Final Fantasy: Record Keeper

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Your problems are that you all seem to be treating this as a proper RPG rather than something to do while you're waiting for a train/download/commercial break/poopin.

:monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's probably why I kept playing for as long as I did, :monster:. But I don't mind spacing out either, so.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
The next big update is hitting this weekend!

SOUL BREAK MASTERY! Completely learn a character's soul break so that you can manually choose between different Soul Breaks in a battle - no longer keeping you tied to a specific equipment or Soul Break!

SOUL BREAK SELECTION You can manually choose up to 4 Soul Breaks per character to bring into a battle!

FRIEND INVITE CAMPAIGN Not too sure what this is about, but invite friends and earn rewards.

REMOVE ALL COMMAND Finally! You can remove all equipment, abilities and RM from a character at once! Or choose just to remove per category.

ENEMY HP BAAAARRRR! YES! Been waiting for this for ages! No more guessing! More strategic use of abilities! Yes! Yes! Yess!

AUTO TOGGLE Can have the auto toggled on so that you start a battle immediately in Auto mode instead of having to switch it on.

TURN SKIPPING Two new ways to skip a turn are being implemented. ATB ORDER - skip to the character who next reached a full ATB gauge. PARTY ORDER - skip to the topmost character in the party with a full ATB gauge.

INCREASED INVENTORY Available allowance is increased to 500 slots.

Woop! :aah:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't get why it took them so long between implementing those things on the japanese version and adding them to the english one.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
What the hell took so long about implementing HP bars? lol

i don't get why it took them so long between implementing those things on the japanese version and adding them to the english one.

Why else? Money. :lol:

If people can't see how well they are doing on hard enemies, they are more likely to get frustrated and spend money on using Mythril to restart the levels / boost their characters and such.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i stopped doing continues (only did it on certain battles with a good/rare prize during events) once they added the hp bar and i saw that the enemy's hp goes back to 100%. in other square enix mobile games (pictlogica, world wide words, g-bike, mobius) you get to continue from where you lost. but for some reason rk doesn't

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
That was a sly thing, because I remember early on doing a continue once, and I continued where I had gotten the enemy's health down to ... then later discovered that it reset it to the beginning of the round.

Very sneaky.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Sneaky on the one hand, but at the same time it's the easiest thing to do for the developers of the game, :monster:. Else they had to save the state of a level, which, at least for iOS, is like a few dozen lines of code. Gasp.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
ENEMY HP BAAAARRRR! YES! Been waiting for this for ages! No more guessing! More strategic use of abilities! Yes! Yes! Yess!

If only this update came out before I took on Odin in XIII's elite dungeon. Trying to dish out 100k damage before Doom TPKs me is something I wish to never repeat ever again. :wallbanger:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so it's the one year anniversary for rk in japan and they're doing a bunch of events, plus there's been some big updates. but instead of making a nice neat post i will just ramble

there's been a couple of special item draws going on. the first was a 'beginner's selection', which was the regular 11 item draw plus the option to pick an extra weapon of your choice from one of a selection of weapons for the named characters with unique soul break (??). the list only included the main characters of each game with maybe a few arguable names (rk mc, wol, frioniel, luneth, cecil, bartz, terra, cloud, squall, zidane, yuna, ashe, lightning, y'shtola) and only their first unique weapons so you don't get the really powerful attacks but it's still nice. you could only do this once.

for the past three days there's also been another special draw. once a day, you get the chance to do an 11 item draw for half the normal cost (so 25 mythril or whatever it costs in gems). with these, any 5 star items you get are guaranteed to be ones with special soul breaks.

so maybe start saving up mythril now for when the english version has its anniversary. there was also a 'present from dr. mog' which was 25 pieces of mythril just in time for this half price draw.

there's also a special series of event battles that drop a lot of orbs, gil, character exp and soul break exp (have they added the 'learn a soul break so you don't need to have that weapon equipped' thing to the english one yet?)

there's also a special set of login bonuses with a bunch of item upgrading materials and growth eggs and a rosetta stone and memory crystal items, which is used in one of the new additions, the 'ritual chamber'. this lets you exchange 3 types of special items for either new characters, their first memory crystals (max lvl to 65), and their second memory crystal (max lvl to 80). which is nice because i could never do the battles that gave the second crystals before and now i'll get three character's worth of my choice just by logging in.

they've also changed a lot of the interfaces. the item upgrading materials now don't take up space in your inventory, there's the ability to turn unwanted abilities into orbs and to convert orbs of the same element into ones of different sizes. the pre-dungeon screen has been improved a lot, so you can access a lot of different options (party, equipment) without having to leave the dungeon screen like you used to. for the normal non-event dungeons there's also a new type of layout, showing you all the stages as a flowchart so you can see what unlocks next

not sure if i've missed some stuff but there's been a lot of good updates to it lately

wLpt1bk.jpg

the title screen at the start of the anniversary stuff

mW4xcxb.jpg

it updated, not sure if it will change again

8vtlZdz.jpg

i mean after this third one

xCwIAPA.jpg

this isn't anything specific but look at kefka's soul break, it's the fanciest one i've seen. there's also this seiken densetsu/rise of mana one which i missed but they seem to be getting more elaborate

