark and wary?

You identify yourself.

Zell said:
Well, pleased to meet you Shard. So you're a sharpshooter right? You'll probably get more use out of this than either of us.

Zell hands you a Galbadian Marksman Rifle (1d20+10; Long Range)

Zell said:
So we're here to deal with the bandits because they've also been raiding Winhill nearby, but we can recover these armor mods for you too if you help out.

Selphie said:
We know the lay of the land pretty well. It's been many years but I was kind of responsible for this thing blowing up. That is to say I set it to self-destruct to avoid some missiles destroying Balamb Garden. That was a blast.

You do your best to ignore the pun.

Zell said:
So here's the way we've mapped it. There look to be about five of these guys inside. They're all off their nut from radiation sickness but it also makes them a lot more vicious.

Selphie said:
We've got three options here, and we'll let you make the decision on it.

DUNGEON INFLITRATION

Option 1: Snipe from the cliff while Zell (DPS) and Selphie (Healer) charge in. (Less Gil, More EXP)

Option 2: Rush in as a group. (Average EXP, Gil)

Option 3: Sneak in and plant a bomb - this was Selphie's idea. (No EXP, Gil, but no combat. )

Zell said:
So, what do you want to do Shard

You and Sergeant Ghol make it on the scene of the ancient crypt. A thick patch of forest on the end of the peninsula hides some stone ruins within its belly. At the entrance you other companion lies in wait. She is a woman with long blonde hair wearing thick glasses and an orange blouse and skirt which covers long knee-high boots.

Woman said:
Hey Sergeant. Who's the new blood?

Sergeant Ghol said:
Velkamos, he's apparently not a Shumi, but he's friendly to the cause. Velkamos this is Quistis Trepe, a SeeD - sort of a gun for hire.

Quisis walks over to you and shakes you hand.

Quistis said:
I've seen all sorts on my travels, you don't scare me any. Glad to have you on the team. Orlo tried to hire a larger SeeD group but didn't have the funds. In fact he didn't really hire me, I am just helping because I believe in the cause. And for the potential loot of course.

Sergeant Ghol said:
So from what I gather there are three switches inside to unlock the vault in the center. This is where the treaties are being kept. We can go as a team to each switch, or we can each take one and meet back in the center. Just be warned that, obviously, we might not be able to help you if you get in a bind.

Quistis said:
Or we could try to break our way into the Vault and ignore the switches entirely.

DUNGEON OPTIONS:

1. Travel together to each switch (3 Short Battles)
2. Tackle each switch separately (1 Long Battle)
3. Blow up the vault (No Battles, EXP or Gil)

Sergeant Ghol said:
What do you say Velkamos?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Velkamos did indeed take heat the next round, but not nearly enough to put him down, and followed it up by dropping the left hand. The face roared in pain, staggering them all for a heartbeat, before once again losing out to the members of the local garrison.

Monster dealt with, they went back upstairs, with Shard given no chance to loot under the watchful eye of the local garrison. In spite of finding more money than expected, Jack didn't increase their cut, which was disappointing but not surprising.

They parted ways, with Shard returning an old PSICOM salute to the super helpful local garrison, pleased to see Velkamos walking away with one, ensuring he'd be safe.

Radiation suit in tow, he walked on alone to the missile base, where he encountered some friendly mercs.

It was hypocritical of Shard to not trust mercs, but he didn't trust mercs. These two wouldn't be a patch on the local garrison, and he wasn't putting his back to them when he was alone.

"I'll snipe, if it's all the same to you. New rifle, may as well use it. Thanks, by the way."

Action: Sniping

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(Thanks JT, won't have time to post tonight or tomorrow but I can do so Sunday! Feel free to remind me, too :wacky:)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Velkamos felt a rush as he saw the face of the monster go down from a fierce water spell cast by Sergeant Ghol. After waiting a moment to be sure it was dead, he slung his sword across his back once more and grinned, feeling revitalized by the fight, even though he felt a slight physical drag from it.

Velkamos was about to help lift the safe when Captain Mertz abruptly hauled it past him and up the stairs, still under the influence of Berserk. Velkamos snorted.

Back outside, him and Shard got their promised reward; 500 gil each. Velkamos took the gil with a nod, and made sure to give the man a pointed look when he commented on the unexpected extra gil in the safe. But, he didn't think he needed to worry much; the man looked like he'd sincerely take care of his daughter.

