Final Fantasy XII

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Playing XII, and then I realize.

I am now Baltheir's age.

Hmm.... hmmmm........... :awesome: Not an age gap anymore. Odd to think I was 13 when I first played this game. Holy moly.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Playing XII, and then I realize.

I am now Baltheir's age.

Hmm.... hmmmm........... :awesome: Not an age gap anymore. Odd to think I was 13 when I first played this game. Holy moly.

I'm older than everyone in the party except for Basch and Fran. :ego:

I was 17 when I first played this game. Can't believe it's been almost 10 years since this game came out!

Ah, the memories...

Fangu

Great Old One
Here's a closer look at a new HD screenshot (shown first) vs. the orginal screenshot:

http://www.primagames.com/games/fin...re/first-look-final-fantasy-x-x-2-xii-box-set
(Linked from above article)

Kuja make a thrad. Seriously. It's time.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
HMMMM..... Releasing HD screenshots of XII and a new guide book with said screenshots... Sounds suspicious to me. :awesome:
I'm not going to get my hopes up though; even if they do an HD remake, it'll be a few years before it would come out, I think. I'll wait for more info on this.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yeah, I saw this earlier... But due to that immense let down from Arnie Roth, I'm going to hold my breath until an official announcement.

Yes, I realize it's all but confirmed with the release of these new strategy guides... But understand that my heart can't take any more trolling like that!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
The updated Collector's Edition FINAL FANTASY XII guide features a revised interior design, brand-new HD screenshots, and comes in at 352 pages. These screenshots were updated from the PS2 version of the game, captured in 720p.
that sounds strangely worded to me, i don't know if it's just to not outright say 'there's an hd edition coming' or if it just means they used a better/hd capture method for the screenshots?

don't play me, square

just do it

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
The updated Collector's Edition FINAL FANTASY XII guide features a revised interior design, brand-new HD screenshots, and comes in at 352 pages. These screenshots were updated from the PS2 version of the game, captured in 720p.
that sounds strangely worded to me, i don't know if it's just to not outright say 'there's an hd edition coming' or if it just means they used a better/hd capture method for the screenshots?

don't play me, square

just do it

Yeah, 'updated from the PS2 version of the game'? Is there another version of it that we don't know about?

I call shenanigans on this whole operation, Square.

The tenth anniversary of the game is next year, just confirm an HD remaster already.

Fangu

Great Old One
In other news, I started an FFXII speedrun testrun. I'm amazed by how much I still remember from my 'XII in a day' attempts. Went straight to second round of Dustia leveling without too much hassle. Even had enough gil for the PD's I need for it. Barheim Passage is a major pain in the ass though. I'll need to practice it until I'm blue in the face. It's actually part of what I'm dreading the most in a run - Barheim and Pharos (Brainpans), because they're so technical.

Two things though: I'll need to learn how to play with "Last Selection" on for the cursor, which is already working out a lot better than I feared. I'll also have to get used to the inverted x-axis again, since speedruns is to be done on a console. Plus I'll have to find a Black Label version on eBay or whatnot, since the Platinum version has fixed the underflow bug.

Woot.

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Thanks for watching! And for posting!

It's gonna take a long time for me to learn the route for this game... but it's very relaxing, odd as it sounds :lol:

Lex

Administrator
I had no idea you were streaming :(

OK so this is a bit pedantic... would anyone mind if we renamed this thread to "FFXII"? The number bothers me XD. The decision should really be Tennyo's since she created the thread so what do you think Tenny?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I like to spell the numbers out with roman numerals too. XD

Anyway, I have a question that I hope somebody can help me with. Does anybody have a bigger and better resolution of this picture of Reddas?
images

I'm using this as reference for drawing, and I'd love it if I could find a bigger shot of this with a bit better detail. It's so hard finding nice big pictures of Reddas. :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Anyway, I have a question that I hope somebody can help me with. Does anybody have a bigger and better resolution of this picture of Reddas?
images

I'm using this as reference for drawing, and I'd love it if I could find a bigger shot of this with a bit better detail. It's so hard finding nice big pictures of Reddas. :monster:

How are these?

Attachments

• 10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.33_[2015.10.11_14.19.07].jpg
    10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.33_[2015.10.11_14.19.07].jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.34_[2015.10.11_14.19.20].jpg
    10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.34_[2015.10.11_14.19.20].jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.34_[2015.10.11_14.19.24].jpg
    10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.34_[2015.10.11_14.19.24].jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4
  • 10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.36_[2015.10.11_14.19.36].jpg
    10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.36_[2015.10.11_14.19.36].jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.38_[2015.10.11_14.19.40].jpg
    10. Chapter 9.mkv_snapshot_03.38_[2015.10.11_14.19.40].jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 6

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I had no idea you were streaming :(

OK so this is a bit pedantic... would anyone mind if we renamed this thread to "FFXII"? The number bothers me XD. The decision should really be Tennyo's since she created the thread so what do you think Tenny?
+1 from me on this! And while you're at it, rename the Final Fantasy Rhythm thread to something with "Theatrhythm" in it, since that one has always bugged me as well.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare

images

How are these?

Ah my God, thank you so much! :excited: :loveglomp: Those are so much better, they're perfect! That'll be tons better to draw from, much clearer and bigger pics. I'm just so grateful asjdjhfsjkahsdjka thank you! <3

What's everyone's favourite XII locale? My personal favourite is Cerobi Steppes.

This is such a tough question, because I love a lot of the locales in Ivalice. I do really like Cerobi Steppe, especially with the music that accompanies it. However the Salikawood is just stunning; I love big forests where you walk on the trees to make your way through.

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
What's everyone's favourite XII locale? My personal favourite is Cerobi Steppes.

For me personnaly it's a tie between the Phon Coast and the Salikawood, but the Necrohol of Nabudis comes in a close second. It's haunting and creepy, and overall design of it is just wonderful.

EDIT:

Ah my God, thank you so much! :excited: :loveglomp: Those are so much better, they're perfect! That'll be tons better to draw from, much clearer and bigger pics. I'm just so grateful asjdjhfsjkahsdjka thank you! <3

No problem!! :properhug: Glad I could help!!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'd have to go with Phon Coast as well, though the cities were XII's strongest point in my opinion.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The Skycity of Bhujerba is without a doubt my single favourite place in FF12. It's one of my favourite locales in any FF title, really. IT'S A CITY IN THE SKY. People live there and dangle their feet off the edges on their lunch breaks! IT FLOATS ABOVE THE FRIGGIN' SEA.

We're done here.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
The Skycity of Bhujerba is without a doubt my single favourite place in FF12. It's one of my favourite locales in any FF title, really. IT'S A CITY IN THE SKY. People live there and dangle their feet off the edges on their lunch breaks! IT FLOATS ABOVE THE FRIGGIN' SEA.

We're done here.

Bhujerba had a lot of fun sidequests and hunts to do. My favorite was the Bhujerban Madhu quest. :ego:

Top Bottom