Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Lulu being highly pregnant but not looking it still bugs me.

Even Rikku mentioned it. :awesome:

(no Square, lampshading it will not make it okay :P)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
This tutorial looks like something I would do if my console was doing it consistently. Maybe it's a problem with where you're keeping it, is there enough space/ ventilation around it?
it's on an open shelf with nothing really blocking it (it's on the middle shelf of one of these), close to the front so there's room at the back. mine doesn't yellow light during use except on 2 occasion (and it wasn't intense use, i was trying to open the psn store after turning it on). maybe once during use? it mainly won't turn on first time, it takes several attempts to get it to start and stay on.

i want to blame its 6 year age and my brother's usage for this. since he would play for 10+ hours for days on end (plus leaving it on why he watched something on tv). when it turns on properly, it stays on (then my brother spends hours watching netflix and amazon videos on it). he thinks it's the soldering becoming brittle, but i don't have a soldering iron to do anything about that.

and i kinda want one of those new slim models :sadpanda: if this one will still work or can be fixed i would give that to my brother and take the new one with me when i leave :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
If you've got the cash just get a new one IMO. Backup your stuff if you care about what's on the hard drive (saves etc) but if you've got PS+ the important ones can be backed up to the cloud and all of the games you've downloaded can be downloaded again as long as its the same account :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
yeah, i've uploaded or backed up all my saves, there's nothing on there now that i can't get again

but i don't have the money for a new one just yet :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
My percentage completion is higher than both the guides I'm following :/

I haven't deviated at all from what they've told me to do so unless I did something I wasn't supposed to by accident I'm going to assume it's because I've been watching the spheres as I get them rather than something more sinister that'll surely destroy my soul when I'm about to finish chapter 5 :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
omg they had the english actors do japanese quotes for the international version, it's all coming back to me now

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also, how did I miss the obvious MGS reference on Mt Gagazet with Rikku shouting "Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!" all these years? :lol:

Lex

Administrator
So I'm on 54% completion, about halfway through Chapter 3.

Dark Yojimbo whooped my ass a grand total of four times last night before I lost patience and turned the game off. Man those are some cheap ass mechanics (for a normal side quest boss). I was guarded against poison and it became a matter of pot luck whether or not the dog would attack my alchemist (because you can't rely on a proper healer due to Zanmato reducing both HP and MP to 1). I'm going to re-spec the team and do it later.

It's only annoying because there's a fairly lengthy "get everyone out of this cave" sidequest beforehand and no save point. There is a save point, but the game says "LEAVE THE MISSION!?" if you try to go to it even after you've saved all the people. From what I can tell there's no penalty for choosing "yes" then saving before the boss, but I don't want to risk affecting the completion score so I actually did the sidequest four times which is why I lost patience.

Also Shinra ain't installing commspheres on Bikanel for some raisin.

Also dear god wow the Bevelle Underground in Chapter 2 is one long ass dangerous dungeon without save points if you're trying to snag that ribbon. Idk how I forgot about that 0_0

Lex

Administrator
You should do them as you become powerful enough to do so. Breaks the farming up a bit IMO. Be warned that farming fortune spheres takes the same amount of time to do as both grinding the rest of the required spheres and terraforming the entire grid.

So I was a little bit into chapter 5 when I realised I needed to reload a previous save, having missed a tiny bit of dialogue (I don't actually know if it was this but I'm hoping it is because I'm playing it now).

The guide I'm following states this:

Code:
......................... SAVE GAME [72.0%] .........................

AIRSHIP CELSIUS ................................................. 3.6

NOTE: the next save checkpoint is at 79.0%, but there's nothing to
  do except talk to people and watch cutscenes so no worries

* talk to Rikku until she responds with regular dialogue boxes
  * DO NOT TALK TO SHINRA
  * talk to everyone else until they respond with dialogue boxes
  * now head over to Shinra and trigger a scene about the crowd
    outside
  * watch the scene with Tobli
  * talk to Tobli to start the concert
  * watch the concert
  * once you're back on the Bridge, speak to Maechen
  * DO NOT TALK TO SHINRA (YET)
  * go see LeBlanc in the Engine Room and obtain Crimson Sphere 5
  * OK, now talk to Shinra to trigger a scene

---------------------------------------------------------------------
CHAPTER V
---------------------------------------------------------------------

AIRSHIP CELSIUS ................................................. 2.0

* watch "Crimson Record 5"
  * speak to Buddy on the Bridge
  * sleep in the Cabin; when you wake up, walk toward the railing
    to trigger a scene with Brother and Barkeep (this won't happen if
    you did not sleep in the Cabin in each of the previous chapters)
  * head to the engine room and go to the far end (keep pressing
    against the giant gears) and trigger a scene with Buddy

ZANARKAND RUINS ................................................. 0.8

* episode complete
  * speak to Maechen
  * go into Zanarkand and toward the dome; you should see a message
    about Isaaru having returned to Bevelle, and that you cannot go
    further in -- if you don't see this message when you try to get
    inside the dome, then you've done something wrong (perhaps not
    finishing the monkey mission here, or not getting the story
    points in Zanarkand during chapter four)

LUCA ............................................................ 0.6

* cutscene involving blitzball; I chose to take part, but then
    canceled out of the next screen
  * go to the save sphere near Mi'Hen Highroad and walk toward the
    railings to trigger a cutscene
  * follow the Moogle around for more cutscenes (the last spot is
    at the first, left dock)
  * episode complete

......................... SAVE GAME [79.0%] .........................

