FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
There's also a Weapon in the underground. What's more interesting is that it's NOT the Emerald Weapon.
latest

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
Wow, took me ages to catch up with all this lol

So, any chances that they actually leave (a heavily expanded) Wutai in 2, and start 3 either in the Temple of the Ancients or Forgotten Capital? If they remove the huge materia quest, that'd leave a pretty strong final entry in the project and balance content between 2 and 3.
I always though ending at Forgotten Capital or Northern Crater was the most reasonable, but it'd also mean a pretty heavy part 2 and a part 3 with much less content, unless they moved Wutai there, but the events from the Temple of the Ancients onward are so important that sidetrack to Wutai, even if now is more important, would kinda break the mood.... Just a sudden though.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Huh? Explain more pls?

Long story short.

Zirconiade was the final boss in before before Crisis. He was destroyed 1 week after after Zack's death in Crisis core. My guess, is the devs switched it to happening on the same day, and that's what caused the explosion in the Zack scene. I could very well be wrong though

Reactions: Wol

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
Long story short.

Zirconiade was the final boss in before before Crisis. He was destroyed 1 week after after Zack's death in Crisis core. My guess, is the devs switched it to happening on the same day, and that's what caused the explosion in the Zack scene. I could very well be wrong though
What does that even mean though, Narratively speaking? Are you saying that simply because the yellow particles?

My sense is that the Yellow Particles are the Whispers disappearing into the Lifestream, simply-put.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
My sense is that the Yellow Particles are the Whispers disappearing into the Lifestream, simply-put.
It doesn't look like that's the case so much if you analyze that particular cutscene just a little bit, but I'm just not sure what could it be.

:shrug:

Anyway, I don't think we've been told all there is to know about the Whispers either. ?
I'm not the only one spectring more of these or some similar/related entities to appear somewhere else again, right?
Ancient Temple, Ancient City, or Great Northern Cave? Maybe a bit more insight at Bugen's place too?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
What does that even mean though, Narratively speaking? Are you saying that simply because the yellow particles?

I don't know what that means. It's like Zack being alive at the end. We don't know what that means either. It's something (if true) would be learned about in Rebirth, or game 3.

I'm saying that because of the explosion, yellow particles, and the timeframe.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
I feel like they might be connected to the Weapons somehow
Or ... Daily Planet™'s voices/cries or an actual manifestation of its willpower? (but that seems kinda excesively obvious, though?)
Don't remember this being suggested, but probably was? Been keeping all my scarce theory-making to myself most of the time since I'm not as good as you lot (specially @Makoeyes987, mostly fine to read) writing down my thoughts.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Or ... Daily Planet™'s voices/cries or an actual manifestation of its willpower? (but that seems kinda excesively obvious, though?)

I mean, Weapons are actual manifestations of the Planet's willpower lol. But as I said, it seems pretty obvious in French, IIRC one of the 3 whispers is called emerald I think lol; or something like that. One youtuber even commented on it, he was like "yeah of course they are weapons-like, see even their names are!!"

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
I mean, Weapons are actual manifestations of the Planet's willpower lol.
I thought Weapons had their own... agency under the planet's supervision?
What I mean is Whispers being the planet's mind communicating and acting directly.

IIRC one of the 3 whispers is called emerald I think lol; or something like that. One youtuber even commented on it, he was like "yeah of course they are weapons-like, see even their names are!!"
But is that not just because these are colour coded: Green, Red, Yellow? I think that's the same in all languages. Reason? Who knows.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
They are, and they're also the manifestation of the Planet's will. That's literally what the normal whispers are when they try to keep the OG route, it's the Planet's will. The big one at the end is just weapon-like, it's IMHO a nod to the Weapons from the OG, hence the colours, but also a nod to ACC with Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The 3 Whispers summoned by Whisper Harbinger are the spirits of Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo but their names here are Rubrum, Viridi and Croceo. Latin for each of their respective colors.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Well, other than the restated silver-haired trinity reference, what is the meaning behind the colour codes? I'm not even sure that's important, though.
I too thought Harbinger was a dev test or nod in relation to Weapons, but not necessarily one.

My point with the whispers (and the so called "fate") being the Planet's Will itself taking shape (not an independent creature made by it) is that it seems reasonable to expect them to reemerge at some point in the journey (some do think these are no more), though their role may be different next time.

Or maybe we all were fooled and these are something totally different in nature to be revealed way later. (also appliable to Zack's stuff)
Yeah, now I remember why I don't theory-craft much: it is pointless for now and actually think this is just the FF7 we know but with added layers of depth and mystery, so whatever.

Anyway, I was about to bring up something else but this was distracting enough that I don't remember anymore what it was. :mon:

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Their colors and that they’re born of the planet as a defense mechanism lead me to believe they’re somehow connected to the Weapons, and I doubt we’re 100% done with them.

Rubrum, Viridi and Croceo are described as entities from the future manifesting in the present day to protect their future, and in reference to the remnants of Sephiroth, they’re described as taking their fighting styles from Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo.

I don’t know if that’s meant to suggest that the souls of Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo themselves literally traveled back in time or if it’s the Whispers taking on their forms as a physical manifestation of what was originally fated to happen.

Reactions: LNK

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
How the hell can you doubt Sephiroth absorbed and manipulated the Whispers?

You see him suck the Whispers into his body. He uses them to form his one wing. When he gets pressed in battle at the end, he starts farting some Whispers out and then throws them at the party.

Yeah, Sephiroth absorbed the Whispers. It's shown quite explicitly. It's one of the few things not confusing about Chapter 18 :monster:

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
How the hell can you doubt Sephiroth absorbed and manipulated the Whispers?

You see him suck the Whispers into his body. He uses them to form his one wing. When he gets pressed in battle at the end, he starts farting some Whispers out and then throws them at the party.

Yeah, Sephiroth absorbed the Whispers. It's shown quite explicitly. It's one of the few things not confusing about Chapter 18 :monster:

Yeah I don't know why people were doubting it. Apparently, they didn't notice that somehow! Lol.

Golden Ear

Pro Adventurer
AKA
M. Prod
My guess people didn't notice he absorbed them, because Max said they were destroyed. Lots of people take what max says as the truth

He absorbed them and then threw the few remaining ones at the party at the end when they were doing all that Tifa Punch, Red XIII flip scratch ect showing the the last ones left have now disappeared as a result of the battle as well as they all getting sucked in to that explosion ball.

Honestly I have no idea but I've actually considered that's what they were showing...who knows. My impression was he was absorbing them or collecting them to make sure they all get destroyed by the party because that was his intention the whole time. Like setting them up to get knocked down in a way.

Last edited:

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Don't forget you literally hear Sephiroth's voice coming from one of the Whispers earlier in the game.

Top Bottom