FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I'm very glad to see that it wasn't just me who hated that line. It was the worst part of the newest trailer IMO. Hated the hand gesture too lol.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Wasnt it to reference the stench of Reeve's cowardice? Didnt think it was that bad. But I really wanna see more of the TGS Heidegger, where he even "KYAHAHA'd" a lil bit

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I didn't hate it at all, I was just agreeing that the OG's line there was good. It's better than what hte old PC port version had, haha

Reactions: Ite

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
Aeris' voice acting at the end of the trailer was terrible. Sounded like a low budget Indie game.

I'm really hoping that's not in the final game, and that we don't see any resemblance to it in any of her other lines. She's too important a character for that nonsense.

It wasn't one of their best trailers, to me. It showed a lot of content which I liked, but it didn't hit me emotionally like some of their other trailers have. Probably something to do with the music and how all over the place it was. Honestly - I don't think any of the trailers have been 'great'. The actual leaked demo squashes them all in terms of quality and 'feel', so I'm hoping it's just a case of the actual game flowing and feeling the way it should, whereas the trailers are rushed and dramatized.

Last edited:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I dont think her line is bad. I think it's almost certain that she will start as the same old OG Aerith, that didnt know and didnt want to know about all the Planet-Cetra-Related problems, but since it's a full game experience, she as the other characters will have to go through a development throughout the game and by the end, she's probably going to take up some of the "mantle" of being the last Ancient, and how she's the only one who feels what's going on. Aerith only kinda became that right before she died tbh and they are expanding that. Newcomers might think she will be the Planet's savior, since Cloud is going crazy all over the place, and oldcomers will get that terrible feeling of dread because we know what her destiny will be like. It will play out very nice, and I'm almost sure Square knows that. The problem was the voice acting, but it's not the first time we've heard a line being said terribly in a trailer. Because if I'm honest....trailers kind of suck.

You watch the E3 trailer and then the TGS one and it almost feels like two completely different tones the game will have. The E3 one is obviously suited for a more european-american audience, and TGS is classic japanese trailer. They all have their hype music and combat action cut over, but the feeling they both give are strikingly different.

And I think that's the problems with trailers. In the end, they are nothing more than cut out, mashed up pieces of advertising that have to fill in some standards for audiences to see that and wanna buy it. Everytime I see a trailer, I remember the leaked demo, and how pretty damn decent the voice acting was, and the lines were good, and the music fit right in. You watch a trailer? You just entered a freaking lottery, where half the scenes dont fit and the voices dont match, and half your excitement exists because you really are into this game. They can be pretty good to hype up you and the game, but showcasing what's really going to be like....then I dont think that's their shoes to fit.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Is this Mukki?
Short answer:
No.

Long answer:

His name is Andrea Rhodea and he runs Honeybee Inn. He's a new character involved in the Wall Market crossdressing caper, along with Madam M and Chocobo Sam, proprietors of the new massage parlor and chocobo ranch, respectively. All three seem to want to see Corneo taken down a peg.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
Short answer:
No.

Long answer:

His name is Andrea Rhodea and he runs Honeybee Inn. He's a new character involved in the Wall Market crossdressing caper, along with Madam M and Chocobo Sam, proprietors of the new massage parlor and chocobo ranch, respectively. All three seem to want to see Corneo taken down a peg.

Why do I suddenly get the feeling that every single part of the script barring certain memorable lines has been beefed up to the point of bombast? This really feels like SE is pulling out all the stops. I am not sure how this will make me feel, actually. Is it going to take hours and hours of dialogue reading just to get to Wall Market itself?

... I do hope this doesn't detract from the gameplay.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I've been hoping the context around when you visit wall market might change. Either it happening earlier in the plot so the plate fall doesn't immediately follow it, or otherwise having a whole lot more happen before you get there. I say the more they expand the better, otherwise the game will be too short.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Okay, so...this might seem like a random question, but...given the relatively drastic (IMO) change in characterization of the Turks, Reno in particular, starting with "Advent Children" and encompassing all the spin-offs etc from there...I wonder if he'll still be the one directly responsible for the dropping of the plate?? I mean, that boss battle is pretty iconic, but I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it around in some way. That whole cold-hearted "You're too late...once I push this button..." bit, especially in conjunction with moments like his later disinterest in combat in Wutai (underlining the fact that he doesn't even have an ideological investment in the violence he commits, including murder of countless civilians...he's just a morally apathetic gun-for-hire) would really separate him from the Reno that's seemingly come to be canon post OG.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
People here have mentioned it before but I don't see it. Personally I don't see much moral difference in pushing the button and fighting to prevent people from disarming it anyway. Either way you're still pretty damn responsible.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I have to question whether the Compilation-derived character change will persist in the Remake. It's its own continuity already, from what we have seen.

Top Bottom