FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Eerie

Fire and Blood
And from what I gather Kitase will be here? So that means probably new announcement (trailer?). Maybe they'll give us the ending point of Rebirth? (one can dream ok).

roku

Pro Adventurer
They won't start the rebirth hype cycle until after ffxvi has released. They don't want them overshadowing each other.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
We'll absolutely see Rebirth again before XVI releases. E3 is right before it and there's no way there won't be a big information blowout and release date by then. And we'll likely see at least one more trailer in between now and E3 as well.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I don't think they'd wait until after XVI releases, but it will be closer to XVI's release when XVI's hype is firmly at the level they want it at.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Historically, we've been pretty bad at predicting when SE will announce games and "hype cycles". No one thought they'd announce Rebirth before XVI releases, some thought they'd even wait until after the next XIV expansion, and a few thought Kingdom Hearts IV would arrive first. but SE doesn't reveal their portfolio one game at a time. They have too many teams. There's going to be overlap and that makes it pretty much impossible to guess.

Personally, I wouldn't bet on E3. It's been cancelled for a few years now and big studios have moved on to their own livestreams (which have the added bonus of more flexibility and less competition). I also wouldn't expect much at a Japanese-only stream. So yeah :sadpanda:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Prediction:

The Collector's edition of FFVII-Rebirth will be a PAK of Cloud equipped with the Forcestealer with a rideable Chocobo. :monster:

That's the next variant Cloud figure we've yet to receive and I'm betting that's what they'll give us for this game.

Reactions: LNK

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Honestly, that's the whole bottom row except Ever Crisis :monster:

Last Order hasn't been remastered for Blu Ray so the only way to legally watch it is the DVD release, lol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Prediction:

The Collector's edition of FFVII-Rebirth will be a PAK of Cloud equipped with the Forcestealer with a rideable Chocobo. :monster:

That's the next variant Cloud figure we've yet to receive and I'm betting that's what they'll give us for this game.

That'd be pretty cool. My prediction would be a Sephiroth figure. With the title of the game, I think that'd fit pretty well

roku

Pro Adventurer
And overshadow FF16's marketing campaign? I doubt that.

That's how remakes marketing started. Teaser In the first state of play of the year (To remind people it exists) and then full trailer and demo at e3.

screwygirl

Rookie Adventurer
My theory is that Zack is in the Lifestream, which is why he carried past Cloud right through the real Cloud and Aerith. And why Cloud is suddenly gone once he gets to the church. Did you notice the background when he opened the door? Kind of similar to the one at the end of Advent Children, where Aerith and Zack are leaving...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's hard to tell given how blurry it is but that looks like Zack's SOLDIER outfit collar from a side profile.

roku

Pro Adventurer
Yeah after looking at it again I'm pretty sure it's his soldier outfit. Still new nomura art.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
One of the Dandelions from KH Union X. An ancient Keyblade Master who's apparently going to be a big deal seeing as he's one of the only survivors of that Union X era and is more than likely going to feature in the newest mobile Kingdom Hearts game.

Top Bottom