He parted ways with Shard once Jack and Olivia left; Shard had business with Captain Mertz, just like he had some with Ghol. "Hunt good, Shard. I'd like to see you back in the city when it's over and done with," he said for a farewell, then trudged off after Ghol.

They arrived soon at the entrance to the crypt, suitably hidden by a forest. There he met Quistis. He was pleased to see that she didn't oggle at him like everyone else had so far; she even shook his hand, like Humes always did.

"Pleasure, Quistis. Glad I don't scare you," he added, nodding down at her.

Ghol and Quistis then laid out the plans for infiltrating the crypt. Velkamos listened in silence; by the time Ghol turned to him, he'd already decided what he wanted to do.

"Let's split up to save time. If you two are okay with that," he stated, rolling his shoulders and neck. "I've stocked up on items before heading out here. I should be good."

Truthfully, the thought of hunting in a strange crypt from another world by himself was thrilling. He felt like he could surely handle anything that lay in wait.
Just don't get cocky, his mind whispered back.

Action taken: Tackle each switch separately

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Sorry guys been a busy couple weeks. Next Round will be up later in the week.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Module_2_Header.png

Round 5: Dungeon Master

Round Options

====

The two SeeDs nod in affirmation and make their way down into the ruins after tightening the seals on their radiation suits. There is a slight chill in the air and a soft breeze which you can only feel the pressure of through your own suit.

You look through the scope of the rifle and find that it is surprisingly good quality for the level of its make - a 3-step zoom up to 15x with rangefinding. Your own enhancements combined with it give you about a 90% chance of hitting your mark even at this range.

You see Zell and Selphie in the scope moving slowly over the threshold of the gate. As they pass over the walls you lose sight of them for one minute before they a reappear in the central courtyard. You can't tell them apart at this range but one of them throws up a hand signal which you take to mean "all clear".

That doesn't sit right with you and you move down range a bit to track them. After resetting further down the cliff to lose your eyes on the entrance but can see clearly into the courtyard. And that's when you see them, four targets all large emaciated looking punks wearing slap-dash suits which cannot possibly be protecting them in any meaningful way.

You try to figure out how you can give a signal to warn the other two when they jump out into the open, tackling one of your allies. A swift spiked nunchaku comes up and you realize it was Selphie who was tackled and also that she is having none of it. The ghoul jumps back with its group and Zell and Selphie stick close together to prepare for a proper fight.

You almost feel a little guilty about this but by the looks of them you're probably doing them a favor. You can't be hit from way up here but you are going to make sure those two get out of this in one piece.

Mission Objective: Protect Zell and Selphie

ZELL
Class: Brawler (DPS)
HP: 35 / 35

SELPHIE
Class: Indirect Magic Operative (Healer)
HP: 28 / 28

VS.

GHOUL A
Class: Ravager (DPS)
HP: 15 / 15

GHOUL B
HP: 17 / 17

GHOUL C
HP: 17 / 17

GHOUL D
Class: Commando (Tank)
HP: 26 / 26

===

SPOT CHECK:

Ghoul A is in the open (90% chance to hit Enemy, 10% chance to Miss)
Ghoul B is behind a vehicle (50%- Enemy, 30% - Ally, 10% - Vehicle, 10%- Other Enemy)
Ghoul C is grappling with an ally. (60% - Ally, 40% - Enemy)
Ghoul D is standing on top of a vehicle. (80% - Enemy, 10% - Vehicle, 10% - Miss)

Take Aim.

You creep through to the farside of the Tomb . The stillness of 1000 years of slumber gives the place an ethereal fee, like each darkened passage could send you tumbling into the afterlife. As you feel the cold stone on your feet you notice the rushing of the water beneath it, all pooling towards a central point. The switches must control the water pressure.

As you are fathoming that you stumble upon a large room at the far end, with a gap looking out into the peninsula. Through the surrounding trees you can almost see the coastline and the setting sun. It's fire casts a crimson glow about the room as you set to work.

You see the switch almost immediately and are able to turn it without any problem, but once the water beneath you begins to stop flowing you can hear a loud bellow followed by a stampede of hoofbeats.

A massive centaur looking beats carrying an axe rushes into the tiny room; mane black and eyes white. It stands on its hind legs and begins to shift into a form almost like a man save for it snarling wolf-like face and emaciated body.

BATTLE START

Anubis
Class: Gatekeeper (Tank)
HP: 75 / 75

Vs.

Velkamos
HP: 56 / 56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
(Unless something major prevents me, imma make time to write up my next move tonight when I get home)

Top Bottom