Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I am, aren't I? It's a good thing I'm so humble and modest, or else I'd feel the need to flaunt my brilliant retorts repeatedly and would seem insufferable.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
1450762-1450754_cool_story_bro_super_super.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think people were hoping that they were switching in all the high-poly models from the cut scenes into normal gameplay. While that would be nice, SE never said anything remotely like that. :P

Yeah, except that just wouldn't work, even with today's (or tomorrow's hardware). The cutscene models are made out of millions of polygons without any optimization, then sent to a render farm. I dunno how long the FFX cutscenes took to render, but I'm sure it's a lot - and computers of today aren't yet as powerful that they can render stuff like that in real time.

In truth, there's only so much they can do in HD re-releases. Boosting the resolution to full HD shouldn't be a problem if the games were properly built back in the day. They could probably also remove some optimizations, like using low-quality textures, but only if they still have the original source material (which, I believe in the case of FFVII, was sadly lost at one point).

A proper HD remake would require artists and stuff redoing textures and models and things. Which is doable, but takes some investment.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah, except that just wouldn't work, even with today's (or tomorrow's hardware). The cutscene models are made out of millions of polygons without any optimization, then sent to a render farm. I dunno how long the FFX cutscenes took to render, but I'm sure it's a lot - and computers of today aren't yet as powerful that they can render stuff like that in real time.

They're not talking about the CGI models in FMVs.

FFX, KHs, and FFXII use two sets of ingame models. One is just for general gameplay, then there's the ones featured in the ingame cutscenes, with completely detailed faces.

stiles

Call me a TREASURE HUNTER!
AKA
Locke
if they ever make a xii hd version id be all over it. still this will give me a chance to actually finish 10, last time i played it i got stuck on a fight with seymour and gave up.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
i. still this will give me a chance to actually finish 10, last time i played it i got stuck on a fight with seymour and gave up.

You should try again Locke ! The ending and everything is really worth it, truuuust me. <: Though don't worry about failing while playing a FF. I failed at FF6 and FF9, like six times, before eventually getting to the ending xD

Oh and now the ending will be in flashy HD, so it will be even more worth it ! <:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Are they going to fix the horrible timing of the dialogue scenes? Because the voice acting would be so much more bearable if it was actual dialogue and not line-pause-line-pause-line-pause, stilted, awkward, unfunny, distracting, hamfisted, overweening, donkey-raping shitpile it is.

Or better yet, actually remake the game and get a better director to redub it. You can keep the same actors, just, you know, don't direct them like George Lucas.

Spruce up the Dissidia models, re-make every game starting with 1. For the latest console, not a fucking handheld, not a fucking old system. It won't take shitloads of manpower, just rendering time. It would turn a profit -- more of a profit than releasing another online game that nobody buys.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
hey sweet macros
Haters-Gonna-Hate-Banned-In-Hollywood-15.gif

Honestly, though, sprucing up the Dissidia models and making some shitty fucking houses will serve perfectly fine for the first three games. It's not like they need story consultants, art designers, script writers, gameplay programmers, or any of that shit, just a handful of monkeys to copy down data and add some polygons. A paltry price to pay for a revived fanbase and a new pile of assets.

Last edited:

peaches

nectarines
Guys guys, the reason everyone is so excited for FFX remake is, ya know. Trophies!

I know that's why I'mma get the game.

peaches

nectarines
Well good, everyone should like me. I hope one of the trophies is to complete sphere grid with all characters.

I just love dem' ones that aren't exactly difficult but take ages.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Well good, everyone should like me. I hope one of the trophies is to complete sphere grid with all characters.

I just love dem' ones that aren't exactly difficult but take ages.

Hahaha lol. I hope so too. But I hope they don't have one like FFXIII's treasure hunter. I hate collecting weapons. Aghh I want this outt have they stated any release date yet?

peaches

nectarines
After playing Infamous, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted, 'treasure' finding isn't that bad to me anymore xD

I hope they have boss trophies! Maybe like beating a certain boss quickly or something. I like stuff like that.

And before the end of March next year is it's intended time period of release!

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
After playing Infamous, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted, 'treasure' finding isn't that bad to me anymore xD

I hope they have boss trophies! Maybe like beating a certain boss quickly or something. I like stuff like that.

And before the end of March next year is it's intended time period of release!

Haha I have on my list Assasin's Creed yet xD.
Yess like Omega... I love that one :D. Really? March the month where dreams come true

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I could conceivably platinum FFX. This is one of the few games I've mastered.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Ass creed, Infamous, and possibly uncharted are good games to train your treasure hunting skills for games like these. Couldn't have said it better myself, jason mah boy.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Infamous at least had a thing to help you find them. Which was helpful when looking for those last few :monster:

Uncharted(s) I only managed to find all the treasures cause I looked in every nook and cranny. EXPLORE ALL THE THINGS! AssCreed I was like, fucking feathers... no way. lol

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Last time I tried ass creed on a bootlegged version on a friend's ps3, it fucked the game over since certain feathers won't appear or the game got screwed by glitches. Word to the wise, children, don't use bootlegs anymore.

Top Bottom