Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I've said for years that you're not a real man until you've beaten Yiazmat in one sitting.

Guess it's about time to show these kids nowadays what a real gaming marathon is.

HEYBUCKETHEADBASCHLIVESI'MCAPTAINBASCHI'MCAPTAINBASCHFONRONSENBERGOFDALMASCA

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I can't wait to see this man kick ass in HD!

c97299fa6378d608192b2a8e61b4cc90.jpg

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Also, Zodiac Age sounds better than "International Word Salad Title" or the ever original "HD Remaster" subtitle.

Although I suppose at first glance one might think this is the title to a sequel or spinoff.

Funny you mention that, Tets. When I first saw the headline that is EXACTLY what I thought. I was like "well that was unexpected..." However, once I clicked and read, I obviously learned the truth of the matter. I can't wait to see/hear more from this remaster.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Cool. The Zodiac System looks interesting.

*crosses fingers that PC release will come sooner rather then later*

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
OK guys, get ready for moar hype:

Balthier and Gabranth Play Arts Kai figures are being announced for September and October 2016.

Wasn't I just saying something about MOAR merchandise?? :awesome:

13413647_1360351707311982_5607206456958367682_n.jpg

13343136_1360351740645312_1550420550160201663_n.jpg

13335697_1360351763978643_841551463845078220_n.jpg

13406877_1360351787311974_5610532932096657886_n.jpg

13321703_1360351813978638_7159368919006459148_n.jpg

13327365_1360351847311968_3702693712736275548_n.jpg

Fangu

Great Old One
^ They remade Balthier. And this time they got his nose right.

...okay I need to get Fran and Balthier now. Goddamn.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
OH MY GOD this is really happening, a remake of XII!!!! :reptar: What awesome news to wake up to. I'm with you Lith, a Remake of VII and XII on the way is awesome news indeed. These are in my top 4 FF games of all time ;__;

I love the name too, Zodiac Age, sounds cool. :awesome: I'm excited to see the graphics update and even more excited for the other stuff they'll be putting in it (remastered tracks?! <3)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I think it's (kinda) confirmed that the Effect Capacity was removed from this remaster.
For anyone that doesn't know, here is an explanation of what the Effect Capacity mechanique is.

p2DD5Cs.jpg

You can see Scathe (an Effect index 8 spell) being casted at the time as Blizaga (an Effect Index 4 spell), giving a total Effect Capacity of 12. In the PS2 version of both vanilla and IZJS the max index was 8 and when excceded the action charged can only be executed when the earliest action ends.

I've said for years that you're not a real man until you've beaten Yiazmat in one sitting.

Guess it's about time to show these kids nowadays what a real gaming marathon is.

Now that Effect Capacity is removed, previous common strategies againts high level foes will be no longer viable, making the fights harder than they originally were.

Lex

Administrator
^^^^

To follow up on the game mechanics thing...
previous WR holder Freddeh (on Skype) said:
[15:52:46] Freddeh: my god
[15:52:53] Freddeh: effect queue is gone
[15:53:05] Freddeh: the video has scathe mote and like 2 other spells going off at the same time
[15:53:08] Freddeh: and flare+dispel
[16:08:07] Freddeh: 1:24*
[16:08:20] Freddeh: Scathe Mote + Dispel + Shock (Shades of Black)

holy cow

Also, writing article.

I am so happy on behalf of all the people who are invested in this game. If Square messes this one up, I will be obligated to join the crusade of Fangu and her Army of FFXII Fans. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Freddeh analyzes trailer

He points out that the player is controlling Larsa, but iirc you could never control guests in IZJS, just set their gambits.

Yay running through Nam-Yensa as Vossler??!

Controlling guests?! What if they can they also level up and like... you can change their equipment? Because I would love that. I want that so much. Vossler with a bow and arrow. I need to see this stuff. :wacky:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Also, open this page, turn on the music and play it as loud as you can with your best stereo or best headset on.

You will not regret it.

Edit: Here's the file. You're welcome.
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff12_tza/audio/0512_BGM.mp3

Wow, did you rip that Fangu? If so, thanks!

I definitely noticed a difference in the tracks playing the background of the trailer. For this one, I can definitely tell that the strings are more pronounced than they originally were.

If the rest of the score is remastered as good as this one, I'll definitely fork over the money for it. I'm impressed by just this track alone. Tbh, I wasn't that head over heels for the remastered score of FFX, and there were only a handful of tracks that I actually liked better than the original songs.

Oh gawd, I can't wait to hear the 'Jahara, Land of the Garif' remastered--the brass in that track already sounds fucking amazeballs. Or 'Seeking Power'? Or 'Eruyt Village'? Or 'To the Place of Gods'?! HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

And Fangu, I'm with you on the Play Arts figures. I don't even have Fran yet, so now I'll have to lay catch up...

Good lord 2016, just TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY! First the Ultimate Edition of XV, the announcing of KupoCon for next year, now this?! :aah:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9

Now that Effect Capacity is removed, previous common strategies againts high level foes will be no longer viable, making the fights harder than they originally were.

I honestly don't remember that being too big of a deal with most of the higher level bosses. I seem to remember Vayne having queueing issues, and I guess if you wanna use Scathe for Ultima and the other "can't use physical attacks" Esper.

I tended to get Decoy, Bubble, and Reverse as soon as possible, Have Basch as my Tank, Ashe as my healer, and Balthier as my support DPS, and just let gambits autopilot the whole postgame XD

Fangu

Great Old One
@ Lith,
Nah, no ripping, I just dug it out using Chrome's developer tools, I'm sneaky :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
@ Lith,
Nah, no ripping, I just dug it out using Chrome's developer tools, I'm sneaky :monster:

Well, you're more technologically efficient than I am!

Did you see that VM I sent you about the XII book? How ironic that I sent you that and then woke up to this fantastic news.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
This news completely overshadows the fact that the 4-year anniversary of my marriage is tomorrow.

And I didn't remember until just now. :closedmonster:

Anyway, this news was actually trending on Twitter this morning which made me very happy. I hope this is an opportunity for the game to get more fans.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I suppose it would be too much to ask for that the various license boards not be freaking hidden so you can actually plan?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I suppose it would be too much to ask for that the various license boards not be freaking hidden so you can actually plan?

That would be a nice perk, instead of having to look at a license grid so I can see where the frack I'm going. I've played it so many times I know which direction everything is at, but it would be nice to not have to spend LP on something I don't need right away if there were an easier route to take.

Anyway, the game is up for pre-order on the Square Enix Online Store. I'm not going to order it yet because I know they're going to have some type of deluxe edition with some fabulous goodies.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Nice.

You know, it's funny. I played FFXII, and I remember that I put a ton of time into it, and did all kinds of optional shit, and I liked Balthier enough that I bought his Play Arts figure... but I can't remember a damn thing about that game.

Top Bottom