When I got to that part, my save file said "78%" even though I'd followed every instruction. The other guide I'm following didn't give me any hints as to why.

I went back to the part where you have to talk to Rikku first (that's the most important bit). You'll note above it says "DON'T TALK TO SHINRA!", followed by talk to everyone then head over to Shinra for the scene.

You need to talk to Rikku first, then she'll head over to Shinra. Then you need to talk to everyone else. THEN YOU NEED TO TALK TO SHINRA. Shinra has a line of dialogue but he doesn't trigger the next scene like this guide implicates, Shinra does. Thankfully I don't have any battles to repeat, and I hope this is the case because when the guide said "head over to shinra to watch a cutscene" I spoke to Rikku first incase she had any further dialogue, and she triggered the damn cutscene.

EDIT: Can I just say aswell that I love Maechen and his stories are awesome <3. I think I like his voice more than anything. That moment
at the end of his storyline in Zanarkand where you see Auron, Braska and Jecht actually brought a tear to my eye. I don't think I've ever seen that scene before.

EDIT2: Yup, it was definitely the talking to Shinra thing. Just replayed it and got 79%.

also lol guide telling me to do via infinito now, my characters are level 39 are you having a laugh

Last edited:

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
I really hated how a maxed out Auron hits like an inebriated skinhead at a Friday night pub, because his weapon's rage mode works based on his HP percentage. That's so annoying. He can't hit 99,999 with his health high.

You should do them as you become powerful enough to do so. Breaks the farming up a bit IMO. Be warned that farming fortune spheres takes the same amount of time to do as both grinding the rest of the required spheres and terraforming the entire grid.

Those are for Luck right? I actually hear that it's one of the better stats you can have.

Lex

Administrator
Well it used to be. Luck is pretty much Accuracy + Evasion, but to be able to guarantee a hit on the dark aeons you need a certain amount of luck (accuracy is irrelevant).

Stolen from elsewhere:

To guarantee every attack hits you need Luck = enemy's Luck + 75
To guarantee every attack hits even under Darkness you need Luck = enemy's Luck + 90
To guarantee every attack is a critical hit you need Luck = enemy's Luck + 100

The dark aeon with the highest luck is (I think) one of the dark magus sisters who has 115 luck, so to guarantee a critical hit you need 215 luck.

Good luck with that :monster:

Yuri Lowell

Pro Adventurer
Mhmm. Yes, it does seem like farming for Fortune Spheres when you're able to do a lot of other things is for the best ultimately, you had a good suggestion. I really felt like an out of shape runner who forgot to stretch when I fought them as a kid, because I had almost no luck. I missed quite a lot...

(pst, I like a lot of the remixed soundtrack. Don't kill me!)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Eh, I beat all the Dark Aeons way back when without farming a single luck sphere. Just use Attack Reels once Wakka has enough strength to do 99,999 per hit. Entrust and repeat for the bosses with really high HP.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
*arrives at Moonflow*

Hypello: "Please shave me!"

Me:

Homerhedge_zpsylounczj.gif

Lex

Administrator
I have to say I love the Hypello in this game. Barkeep + Waifu made me laugh a lot. HoW cAN wE HelP yOuouooO?

I've hit that really awkward phase of chapter 5 where there's no expedient way to continue with the story without grinding. And there aren't really any places to quickly grind in this game. 1000Exp per battle from the Thunder Plains side dungeon might sound nice but that's 7 battles per level at level 41... much grind. Many enemy. Wow.

Also I need to catch two more chocobos that are capable of reaching level 5 to unlock the Amazing Chocobo and the Mi'ihen side dungeon (King VERMIN!).

For the Monster Master trophy I need to oversoul every oversoulable fiend, which means before I grind them out in Bevelle I need to encounter fiends that only appear in Bevelle after you've encountered them elsewhere. The fiends are: Chocobo Eater, King VERMIN and Azi Dahaka. Azi Dahaka is a pain because he's the monster that appears when you try to go through a farplane gate during the endgame without deactivating it. And I don't want to go down there until I've done everything else because it's officially going to screw with my completion.

However, you can encounter him in the monster arena on the farplane cup. But the farplane cup requires you to beat 10 other cups and you have to be like level 70 or something. The farplane cup is also how you can recruit Tidus as a playable character, so I might do it for kicks. This is about to get very grindy.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Thank god there is only one trophy related to Creature Creator. I don't think I'm gonna bother with that beyond the trophy. X-2 already throws enough distractions and sidequests at you as it is. :P

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here, but I defeated all the Dark aeons plus Penance +Ultima and Omega, and Braska's final aeon by adding 1 -100 gil to the Yojimbo summon each time which always did a killing blow. It meant increasing the gill with each summon but it worked easily enough.

Lex

Administrator
PAINE: Come get some!
YUNA: Paine gets all the good lines

I lol'd. Hadn't heard that one before.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I hear it all the time. :P

Just paid off O'aka's debt with the money I got from selling that info in Guadosalam back to the seller for 100,000 and I got a huge discount.

So now I can just buy 99 Hi-Potions for cheap at O'aka's and sell them for profit to Barkeep. :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Edit: Oh dear, this is a godsend for me: http://www.ds.arch.tue.nl/joran/Default.menu?menu=ff

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I used that too :monster:

I like the maths thing with sphere break and it doesn't bother me normally, but I wanted to be sure I beat shinra without having to reload so using that is the best way to go.

Top Bottom