5wayIEl.jpg

the new dungeon interface. you can see a moving sprite of the boss as well (that exclamation point gives you the information/tips for the boss)

Kdzi5ut.jpg

one of the new additions was this option to display a 'resonance simulation' that shows you what an item's stats would be in their home dungeons

NciGqVl.jpg

when you get a new character you now see this at the end of the last battle telling you the character's stats

EtAraix.jpg

flowchart map for the normal dungeons

Svu3vBS.jpg

tapping on the circles shows you the difficulty, total stamina, and some of the rewards you can get

55C3JsE.jpg

you can also change it back to the door style it's used before, though now you can see how many of the dungeons you've completed/mastered at a glance. plus you get the logo for each game now too

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
That's AWESOME! Looking forward to a lot of those features (especially changing orbs into better orbs), and the interface definitely looks more slimline and improved.

I just unloaded all my mythril to try and get either Zack or Aerith's special Soul Break weapon (Zack has just been released here), but definitely going to start saving up for the English anniversary.

Oh, and to the question you asked about learning Soul Breaks, yeah that has been implemented over here.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
on the actual day of the anniversary there was a little opening movie added, plus extra bonus items including 50 mythril so if you were 'damn i used up all my mythril on these special draws and now i don't have any' it's fine

just save up like 125 pieces and you can do every one of the special draws assuming they'll be the same :monster:

JhI5YXw.jpg

NuslnDX.jpg

anniversary opening movie

sXgN08W.jpg

the bonus items for the anniversary were 50 mythril, ultros summon (this was something people could vote on through a special website earlier in the year), and the excalipar weapon

SPPByKr.jpg

also the home screen was revamped. i forgot now what the 'coming soon' bit is going to be but it was mentioned in one of the news updates that i'll have to look at again

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
For anyone still playing, the Festival of Gold and the Orb Dungeon Event has arrived.

The first is the return of the special log in prizes during the event period. Highlights this time round include Gold Sword (VII) and Cactuar (4* summon). The second is a bit more interesting - a rotating set of dungeons which you can nab some of the more harder to get orbs. Difficulty seems to have been lowered as I was breezing through Heroic on auto and got some Major Lightning / Dark orb.

Combined with this is a special Lucky Relic Draw where the prize of an 11 pull has been reduced to 25 mythril for one time per phase of the event. Possible chance to nab some soul break weapons. Seems that a large contingent though want to save up for the next proper event - where Cloud will get his Organics weapon.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they added a new feature called 'dress records' which lets you change the appearance of a character when you get a specific item. so far there's only one for cloud (his ac look).

they also added a new weapon ('1st fusion sword')
baPVHlH.png

which has a new soul break, 'fenrir drive'

which does like 8 random attacks on single targets, puts haste on cloud and temporarily puts him in 'burst mode' which turns attack and defend into attacks which respectively do two attacks on all enemies or 4 hits on a single enemy.

i did two 11 draws when that event was going on. 100 pieces of mythril. and i didn't get it.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
So it works as an alternate costume for Cloud? That's much better than having multiple different versions of the same characters.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
So it works as an alternate costume for Cloud? That's much better than having multiple different versions of the same characters.

*looks at Cecil*

Also, I have to wonder what sort of witchcraft is used to get character specific 5* equipment because I have blown 150+ mythril draws only to get 4* equipment. (at most.) :@

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Latest announcement confirms the next event is VII and will introduce both Barret and SUPER SOUL BREAKS!. Special soul breaks that permanently add an increase in stats when mastered.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
2870b485-2141-30cc-b085-54649c49e9db.png

Cloud's second memory crystal (allowing you to reach level 80) is now available to nab in the harder + battle events.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
104 relics drawn (Lucky Relic Event) and out of the 104 relics I drew, I got...

Two 5* equipment.

Lucky Relic event, my fucking ass. I DEMAND A REDRAW. :@

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
There's a Halloween event going on now, giving away special XIII Halloween equipment,The Witches Hat and Evil Lantern. The Home screen has been altered, and the new BGM is a Halloween remix of Mysidia (IV).

There also appears to be a Gunner Yuna event coming soon in Japan.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
They are running a Final Fantasy V event now! It's about time FFV got some love again! Completing the event lands you Bartz, Gilgamesh (WOO HOO!!!!!), and Galuf (if you don't already have him). Then you can play the Elite Dungeons to get the memory crystals for all 3 PLUS Lenna!

Ryushikaze, I'm looking at you re: Gilgamesh. :monster:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Ooh didn't see this until now. Nice.

Also, 2 million download celebration - free Mythril as usual, but nice in any case.

Top Bottom