FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Some quick context: the red nebula is referred to as the "universe that will be born" in the Japanese Material Ultimania. If the red in the logo intentionally represents this as well, then I must say having it slowly engulf meteor is a mighty clever way of representing how the old is transitioning to the new in this series.

Last edited:

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Yes, this is the universe of creation.
banner1.png

FWq3N11WIAAmqQW

Is this one the universe of death?
banner4.png

FWq3Gx7XoAMbXVP

(since those kind of mobile games are bound to die after a certain amount time, also that one specifically brings a lot of death to players chars):monster:

?

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
Yes, this is the universe of creation.
banner1.png

FWq3N11WIAAmqQW

Is this one the universe of death?
banner4.png

FWq3Gx7XoAMbXVP

(since those kind of mobile games are bound to die after a certain amount time, also that one specifically brings a lot of death to players chars):monster:

?
unknown.png

Yeah and this is what the app photo is currently. A month ago, it had a recreation of the CC box art.
FWtbwm4WYAAGwm6

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I finally managed to write down in a chat with @odekopeko the thing that pique my interest, aka ACC and the OG were completely fine to re-release/play (not even mentioning Ever Crisis), but a DoC remaster/remake might spoil the ending.

First, I know that DoC apparently wasn't well-liked by fans (I am not sure why as I'm waiting for EC to play it lol). So it might be just the devs deflecting because they have no intention of even remastering this game; however, the difference of treatment between everything else and DoC does bother me.

To put it short, playing the OG/EC, watching ACC is fine because it doesn't spoil the ending for the Remake series. Which does mean that there will be a great change, at the very least for the ending. I still believe that most of the Remake series will be like the OG, they're not going to stray that far from it. But I've always had 2 suspiscions, personally:

1. The ending fight with Sephiroth will change, because the ending fight in part 1 with Sephiroth was basically the same than in the OG. They're not going to make the same thing again.

2. It is very possible that they want to close the door on the FFVII Compilation with the third Re- title.

If they did a remaster of DoC, then it would mean that this remaster, just like CC's remaster, is bound to the new Re- series. Which, if they go with #2, is not what they have in mind. There is also the possibility that they don't want to end the Compilation, but as the ending will truly change, then they need to tweak DoC to integrate that ending.

If they go that route, then Sephiroth will permanently die. This is a possibility, and that would mean no ACC nor any novella post-game in this universe. To me, if they make a big change from the OG, this is where it's going to be.

As I know the devs are super proud of ACC especially, I am not sure that they are going there. But it's a definite possibility I keep in mind.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
If they go that route, then Sephiroth will permanently die. This is a possibility, and that would mean no ACC nor any novella post-game in this universe. To me, if they make a big change from the OG, this is where it's going to be.

As I know the devs are super proud of ACC especially, I am not sure that they are going there. But it's a definite possibility I keep in mind.
And even so, they could keep other elements of the novellas and AC intact, just no Sephiroth, Jenova, geostigma, or maybe even Deepground to worry about this time because those plot lines can potentially be resolved during the remake. Like, Cloud and Tifa can still live together and rebuild Seventh Heaven etc. it’s something I’ve argued for a while. And since AC is still relevant to the lore of FF7, having the remake go in a different direction wouldn’t necessarily make it obsolete either.

Reactions: LNK

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Some quick context: the red nebula is referred to as the "universe that will be born" in the Japanese Material Ultimania. If the red in the logo intentionally represents this as well, then I must say having it slowly engulf meteor is a mighty clever way of representing how the old is transitioning to the new in this series.

The universe that will be born?

That's Gaia Beta, believe me.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
What I wanna know, is will Bugenhagen bring up the link with Spira. Hmmmm

Grandmaster Kirbs

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Kirbs
If they did a remaster of DoC, then it would mean that this remaster, just like CC's remaster, is bound to the new Re- series. Which, if they go with #2, is not what they have in mind. There is also the possibility that they don't want to end the Compilation, but as the ending will truly change, then they need to tweak DoC to integrate that ending.

I think you’re on to something here. In fact, I’ve been thinking about the ending of the original game a lot since this whole remake project. It’s kind of just a messy rush of boss fights. There’s a lot of blank areas to fill in. How do you do that in such a substantial way? They’ve shown us they want to take this remake franchise in a grand, climactic direction.

They’ve been pretty in-tune, in my personal opinion, with the fan base. I’m someone who has enjoyed every drop of the compilation, faults and all. (I even liked DoC) I’ve consumed just about every bit of media Final Fantasy VII puts out, as I’m sure most of us have. And I think they want to bring us closure on the whole story that they have ben telling over the years. That’s why there’s such strong meta-commentary.

The point I’m trying to make is that they seem keen on telling a more complete story. And the final section of the game from Jenova Absolute to Safer Sephiroth was all kind of just “Rule of Cool” in the original.

The events here in part one, I hope, are setting up the premise for that final stretch of battles. It’s been pointed out that the Sephiroth we see at the Edge of Creation is speaking like a Sephiroth before he discovers the truth of his origin. He’s been potentially “freed” of Jenova and her influence. Sephiroth needs her to go away, but he also needs all of her crazy alien powers.

It's pointed out as well in Sleepezi’s videos that the Wisper Harbinger is meant to be a prison the planet made to trap Sephiroth and Jenova’s Head in the negative lifestream. But as pointed out earlier in the conversation here, Sephiroth has gained the ability to manipulate the negative lifestream.

So… the series of battles: Jenova Aboslute (I absolutely cannot WAIT for this boss track!), Bizarro Sephiroth (Again, this track is going to be INSANE. The music in this game, ugh.), and finally, the ultimate final battle we’re all waiting to use Knights of the Round during: Safer Sephiroth.

My theory, which, really, could be 100% wrong is that Jenova and Sephiroth are going to be separated at some point. We “Defeat” Jenova for Sephiroth, just like the Harbinger, and he is able to be purified enough to hijack Omega and turn into Bizarro Sephiroth, just like Weiss was supposed to do.

Safer Sephiroth is when he’s absorbing the power of the life stream. (Maybe he gets the proto materia from Vincent at some point??). Or something, I don’t know. It’s going to be wild and I’m so here for it.

Either way, I think Dirge of Cerberus won’t fit because they’re remaking it as part of remake. They have said we will probably see other members of Deep Ground in future games. Azule? Shelke?

We won’t go to locations in the same order because I believe there will be new ones. We may see Banora and what became of it. Wutai is going to be clearly expanded, and we’re getting old-guard Avalanche.

But because they’re bringing it all together into one cohesive story, it creates a mystery and there’s just enough new stuff and changes to keep us interested.

Top Bottom