Final Fantasy VII Abridged Series

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Con-announcement for the cast members. As well as a schedule projection update and subscriber incentive announcement for Advent Children Abridged.

It's always a bad sign when they go back to earlier episodes (or chapters) and start tinkering with them, rather than finishing the whole thing off first.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
cloudstrife8's been pacifying subscribers with blooper reels and stuff for a while now because he's been taking over a month for each episode, but at this point he's established that he is going to finish. Apparently the last one was delayed significantly longer because of a specific issue, lines got deleted or something. My guess' he'll be finished by February or March. I missed his first character Q&A so I'm hoping he does another one. I always like to listen to the Redux because the team always improves so much by the end.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
those videos are just retarded

Edit:

Well, what do you know. I gave them another chance and found myself slightly amused.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Episode 15 is up and it's the journey to the center of Cloud episode. It's hilarious and even heartwarming at times. There is even a cameo from the discontinued SonsofSatire FFVII Abridged Series Cloud/creator.

Fun and all... But this makes me consider going to the FFVII wiki pages out there and removing all indications that FFVII's planet is named Gaia. While the FFwiki article about the planet has a section at the end admitting the limited occurrence of the name, the article *should* start with the disclaimer that nothing suggests the name to be Japanese canon. But I don't want to edit wiki pages! =/

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
It's an English wiki and people don't think "the planet" can be considered the name of the planet. However you want to see it, Gaia is the name of the planet in English canon so it is correct for the wiki article. Clarification to its English-exclusivity in the intro would be suitable though.

I was going to comment on how given that "Earth" and "earth" are different things, and "Earth" derives from "earth", just like "earthquakes" derive from "earth", that "earthquakes" don't just have to happen on Earth but anywhere with ground. But apparently not the case.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I admit I always thought the "earth" in "earthquake" was the word that means ground or soil.

Anyway not bad, the reference to the squeeky-shoed Sephiroth made me miss that :P

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Episode 16 is up and we have some funny Zack flashbacks and Cid shenanigans.

Last edited:
The comment I wrote to the video:

The entertainment value of these episodes continue to shoot through the stratosphere. If the Shinra No. 26 rocket had been loaded with the Comedy Power of this Abridges Series, Meteor would have been done for many times over.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
So while the cloudstrife8 group is currently working on doing FFVIIAC Abridged, apparently TeamFourStar announced at SGC 2014 that they are planning on doing their own FFVII MachinAbridged series. Look alike they are using the most recent PC release for their engine.

The announcement is at 1:04:11 in the video.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
So while the cloudstrife8 group is currently working on doing FFVIIAC Abridged, apparently TeamFourStar announced at SGC 2014 that they are planning on doing their own FFVII MachinAbridged series. Look alike they are using the most recent PC release for their engine.

The announcement is at 1:04:11 in the video.

So in Team Four Star's most recent update video, their FFVII Machinabridged project got formally announced (and what is apparently being dedicated the majority of their Patreon campaign funds) and while it has no official release date they expect it'll be out before the PS4 HD remaster.

Also the cloudstrife8 FFVII Abridged Series group recently released their three part Q&A 2.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
http://teamfourstar.com/final-fantasy-vii-machinabridged/
FINAL FANTASY VII MACHINABRIDGED
Hey everyone! Takahata101 here. Sorry I’ve been absent from a lot of the gaming shows lately, but I’ve been hard at work with a new division in TeamFourStar! There have been many changes here at TFS and I’ll clue you in on one of the bigger ones.

Last summer, I had an idea for a Final Fantasy VII Abridged, or “Machinabridged,” project. I had a few members in mind and we put together a quick teaser to gauge interest. The guys liked it, agreed to greenlight it, and the next thing I knew I was spearheading a new series! I’d love to give you guys a bit more info on just what that series entails!

I am the writer and producer for the majority of the project. I brought on Antfish as a co-writer and project manager. MasakoX is the main editor of the project, and TFS musical producer AinSophAur is remixing the original Uematsu tracks for the series.

As for the cast, we’ll reveal that later as we draw closer to the release date. As for the big reveal I promised on twitter, I am happy to announce that the entire first season has already been written! We have an entire ten episodes already completely scripted and we are shooting to release the series on a dedicated schedule in the fall of this year. This is the first time we have ever attempted to produce an entire batch of episodes before release!

I’d like to thank you all very much for your continued support and belief in us as a team as we continue to expand. Without you guys we couldn’t have gotten this off the ground, so thank you, and look forward to the show!!

[#TifaBestGirl? #AerithBestGirl?]

Thought I'd post this update on Team Four Star's FFVII Abridged series project.

Last edited:
Top Bottom